collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: C'mon, tell me this isn't true  (Read 3174 times)

MUEng92

• All American
C'mon, tell me this isn't true
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:39:47 AM »
Madison recruit Josh Gasser is taking a summer class called Introduction to Madison.  Please tell me this isn't a for-credit class.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/96734764.html

GGGG

• All American
Re: C'mon, tell me this isn't true
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
Madison recruit Josh Gasser is taking a summer class called Introduction to Madison.  Please tell me this isn't a for-credit class.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/96734764.html

It isn't.  It's an orientation course for those who start in the summer.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
Thanks.  I was hoping you could not get college credit for a campus tour.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:20:42 PM »
My friends at gonzaga get college credit for classes such as golf, bowling (in which they can drink), fencing, yoga, dancing, the list goes on. I wish we had classes like this.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 03:09:10 PM »
Really?  You want to pay for college credits at a private university to drink beer and bowl? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
My friends at gonzaga get college credit for classes such as golf, bowling (in which they can drink), fencing, yoga, dancing, the list goes on. I wish we had classes like this.

Actually, it is pretty common for schools to have a health & wellness (ie, Phy Ed) requirement.  Marquette is in the minority in that regard.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
I don't equate bowling and beer with "Health & Wellness" Probably can smoke at the bowling alley also-maybe for extra credit

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
Really?  You want to pay for college credits at a private university to drink beer and bowl? 

Umm... Yes
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:46 AM »

I don't get it. Is this a trick question or something?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 07:49:37 AM »

I know when he was at Gonzaga he took SCUBA and got credit for that.  He paid a LOT more for his SCUBA certification than I did.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 08:57:30 AM »
I don't equate bowling and beer with "Health & Wellness" Probably can smoke at the bowling alley also-maybe for extra credit

Study after study has shown that alcohol, in moderation, can be beneficial to one's health.  Also, in two weeks, smoking won't be allowed in Wisconsin bowling alleys.

So I would say bowling and beer would certainly fall under a Health and Wellness curriculum.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »
YEAH    I can see the fitness video now..... Walk to the rack 1,2,3 -pick up ball 4,5,6 -roll ball .Sit back down, pick up beer 7,8,9. Move over Tae Bo

feedback