'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What a Win  (Read 8203 times)

panda

• All American
Re: What a Win
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2023, 02:11:11 PM »
Personally, I think a lot of their frustration is valid. They have an elite program and gave the keys to a complete nobody for no reason.

Agree - the job warrants a high level search. Continuity is overrated if the coach is under qualified to maintain the high level of excellence established.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2023, 02:14:20 PM »
Agree - the job warrants a high level search. Continuity is overrated if the coach is under qualified to maintain the high level of excellence established.

This is the cycle of replacing almost every legend though.  It’s too hard to do a complete new search when the outgoing coach has a strong perspective on who should be next up. 

The alternative is pissing off the most popular ex-employee and for many reasons it’s best to keep them happy.

panda

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2023, 02:15:54 PM »
This is the cycle of replacing almost every legend though.  It’s too hard to do a complete new search when the outgoing coach has a strong perspective on who should be next up. 

The alternative is pissing off the most popular ex-employee and for many reasons it’s best to keep them happy.

Good points

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2023, 02:19:41 PM »
Think its too early to judge Neptune.

Sure, hes not Wright and he wont ever be. But he needs time to be able to establish himself.

This Nova roster is very meh by their standards as is. Especially prior to Whitmore being available(and hes still a freshman) and without Moore.

I think they will get hot in january and make a push. If Moore can be even somewhat effective off the injury its a near certainty imo that they will get on a roll.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2023, 03:34:21 PM »
Every once in awhile - Few, Izzo leap to mind - it works out. Usually it seems not to.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2023, 03:46:21 PM »
Buzz
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2023, 03:49:04 PM »
 Gard   (ducks).   :'(

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2023, 03:55:55 PM »
I was only alluding to the "next paycheck" reference, the rest is fair game, but IMO that reference is a swipe at his character and especially without any evidence kind of unfair.
Wiscw, you’re right - the point should have been phrased less indelicately. I was referring to the unwillingness of the individual to listen, to learn, to develop.
During all this time he was very handsomely paid, and he was perfectly willing to accept said compensation all while he was not fulfilling his responsibilities such as developing his players, nor in fact the program he led.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2023, 04:01:05 PM »
Wiscw, you’re right - the point should have been phrased less indelicately. I was referring to the unwillingness of the individual to listen, to learn, to develop.
During all this time he was very handsomely paid, and he was perfectly willing to accept said compensation all while he was not fulfilling his responsibilities such as developing his players, nor in fact the program he led.

If I were a AD and felt I needed to ‘coach’ my million dollar coach, I would move on. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2023, 04:22:02 PM »
Gard   (ducks).   :'(

No need to duck. Gard certainly has worked out.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson