[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamil Wilson Leaving Oregon?  (Read 16937 times)

kmwtrucks

• All American
Re: Jamil Wilson Leaving Oregon?
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »
The difference is this is a Marquette basketball blog, so discussing basketball would genrally be excepted.  This is not a blog that was set up to discuss people's grades and academic standing.  2nd I hope that when people make predictions this is based on some info that they have gathered, either by reading evalutions, watching Video or watching a player live.  

This kind of thing is why Vander decommited from Wisc. People were discussing things and making predictions when they had no educated idea of what they were talking about.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »
The difference is this is a Marquette basketball blog, so discussing basketball would genrally be excepted.  This is not a blog that was set up to discuss people's grades and academic standing.  2nd I hope that when people make predictions this is based on some info that they have gathered, either by reading evalutions, watching Video or watching a player live.  

This kind of thing is why Vander decommited from Wisc. People were discussing things and making predictions when they had no educated idea of what they were talking about.

A) we're discussing basketball player's grades. isn't that something that should be brought up on a basketball message board?
B) I made a prediction, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Indeelaw seems to have already disputed what I said. I'm certainly not the first to suggest that a player that we have recruited will not be on the team come fall.
C) so if a player De-commits it's my fault? 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »
It would have been pretty sweet if when TC pulled out the DWade line( for probably the 100th time) Dawson would have answered....."Thanks coach....I love DWade....thats why I'm pretty sure I'm going to Marquette!"

;)

bma725

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »
A) we're discussing basketball player's grades. isn't that something that should be brought up on a basketball message board?

No.  Discussing grades is one thing if there's actual substantial evidence of issues out there.  Speculating about grades when there has been absolutely no indication in that direction, especially specifically mentioning a player and possible grade issues by name is wrong.  It makes you and the fan base as a whole look bad. 

Did you learn nothing from Vander Blue?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
No.  Discussing grades is one thing if there's actual substantial evidence of issues out there.  Speculating about grades when there has been absolutely no indication in that direction, especially specifically mentioning a player and possible grade issues by name is wrong.  It makes you and the fan base as a whole look bad. 

Did you learn nothing from Vander Blue?

I'm not a cap times reporter blasting the kid. There's a difference.
I dont want a player to become ineligible. but

bma725

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »
I'm not a cap times reporter blasting the kid. There's a difference.
I dont want a player to become ineligible. but

To a 17 year old kid that's being talked about there often isn't.  Vander didn't talk about just the reporter, he talked about the fan comments that blasted him and talked about his supposed academic problems, the same way you are doing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »
B) I made a prediction, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Indeelaw seems to have already disputed what I said. I'm certainly not the first to suggest that a player that we have recruited will not be on the team come fall.
C) so if a player De-commits it's my fault?  

I will answer A.  They are if you actually have evidence to suggest that the grades are poor or that he will not qualify.  The only evidence that you have seems to have been pulled out of your a**.  It's a cop out to say "well, it was only a prediction."  

nyg

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2010, 10:41:04 AM »
http://blog.northstarbball.com/

Some comments from Jamil Wilson on coaching change and transfer option.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »
Here's the article, found by nyg so no one has to search the northstarball site:

Oregon Freshman Jamil Wilson Awaiting Word on New Coach

Jamil Wilson was a highly-touted member of the class of 2009 from Horlick (WI) and was a big pickup for Oregon last year. A Jordan Brand Classic All-American last year, Wilson averaged 4.7, 3.2 rebounds, and 1 assist in 16.9 minutes per game during his freshman year.

When I interviewed him at the Jordan Classic, he cited the Oregon coaching staff and where the program was trying to go as a key part of his decision. "It's kind of a rebuilding process and I want to be part of it. . . . Hopefully we can make a run [and also] . . .the coaching [staff] was great too."

Well, in Wilson's first season at Oregon, the rebuilding process did not go as well as hoped, and Ernie Kent has been fired. Now Wilson is unsure of what his future holds at the Pac-10 school.

"I haven't really thought about it as leaving or staying. Of course people ask, but it's more [that I am] anxious to see who the new coach will be," said Wilson of whether he plans on staying at Oregon.

Although Wilson was not happy that Kent was fired, he understood why it happened. "It was tough, but it's a business, you know."

The versatile forward is not sure who he wants to see replace Kent as the leader of the flock in Eugene. "I haven't been following the candidates," said Wilson.

Asked if his decision to either stay at Oregon or leave for another school will be based off who is hired as the head coach, Wilson responded, "Probably so."

Should Wilson opt to leave the school, he will have to formulate a list of schools he is interested in, something he has yet to do. "No, I haven't really thought about that route yet."

Despite the Ducks' struggles and departure of Ernie Kent, Wilson has enjoyed his first year at Oregon, both on and off the court. "Not bad at all, real mellow, laid back. The town is very nice, people and everyone are pretty supportive of the sports, so it's good."

If Wilson does choose to stay in Eugene, he a lofty goal for the remainder of his tenure. "Just try and be one of the best to ever be here."

Modified to give nyg credit for finding the article.

I just noticed that his stats for his freshman year are very similar to those for JMay in his nine game MU career.  Min 16.9 to 16.3
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:36:23 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback