* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by THRILLHO
[May 18, 2024, 09:50:17 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: S dakota. In game comments  (Read 11320 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: S dakota. In game comments
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
We are going to win this game, but this is ridiculous.

And "this" is ...?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
Uhhhhh, do our guys know it's not first team to lead by 20 wins?
No Finish Line

Buchec18

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2010, 02:52:50 PM »
South Dakota's only down 13 with 3 Minutes left. I thought we'd use this as a great tune up opportunity for Monday's match up with Duke. Unfortunately they are giving us all that we can handle. Hope Monday's game isn't too out of reach..

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »
We have become a wee bit sloppy
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
I hate to say it, but the tide of the game turned when JJ came in the game.   We now are struggling to get ourselves back in sync.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2010, 02:54:50 PM »
And "this" is ...?

Ugly, sloppy, out of control basketball. I'm curious to look later on at our first half stats vs second. We stink in the second half it seems

nyg

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
Just a tad.  1 for like 9 on 3's

11 missed free throws

17 turnovers

All at home against this team.  They do this Monday and it is a 30 point loss.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »
Ugly, sloppy, out of control basketball. I'm curious to look later on at our first half stats vs second. We stink in the second half it seems

Yeah, like the Bucknell game. Only outscored them by 19 in the second half.

Sheesh, guys. The game hasbeen in doubt, um, never.
Did the team gets sloppy? Sure. It tends to happen, especially with younger teams, especially when you're up double-digits since early in the first half. Not a huge deal, and has zero bearing on what happens Monday night. The notion that they'll have the exct same intensity (and rotation/lineup) against Duke as they do up 15 against South Dakota is .... wrong.

But it does give people something to complain about in a walkover, I guess.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
82-69

Nailed the final score in the predictions.   ;D

If I were an opposing coach, I would zone the hell out of this team.  Not enough traditional shooters to break it down.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
3 point shooting and FT shooting look like our achilles heel.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »
looks like the stream cut early.

boooooooo
SS Marquette

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »
I thought the streaming was "live" but see a final score on Yahoo with 7-8 min. left on the streaming.
Won't watch the end 'cuz we're getting outscored.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »
looks like the stream cut early.

boooooooo

I didn't like it being behind - but now it's just hung (presumably because the game is already over).

MUTV guys - you personally did fine, but the stream/technology left a lot to be desired.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:32:57 PM by rocky_warrior »

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
How will we ever live with Chicos now that he has nailed a final score exactly!

Just kidding Chicos, now if you will just predict a 78-77 win over Duke, or any score for that matter.

I'm not that concerned about the sloppy/lazy play down the stretch to make the score look more respectable.  If Monday isn't good then it will be because we don't matchup, but we are going to fall asleep out there.

Go Marquette!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »
82-69

Nailed the final score in the predictions.   ;D

If I were an opposing coach, I would zone the hell out of this team.  Not enough traditional shooters to break it down.

Agree.

I do think duke beats us easily. We just are not ready yet for compete with them.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »
Yeah, like the Bucknell game. Only outscored them by 19 in the second half.

Sheesh, guys. The game hasbeen in doubt, um, never.
Did the team gets sloppy? Sure. It tends to happen, especially with younger teams, especially when you're up double-digits since early in the first half. Not a huge deal, and has zero bearing on what happens Monday night. The notion that they'll have the exct same intensity (and rotation/lineup) against Duke as they do up 15 against South Dakota is .... wrong.

But it does give people something to complain about in a walkover, I guess.]

Last 2 games. GB 2nd half tied 36 all. South Dakota outscored us 40 to 39. U are correct on bucknell, which was 39-20 and pvam was 44-35. But it does not change the fact that we have had long extended stretches in the last 2 games in the 2nd half where we played terrible.  If this happens against duke it will be ugly. The only way we win is if we play really well for almost all of the 40 min. A minute or two bad stretches in a couple spots we could possibly overcome but one 6+ minute stretch like we have seen and we will not be able to recover. That's all I was trying to say when I was thinking we have stunk in the 2nd half

rocky's edit: fixed quote
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:17:32 PM by rocky_warrior »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
Just because that's the second time you spelled it that way, it's: Gardner

Thanks man :)  I was on my phone (and I thought I was spelling it correctly :P)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
Last 2 games. GB 2nd half tied 36 all. South Dakota outscored us 40 to 39. U are correct on bucknell, which was 39-20 and pvam was 44-35. But it does not change the fact that we have had long extended stretches in the last 2 games in the 2nd half where we played terrible.  If this happens against duke it will be ugly. The only way we win is if we play really well for almost all of the 40 min. A minute or two bad stretches in a couple spots we could possibly overcome but one 6+ minute stretch like we have seen and we will not be able to recover. That's all I was trying to say.

I understand what you're saying, I just think it's wrong to assume and/or worry that the way the team plays up 15-20 in the second half against an opponent that poses little threat (and with a lot of young/inexperienced guys on the floor) is the way they're going to play Monday night against Duke.
Maybe it's not right, but it's also realistic to recognize that intensity and focus is going to dip in situations like they were in tonight. And even if it's not a matter of intensity/focus, it's a matter of guys without a lot of experience (i.e. Jamail, Junior, E. Williams, Reggie Smith) learning their way.

You don't (and probably shouldn't) like the way they played in the second half, but I don't think it's indicative of much. And, if nothing else, it gives Buzz an excuse to ride them for a couple of days.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
I blame the sloppy play on the entire team being worried about what kind of gameplan they are going to use in order to contain gasser.

Or the fact that we have such a short turnaround to face a pretty decent foe on Monday. The team
Is leaving tonight. An inexperienced team could very well have had their minds set on duke. Let's turn the heat up boys. Were done playing the jv squad.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
And, if nothing else, it gives Buzz an excuse to ride them for a couple of days.

This I completely agree with. I hope he is all over them about these stretches and what will result if it happens against duke.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
This I completely agree with. I hope he is all over them about these stretches and what will result if it happens against duke.

We will be very competitive against Duke...if Buzz has shown us anything..it is that his teams are VERY hard to blow out..so long as not playing on a 3rd consecutive day..or without a key starter (D. James in 2009).
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »
We will be very competitive against Duke...if Buzz has shown us anything..it is that his teams are VERY hard to blow out..so long as not playing on a 3rd consecutive day..or without a key starter (D. James in 2009).

He better fix the perimeter defense before Monday then.