[Today at 09:32:37 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: David Hahn.  (Read 17428 times)

mu89

• Starter
David Hahn.
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:56:18 AM »
I  know people have mixed feelings but I saw Hahn outside dog house and he said he was thinking about signing tomorrow. I asked him about those videos and he said they were super old. crap is crazy honestly. I feel like this means someone is leaving.

mu89

• Starter
Re: David Hahn.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:15:42 AM »
I  know people have mixed feelings but I saw Hahn outside dog house and he said he was thinking about signing tomorrow. I asked him about those videos and he said they were super old. crap is crazy honestly. I feel like this means someone is leaving.

I was pretty gone so don't crucify me. Grazie.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:35:09 AM »
So, who's leaving?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 06:37:52 AM »
So, who's leaving?

See the thread I started ... you're not allowed to ask this question and you're going to be called a jerk for even thinking about it.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »
Really hope the Hahn commitment doesn't come to pass. What a truly underwhelming and anticlimactic recruiting period this has been.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »
Really hope the Hahn commitment doesn't come to pass. What a truly underwhelming and anticlimactic recruiting period this has been.
Based on what?  You have no idea about anything that's really going on.  Just all the BS posted here and a video clip that nobody really knows anything about.  We wouldn't be having him visit if he didn't have the ability/potential.  And just because he visits doesn't mean we will/have offered. 

Trust the people that really know what they are doing, can evaluate talent, and understand what's in the best interest of the program. 

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
Kid's 7 ft tall if Mbao is in fact leaving why not replace him with someone who at least must be of equal talent?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »
Based on what?  You have no idea about anything that's really going on.  Just all the BS posted here and a video clip that nobody really knows anything about.  We wouldn't be having him visit if he didn't have the ability/potential.  And just because he visits doesn't mean we will/have offered. 

Trust the people that really know what they are doing, can evaluate talent, and understand what's in the best interest of the program. 

Brett Roseboro

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
Once again, the difference between Roseboro and Hahn is that the coaching staff knows more about Hahn.  Buzz has a long standing professional relationship with Hahn's Texas mentor and coach.  We can't and shouldn't judge based on an old YouTube video or an Internet rating done by someone who has not seen a player. (most Internet ratings after you get past the top 100 are pretty dicey at best) 

As far as an additional recruit -- whether it is Hahn, someone else or no one -- Buzz has more than earned my trust.  Lets see how it plays out.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 06:13:38 PM »
If this David Hahn is the Radioactive Boy Scout, I might be a little worried

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292111,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:15:11 PM by KCMarq09 »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »
Brett Roseboro

Wrong.  Big Red never came on a campus visit to work out with the team/in front of the coaching staff prior to us offering him, did he?  If he did, then I will admit the error of my ways. 

I would say that having this kid, noreen, dieng, etc, etc come for visits shows the staff learned from the Roseboro situation...not that this will be another Roseboro situation.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »
Wrong.  Big Red never came on a campus visit to work out with the team/in front of the coaching staff prior to us offering him, did he?  If he did, then I will admit the error of my ways. 

I would say that having this kid, noreen, dieng, etc, etc come for visits shows the staff learned from the Roseboro situation...not that this will be another Roseboro situation.

+1
Roseboro never worked out until after he was signed.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
Brett Roseboro

So, since you are saying that Roseboro proves that the people running the program can't be trusted, the only logical conclusions are that you are advocating either:

1) It's perfectly fine to have MU's program in the hands of people who can't be trusted, or

2) Marquette should fire Buzz Williams.

I'd love for you to clarify which of the two you're advocating and reading your reasons why.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »
Any one know if Mbao is participating in these "workouts" at the Al?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »
I do trust Buzz, more than most here.  I was one of the few arguing he should be hired before he was actually hired when most thought he was a mistake or the administration was "settling."

Regarding issue here ... All I can do is repeat my earlier post as everyone tonight seems to be having a serious reading comprehension problem.

The Question (copy and pasted from the earlier post) ... Trust the people that really know what they are doing, can evaluate talent, and understand what's in the best interest of the program.  

My answer ... Brett Roseboro

Since you "don't get it" let me restate this ... Buzz made a mistake with a recruit named Brett Roseboro, getting anal about whether he visited campus is irrelevant.  Buzz gave a guy a schollie he shouldn't have.  How do I know this was a mistake, because Buzz ran him off before the season started (sorry, that's what he did).

No worries everyone make mistakes and it will happen again.  I'll still love him even if he does again.  

So, when I suggest that Hahn might be another Roseboro (that is, a guy we might not want to take on), remember that Buzz makes mistakes.  You did too in getting my comments wrong.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »
We need a big guy who can at least provide resistance in the post on defense. We had very little defensive inside presence last year. Once the outside pressure stopped keeping the ball from going into the middle we were toast. Butler is not a good inside defensive player. He cannot stop a decent bigman on the inside. That is what happen in the NC St game. In the second half they kept on taking it right to the basket and Butler was schooled. We lost against Stanford and Washington at the end of games in two out of the last three NCAA tournaments, because we did not have the size to stop the play at the end of the game. Mbao needs a lot more strength to be a defensive presence on the inside. Otule, if healthy will help, but we cannot rely on just one big body We need a player with Hahn's size.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »
We need a big guy who can at least provide resistance in the post on defense. We had very little defensive inside presence last year. Once the outside pressure stopped keeping the ball from going into the middle we were toast. Butler is not a good inside defensive player. He cannot stop a decent bigman on the inside. That is what happen in the NC St game. In the second half they kept on taking it right to the basket and Butler was schooled. We lost against Stanford and Washington at the end of games in two out of the last three NCAA tournaments, because we did not have the size to stop the play at the end of the game. Mbao needs a lot more strength to be a defensive presence on the inside. Otule, if healthy will help, but we cannot rely on just one big body We need a player with Hahn's size.

bilsu,
I had some initial trouble comprehending your post, then I realized that it was based on reason and logical argument.  Once I adjusted to that, I found myself enjoying what you had to say and having to agree with your conclusion.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 09:57:10 PM »

Completely agree.  Did Buzz make a mistake by pushing Roseboro out?  Once Mbao and Outle were injured, would Roseboro's presence in the middle made us a better team last year?

If the answer is no, is Hahn better than Roseboro?  

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »
August 17, 2009

http://texasbasketballinc.blogspot.com/2009/08/7-footer-david-hahn-off-to-prep-school.html

I first met David Hahn a couple of seasons back as a high school sophomore. He'd be the first to tell you that at that time, he lacked discipline on the court and in the classroom while at Austin McCallum HS (TX). His Pops, Rick decided that a change was in order and that a military school was the way to go. So, off to the great State of Mississippi he went.

Fast forward to the summer of 2009. I received a phone call from a pleasant, respectful young man who was all business. After touching base with his father, the "new" David Hahn joined the Texas D-1 Ambassadors-Chip for several summer events. Now Hahn has graduated from his Mississippi high schooland is cleared by the NCAA for Division One competiton. He is chomping at the bit for his next step in his basketball journey. With a chiseled 245 pound body, and a new found intrinsic desire to be in great shape the one time "kid" now smacks of maturity as he prepares to head off to the East Coast Prep school scene.

The Big Fella will lace them up for Kimball Union Prep in New Hampshire an old line school with a proud academic tradition and a $40,000 plus annual tuition, room and board price tag attached. Of course being 7 foot has landed Big Dave a scholarship, so there's no need for the rest of the Hahn Family to have to eat rice and beans...lol. Kimball Union is coached by Mike Olson, who was a long time coach at Dartmouth of the Ivy League.

Hahn is currently being recruited by Tulane, Texas State, TCU. Iowa State, American & Bowling Green amongst others. This extra year of development will cause Hahn's recruitment to go into high gear. Expect him to climb up the mid major recruiting charts as this 2009-2010 school year begins.

Best of luck david from Coach Max, Coach Chip and the rest of the Texas D-1 Ambassadors Family.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:50:50 PM by AnotherMU84 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 10:54:02 PM »
In the post above, they mention "coach Max" ...

August 31, 2009

Marquette University Specialty Camp

http://texasbasketballinc.blogspot.com/2009/08/marquette-university-specialty-camp.html

Here is the text of the link ... it includes a bunch of pics

-----

The weekend was spent in Milwaukee, WI at Marquette University's Elite Specialty Camp with two kids from the Austin/San Antonio area. Over 40 of the country's top 2010, 2011 & 2012 players were in attendance at Coach Buzz Williams 2nd Annual Elite Camp.

Texas was well represented with Rickey Scott of Irving McArthur and Cameron Clark of Denison among others. I was priveleged to bring two top notch guards from the Texas D-1 Ambassadors in the Class of 2011 to camp. They were Pflugerville's Deon Mitchell and San Antonio Reagan's Tre Demps. Coach Williams continues to push his Texas ties in attracting our kids to the rough and tumble Big East Conference.

(Below): l. 2011 G Deon Michell of Pflugerville and r. 2011 G Tre Demps of San Antonio Reagan.
Below: Coach Max mugs it up with Coach Williams. Still the ever humble guy, Williams who now makes 7 figures annually started his coaching career by sweeping gym floors for free at Navarro JC in East Texas.

Below: 2011 Tre Demps shows off his guns and the extra 20 lbs of muscle that he's put on in the off season. Look for him to lead San Antonio Reagan to new heights this coming campaign.

Below: As you walk into Marquette's practice facility you're greeted by a larger than life bronze statue of former Coach Al McGuire who led Marquette to the 1977 NCAA Championship. McGuire's famous words to his assistans was not to recruit players who had grass around their homes, but to find the tough kids who grew up amidst the "cracked sidewalks" of the inner city.

Below: 2011 G Deon Mitchell of Pflugerville, the "Baby Faced Assassin" has already received an offer from Marquette. Great things lie ahead for the guard with the sweet shot, deadly crossover and great body control when finishing at the rim with either hand.

Below: Coach Williams has done a great job of mixing Marquette's history both under McGuire and more recently that of Coach Crean and Dwayne "Flash" Wade to it's present where he oversees every minute detail while looking towards future success.

Look for big things out of Marquette as they have a great coaching staff including another Texan of sorts in Assistant Tony Benford of Clovis, NM an old friend of mine from his days at Arizona State and one of the really good guys in the business, Assistant Scott Monarch. Not only is Monarch a good looking dude (lol..that little bald head looks like Coach Max from the back) but he's a tireless worker. An interesting footnote. Many of you are familiar with the movie, White Tiger" which chronicles the first white football player to play at traditionally all Black Gramling College. Well, Coach Monarch is the basketball equivalent as he was the first "White Boy" to lace em up in the SWAC for traditionally all Black Mississippi Valley State.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »
Expect him to climb up the mid major recruiting charts as this 2009-2010 school year begins.

That's the part I don't like.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Boone

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 11:56:33 PM »
Right. And at the BE level he's a reach.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 09:45:43 AM »
When we play our non-conference schedule, I am always amazed at the fact that their center is often better than our center. I have a feeling that if Hahn went to North Texas and we played them two years from now that I would be saying why can't we get a bigman like that. Top 100 ratings are dominated by players that made names for themselves when they were freshmen and sophmores. It is hard for late developing players to break into the list. That is why Newbill is so underrated.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »
When we play our non-conference schedule, I am always amazed at the fact that their center is often better than our center. I have a feeling that if Hahn went to North Texas and we played them two years from now that I would be saying why can't we get a bigman like that. Top 100 ratings are dominated by players that made names for themselves when they were freshmen and sophmores. It is hard for late developing players to break into the list. That is why Newbill is so underrated.
+10000000000000000000

Its funny how we treat bigs around here.  All of us have an understanding that it takes time for bigs to develop, yet we want instant production from them and when our bigs don't produce right away, we want to kick them to the curb.  Its pretty obvious that we are not going to get that 4 or 5 star bigs to come to MU.  Lets have some patience when it comes to these recruits.  I personally still want Mbao on the team.  He might not get a lot of playing time next year but he has a lot of potential.  Otule by all indications is greatly improved this year and could very well be one of the better starting 5s in the Big East this year.   

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »
Why do people post articles from nearly a year ago to try to prove a point today?  As if nothing regarding David Hahn might have changed since the time those articles were written?  Eight months is an eternity if someone is working as hard as they can to get better during that time, making this article completely irrelevent.  

Case in point...eight months ago if I told you that Wes Matthews would be the leading scorer for the Utah Jazz in a series-deciding game in the NBA playoffs I'd have been laughed off this board or called a dreamer or worse.  That doesn't make it any less true that Wes has worked hard and developed into the kind of player that can accomplish such a thing in the NBA.  

The kid wouldn't be on campus if he wasn't worth taking a look at.  period.  

Marquette65

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 12:15:58 PM »
Hate to beat a dead horse but it s/b Noreen or no one.  His competition is better-- the schools that are recruiting him are better--he will fit better in our system-no worries from an academic standpoint.

Hahn, who his coach says in a mid-major at best would tie up a scholy.  We have a guy just like him on the team now.  what does he bring to the table thst we don't already have?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
Hate to beat a dead horse but it s/b Noreen or no one.  His competition is better-- the schools that are recruiting him are better--he will fit better in our system-no worries from an academic standpoint.

Hahn, who his coach says in a mid-major at best would tie up a scholy.  We have a guy just like him on the team now.  what does he bring to the table thst we don't already have?

+1

Boone

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
+2

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »
+3

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
I have never followed a college basketball team quite this closely, but was curious does the speculation of so many people signing with us always happen like this? And how often does it seem like someone is going to leave?

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:30 PM »
Somethings got to be up with the team.  Else why recruit a player who may not be as good as our least talented current roster player.  With that got to say I hope Erik Williams sticks around.  After next season Fulce and Butler have graduated and Erik Williams will be a junior.  Still think Erik Williams will be a hand full in a year or two.

Urban_Legend

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »
Found some video of David Hahn on YouTube. 

Umm...he's the tall guy in DARK uniform(#33) who gets dunked on multiple times / or tries like crazy to get out of the way!  His team was beaten 92-54!

**NOTE** #12 in WHITE uniform is former target- Maurice Walker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96V--cLJYS0

nyg

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »
Found some video of David Hahn on YouTube. 

Umm...he's the tall guy in DARK uniform(#33) who gets dunked on multiple times / or tries like crazy to get out of the way!  His team was beaten 92-54!

**NOTE** #12 in WHITE uniform is former target- Maurice Walker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96V--cLJYS0

Good grief........ Terrible, but Brewster is loaded. 

#5 for Brewster is Will Barton, originally from Baltimore and committed to Memphis.  That kid is a stud to watch.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »
Um, #5 (William Barton) for Brewster Academy is an okay looking player....

Good grief........ Terrible, but Brewster is loaded. 

#5 for Brewster is Will Barton, originally from Baltimore and committed to Memphis.  That kid is a stud to watch.

Beat me to the punch.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 08:46:53 PM »
Man oh man, you gotta take a pass on Hahn. The dude is non-existent. Rather have Frozen-A guarding the post than this cat.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
Wow that video made him look terrible
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Boone

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:03 PM »
He is terrible. But not to worry. He won't be @MU.

Urban_Legend

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 10:59:28 PM »
Yeah...NO WAY he's MU caliber player!  I don't care if he's 8'2. NO projects.

Did anyone else laugh when he appeared to run out of the way from a Barton dunk?  LOL

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 11:23:04 PM »
LOL we already have AT LEAST 2 projects in Gardner and Mbao.  Plus who knows about Smith and Newbill, and some could say Williams (although he was highly touted out of high school).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »
LOL we already have AT LEAST 2 projects in Gardner and Mbao.  Plus who knows about Smith and Newbill, and some could say Williams (although he was highly touted out of high school).

Not sure Gardner is a project. Might take him some time to adjust to the speed of the college game, but he's more polished than any big guy MU has brought in since Rob Jackson.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »
Not sure Gardner is a project. Might take him some time to adjust to the speed of the college game, but he's more polished than any big guy MU has brought in since Rob Jackson.
I would be shocked if Gardner saw more than 10 mpg, scored more than 5 ppg, or got more than 3 rpg.  And I would consider a player with those numbers a project.  I will be very happy if he proves me wrong, though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 01:24:04 AM »

Good grief ... another quote that will go down with last year's quote saying Ewill was the best recruit MU signed in five years.

Let Gardner be a freshman and sit and watch next year.  Maybe in 2 to 3 years he might be a nice starter.

I'll be happy if he's Dwight Burke in 3 years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 06:39:04 AM »

Did anyone else laugh when he appeared to run out of the way from a Barton dunk?  LOL

Most freshman are projects, including about 98% of big men.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »
For all those predicting Gardner will hardly see the floor next year.  Dont forget he is not exactly competing against all Big East 5s on the MU roster for playing time.  He may not be the next coming of patrick ewing but dont be suprised if he splits time with Otule next year.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 08:06:53 AM »
One of the best things about signing Gardner is tha he and Otule will be working against each other for the next 6 months.  Two bruisers battling each other should help both
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
Good grief ... another quote that will go down with last year's quote saying Ewill was the best recruit MU signed in five years.

Let Gardner be a freshman and sit and watch next year.  Maybe in 2 to 3 years he might be a nice starter.

I'll be happy if he's Dwight Burke in 3 years.

Think of the big guys that have been brought in since-

-James Matthews (hard to tell, since he didn't play)
-Amoroso
-Kinsella
-Lott
-Barro
-Burke
-Mbakwe
-Yous
-Otule

Have I missed anyone?

Point is, none of these guys had a clue when they caught the ball in the post. Gardner does. He has good footwork and a nice touch. And size to go with it.

I'm not saying he's going to be Dejuan Blair from the start. All I'm saying is compared to what MU has brought in, he's the most polished.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »

That's also how I feel about Jamail Jones right now. Quite a few people seem to think he's going to be an instant impact player, whereas the truth is he'll probably take time to adjust as a freshman, and may not see much more of the court than EWill did this past year. That being said, I think Williams could really become an impact player by the end of the upcoming season.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »
I think Mbakwe knew what to do with the ball when he got it in the post.  Unfortunately, we'll never know how good he could have been.  From the video, I've seen, Gardner needs to lose a lot of weight (+40 lbs) to get to a BEast caliber center.  That would get him to a weight of about Yancey Gates at UC.  Until he does, he's going to get alot of shots swatted away.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 10:16:34 AM »
I think Mbakwe knew what to do with the ball when he got it in the post.  Unfortunately, we'll never know how good he could have been.  From the video, I've seen, Gardner needs to lose a lot of weight (+40 lbs) to get to a BEast caliber center.  That would get him to a weight of about Yancey Gates at UC.  Until he does, he's going to get alot of shots swatted away.

He's at about 280 right now.  40 more lbs would put him at 240.  I don't know if he can get down that low given his build.  I'd say get him to about 260 and he should be fine.

I would be shocked if Gardner saw more than 10 mpg, scored more than 5 ppg, or got more than 3 rpg.  And I would consider a player with those numbers a project.  I will be very happy if he proves me wrong, though.

If he does 5 and 3 NEXT year, I'll consider that a resounding start.  It's a lot more production than we've had in the post the last 2 years for sure.
The General has taken on a new command.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »
Buzz said he wants Gardner at 260 lbs. I think it's important to have a dude who can defend the post so it doesn't resemble McDonald's drive thru lane and rebound. Would also be nice to get some offensive put backs and play an inside/out game.   
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:59 AM »
Think of the big guys that have been brought in since-

-James Matthews (hard to tell, since he didn't play)
-Amoroso
-Kinsella
-Lott
-Barro
-Burke
-Mbakwe
-Yous
-Otule

Have I missed anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSLo_GwVMA&feature=related

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSLo_GwVMA&feature=related

If I didn't know better, watching that highlight reel would have made me wonder how the heck we didn't win the whole damn thing in 2005-06.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
Its funny to think, but how much would we have loved Greg Clausen on last years team?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
So, since you are saying that Roseboro proves that the people running the program can't be trusted, the only logical conclusions are that you are advocating either:

1) It's perfectly fine to have MU's program in the hands of people who can't be trusted, or

2) Marquette should fire Buzz Williams.

I'd love for you to clarify which of the two you're advocating and reading your reasons why.

Did you ever take PHIL 001?  I know you did.

EDIT: oops.  Sorry.  Your Logic seems ok.  My reading was a bit quick.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:01:53 PM by mu-rara »

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:47 AM »
Rosiak's article says Gardner is at 295 now, not 280.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
Rosiak's article says Gardner is at 295 now, not 280.

On the Homer podcast with Buzz, Buzz said his weight fluctuates a lot...which being around 300 is certainly believable and expected.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:23:50 PM by KCMarq09 »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
Its funny to think, but how much would we have loved Greg Clausen on last years team?

Greg wouldn't have been able to contribute.  Having him on the team would have been kind of frustrating, I think.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »
For all those predicting Gardner will hardly see the floor next year.  Dont forget he is not exactly competing against all Big East 5s on the MU roster for playing time.  He may not be the next coming of patrick ewing but dont be suprised if he splits time with Otule next year.

Also, don't forget the value to Otule's development when he guards a big man with good footwork and hands in practice.