'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm so disgusted...  (Read 6118 times)

muhoops1

• All American
Re: I'm so disgusted...
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
Meetings on the left coast.  Didn't see it, glad about that.  No hoops this wknd.  Fudge.

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
We need to man up when we aren't in our precious Bradley Center.  Get real MU.  Man the f#ck up and play above your competition for once, not right at the level of whoever we happen to be playing.
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
we didn't come near louisville"s effort tonight. Stupid. panic basketball

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »
'Bout as worthwhile as saving yourself for marriage.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
What was the line?  was Junior shaving points?

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 01:24:34 AM »
Agreed.  They have a ton of talent.  Had some injury and consistency issues.  When they play well, they are damn good.  Picked higher than MU.

Yea, if Marquette played Louisville say 10 times on a neutral court, my guess is the series would finish in some form of 5-5 or 6-4 for one of the two teams.

Unlike the elite Kentucky, N.Carolina, Kansas, Syracuse type of teams that have such of a talent advantage over nearly each team they face which allows them to win while still having an off game, a team like Marquette simply doesn't have the talent to overwhelm other good teams if they have an off night.

The turnovers tonight don't really scare me about the upcoming big dance, i thought it was more just one of those bad nights. The rebounding though is a major concern for me. That has been our biggest weakness all season and once the NCAA Tournament starts, if any team allows a ton of offensive rebounds, it can be the key reason behind ending the season.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:57 AM »
Injury to insult was listening to ND's fight song while Siva was being interviewed.  Yuck.

Why in the hell we're you still watching?!?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 05:01:34 AM »
BTW people shouldn't judge my comments that I am jumping off the bandwagon or that the sky is falling. I was limiting my comments to last nights game. We can still make a deep run with the right draw.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 05:31:51 AM »
Dunno about that - I'm with El Dud, the boards can kill us.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
After watching the ND/USF game, I still feel the same.  Yuck....

There is no way on the planet that we would lose to either of those teams on a neutral court. 

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 07:30:25 AM »
After watching the ND/USF game, I still feel the same.  Yuck....

There is no way on the planet that we would lose to either of those teams on a neutral court.  

I had the same thought. Although, if we played like we did last night we'd probably lose to them as well.

The rebounding is a legit concern. Instead of teams leaving the offensive glass to rush back on D, I would imagine we'd see more of Pitino's approach in preventing our break by pounding the boards.

Such a frustrating out of sorts effort. Truly looked to me like a team that lost its edge with all the hype about a possible Final Four run, POY etc...This team is darn good with an edge, but very ordinary and undersized when playing without one. Kudos to Louisville, they absolutely whipped us.

Thought we had turned the corner until Junior's incomprehensible 3 when we cut the lead to one.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:59:29 AM by StillWarriors »

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »
Why in the hell we're you still watching?!?
Good question.  I am usually one of the people that get irritated when drivers rubber neck to see a car wreck ... and then I became one of them.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 07:51:17 AM »
Junior played like an Auburn kid last night.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:20 AM »
Junior played like an Auburn kid last night.

I'm not a Jr basher, but he wasn't point shaving, it was more like point beheading.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »
Junior did not have his head in the game. Maybe he was out to 4am the night before.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 08:00:50 AM »
I'm not a Jr basher, but he wasn't point shaving, it was more like point beheading.

The worst point of the game for Marquette, was in the first half after they came back to cut it to 1 and had the ball to take the lead. Jr takes a rushed nba three, misses, and louisville come right back down to make a three sparking a run of their own that has them up by 9 again. That to me was the turning point of the game, we had them reeling and one bone headed shot turned it around.

I am not bashing Jr. because I generaly like his play, but it looked like he was trying to impress a girlfreind or scout last night instead of trying to win a game. Trying to do too much on his own, thats not his game.

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 08:03:15 AM »
Whatever that was that I just watched was made all the worse by, at the same time, going through mortgage application paperwork and answering annoying emails about discovery motions. I snapped at my wife when she got home, one of my Newfoundlands drooled on the mortgage application and my phone, and the only beer in the house was Corona Light.  Not a good night.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:42 AM »
The worst point of the game for Marquette, was in the first half after they came back to cut it to 1 and had the ball to take the lead. Jr takes a rushed nba three, misses, and louisville come right back down to make a three sparking a run of their own that has them up by 9 again. That to me was the turning point of the game, we had them reeling and one bone headed shot turned it around.

I am not bashing Jr. because I generaly like his play, but it looked like he was trying to impress a girlfreind or scout last night instead of trying to win a game. Trying to do too much on his own, thats not his game.

That was the play that bothered me the most.  Not just the disitance, but the time on the shot clock and the fact he was going to his right and had to turn back to his left on a pull up.  

The shot was followed closely, though, by the ill advised 3 by Jamil Wilson in the 2nd half when MU cut it to 4 and the decision by Derrick Wilson to take it himself on a 3 on 2 break after a steal off the press in the 2nd half.  All 3 plays killed the momentum MU had.  

I wanted to see, though, how UL would respond to MU in the lead.  How MU would respond.  Especially in light of the game in Milwaukee.  Could have been a sphincter tightener for Louisville.  Then Junior tried to emulate DJO.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:09:56 AM by MUMac »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »
Whatever that was that I just watched was made all the worse by, at the same time, going through mortgage application paperwork and answering annoying emails about discovery motions. I snapped at my wife when she got home, one of my Newfoundlands drooled on the mortgage application and my phone, and the only beer in the house was Corona Light.  Not a good night.

As soon as the game ended, I told the fiancee I was going upstairs to read. I ended up on my phone looking at MU message boards until I went to bed, but I didn't want to be around anyone. I don't think I'll be over this one until we win our first round game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
Brew
Get over it quickly. It was ugly game and it sucked, but in big picture it should not mean much. They played  stupid last night and that happens. Louisville needed more and they played like they needed it more. My opinion for upcoming weeks remains very positive.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:01 AM »
I'm as ticked about not getting a shot to kick ND's butt as I am about losing this game. Frustrating.
My thoughts exactly. Win last night and we are basically in the finals Saturday IMO. Really irks me.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 11:08:49 AM »
Little disgusted, but MU has had two bad games in the last three.  

I just wanted to see a win because of the potential matchup with ND or USF and continue to watch this team play.

I truly believe next year will be a rough one and more disgusting nights like this will occur.  MU has replaced the three Amigos, Lazar, and Butler in the past.  But without DJO and Crowder this team is going to have some serious issues next year.  Serious issues.  

I just wanted to continue watching this years squad and I hope they get a good seed and matchup on Sunday.  

So are you saying Jamil Jones and Juan Anderson are not going to light it up next year?

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
The sky is falling the sky is falling!

I am willing to bet anyone that we don't turn the ball over 25 times again this season.

This!

I'm disgusted too. By everyone's reactions to last night's game. Get over it. We laid an egg. No big deal. It's only the conference tournament. Not the dance.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
^^  But if we continue to play like we have two of the last three times, our run in the dance will be very short.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
Brew
Get over it quickly. It was ugly game and it sucked, but in big picture it should not mean much. They played  stupid last night and that happens. Louisville needed more and they played like they needed it more. My opinion for upcoming weeks remains very positive.

Because I don't expect a Final Four or NC, last night was the big picture.

Big East crown > Elite Eight or less.

Big East crown ≈ Final Four appearance
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback