Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We are getting very close to the Doomsday scenario!!!  (Read 5291 times)

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
Re: We are getting very close to the Doomsday scenario!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 11:12:20 PM »
I Dont know apparently I am called cookie boy because I am the only person on this board who likes Girl Scout Cookies maybe???

Girl Scout Cookies are great.  You're not going to get any disagreement there.

The real doomsday scenario?  7 MU vs. 10 K-State in Omaha (or anywhere, really).

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 06:48:39 AM »
On the topic of girl scout cookies.

I think some troops are getting an unfair advantage having their moms sell the cookies at offices or places of business.

The whole program is supposed to be about having the young girls socialize and learn a valuable skill, not for their mom to do all the work.

But thats just me!!

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »
That Bama game was the worse coaching job I have seen in a long time

I Dont care if the guy averages 2 points a game, if he is going off get someone on the guy.

Crean let that guy have the game of his life and he capitalized on it.

O yea might I add that Bama was playing without their 2nd best player in Hendrix that game

You really need to watch that game again....in fact, you need to watch a lot of basketball again.

While you're at it, exactly what championship is Thad Matta "fresh off of"?

I watch a lot of college hoops and if your telling me that Crean made any adjustment to stop Felix your are crazy.

It was a typo when i mentioned Matta's national championship he got 2nd, but still better than crean did, and he still gets better recruits than crean could ever get!!!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 07:23:36 AM »
I'll ask again...are we not 7 of 9 down the stretch or does today's game count for 10 games and the other 9 games don't matter?
First off, we are not 7 of 9, we are 6 of 8 and 6 of 10.  And in that stretch of 10 games we've played 5 teams who are going to the  NCAA tournament and lost to 4 of them, two of them at home.  The wins have come against Seton Hall, Pitt, St. John's, Rutgers, Villanova and Florida Gulf Coast.  I'll give you that Pitt and Nova are nice wins, but the other four wins are against pretty terrible teams.

I know the negative people get you frustrated, but to those of us in the middle your constant Pollyanna attitude can be equally annoying.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »
I don't think I can handle another One and Done.

Neither can I.

And I'm getting tired of hearing about the 2002-03 magical year. It seems that Crean's tenure at MU - if he doesn't get past the second and third rounds soon - will only revolve around that year and sadly nothing beyond it.

It doesn't help recruiting and in turn, that won't help you get past the first round.

Is it irony that the guy who is sick of hearing about '03 has the screen name "77ncaachamps"?

Good point. Didn't think of it that way.

But it sounds a lot better than 02FinalFour!

Isn't it also ironic that someone who has a handle "ILikeTomCreanSoICan'tPostHere" did just that - at least 27 times? ;)

yes, but "shouldn't" made the name too long to be accepted by the page, so I had to go with "can't":(

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 03:44:23 PM »
I'll ask again...are we not 7 of 9 down the stretch or does today's game count for 10 games and the other 9 games don't matter?
First off, we are not 7 of 9, we are 6 of 8 and 6 of 10.  And in that stretch of 10 games we've played 5 teams who are going to the  NCAA tournament and lost to 4 of them, two of them at home.  The wins have come against Seton Hall, Pitt, St. John's, Rutgers, Villanova and Florida Gulf Coast.  I'll give you that Pitt and Nova are nice wins, but the other four wins are against pretty terrible teams.

I know the negative people get you frustrated, but to those of us in the middle your constant Pollyanna attitude can be equally annoying.

My apologies...6 of 8.   That's correct, we did lose to 4 of those 5 teams....2 of which could be heading to the Final Four (Lavin picked G'Town, Lousville, UCLA and UNC this morning).

My point is that we aren't going to be playing a G'Town or Louisville in the first round of the NCAA tournament.  Hell, we likely won't be playing someone as good as Syracuse either.  Call it Pollyanna all you want, I don't particularly care.  At some point you have to factor in WHO we are losing to and WHERE we are losing and then correlate that to WHO we would likely play in the NCAAS and WHERE we would play them.

I don't see any first round matchup for us that equals a G'Town, Syracuse on the road, Lousville or Notre Dame on the road.  More than likely it will be against a team that is "like" a Pittsburgh, "like" a Villanova, "like" a Kent State, "like" a Gonzaga, etc and we have more than passed those tests all year long....plus it will be on a "neutral" court.  If that's pollyanish, then so be it.

If we play a team like G'Town, Cuse, Louisville we're going to lose....never said anything different.  I just find it funny when we've won 6 of 8 and it should be 7 of 8, people focus on the 1 loss.  Some people love to live that way...that's fine.  It will be a shorter life, but have at it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:47:14 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

feedback