[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm so disgusted...  (Read 6121 times)

klyrish

• All American
Re: I'm so disgusted...
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »
Junior played like an Auburn kid last night.
As pissed, embarrassed and saddened as I am right now about last night, this comment totally made my morning. Thank you. :)

nyg

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 11:47:12 AM »
So are you saying Jamil Jones and Juan Anderson are not going to light it up next year?

To put it bluntly with Jones.  No.  He has been in the system for two years now and has shown nothing, especially since he was labeled as a sharp shooter from the outside.  Hasn't even come close to happening and since Gardner has returned he is back on bench cheerleading.  Love the kid's work ethic based upon a previous article on him, I am sure he is a great teamate, but he will be a few minutes a game sub.  

Anderson gets a pass since he is a freshman and has the "lost in the headlights" during his tenure on the floor.  You can see his ability, but another year of seasoning and conditioning may do wonders.

MU loses 50% of its offense next year plus the senior leadership.  Yes, Gardner and J. Wilson will make up for some of those points and even Mayo, who has digressed since December should average abit more.  But, someone else will really have to contribute in a big way.  I hope T.J. Taylor is the real deal and can provide hope immediately.  

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
Jones showed some flashes earlier on when Gardner was out. He may just need playing time to develop some confidence. Maybe DJO and Crowder leaving will be great for him. Hopefully by having no choice but to play him early on, it allows him to get comfortable and put together games like we hoped for when he committed. I like Jones and am hoping he's someone who can breakout next year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
Jones showed some flashes earlier on when Gardner was out. He may just need playing time to develop some confidence. Maybe DJO and Crowder leaving will be great for him. Hopefully by having no choice but to play him early on, it allows him to get comfortable and put together games like we hoped for when he committed. I like Jones and am hoping he's someone who can breakout next year.

He showed flashes in one game.  Actually more like two minutes in one game when he hit back to back threes against Cincinnati.  Outside of that, there has been nothing.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
I thought he did some good things in the Notre Dame game as well. He missed a fair number of bunnies, but he was aggressive and that's not something we've seen a lot from him. I'm a bit of an optimist when it comes to our players, so definitely understand the other point of view and that I am looking through rose-colored glasses. It just seems he has a lot of talent to me and if he can just get comfortable, he can put it together.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »
It just seems Jones has a lot of talent to me and if he can just get comfortable, he can put it together.

I don't know how many times (it's a lot) that I've seen that kid swoop in and JUST miss grabbing a rebound or stealing the ball.  He's just inches away from being pretty good.  I hope he clicks but I'm starting to wonder.  Unfortunately, he doesn't look like the sharpshooter he was billed as coming out of HS.  He's more than a few inches away from being that.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »
I thought he did some good things in the Notre Dame game as well. He missed a fair number of bunnies, but he was aggressive and that's not something we've seen a lot from him. I'm a bit of an optimist when it comes to our players, so definitely understand the other point of view and that I am looking through rose-colored glasses. It just seems he has a lot of talent to me and if he can just get comfortable, he can put it together.

The thing that bothers me is that he had that game...then Cincy...and then a whole lot of nothing.  Against WVU, when he played 15 minutes due to the suspensions, he had no points and one rebound.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »
To put it bluntly with Jones.  No.  He has been in the system for two years now and has shown nothing, especially since he was labeled as a sharp shooter from the outside.  Hasn't even come close to happening and since Gardner has returned he is back on bench cheerleading.  Love the kid's work ethic based upon a previous article on him, I am sure he is a great teamate, but he will be a few minutes a game sub.  

Anderson gets a pass since he is a freshman and has the "lost in the headlights" during his tenure on the floor.  You can see his ability, but another year of seasoning and conditioning may do wonders.

MU loses 50% of its offense next year plus the senior leadership.  Yes, Gardner and J. Wilson will make up for some of those points and even Mayo, who has digressed since December should average abit more.  But, someone else will really have to contribute in a big way.  I hope T.J. Taylor is the real deal and can provide hope immediately.  

I happen to agree with you. We lose a tremendous amount of offense after this season. Depending on incoming Freshmen is usually not the answer and certainly has not been the case recently at MU. That is why losing yesterday hurts because next year is most def a rebuilding year.

feedback