* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:34:01 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette is in a downward spiral.....  (Read 27596 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Marquette is in a downward spiral.....
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2016, 05:03:18 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »
I have never seen this before and will be stealing it.  Well done, very well done.

It's part of his act (was). 

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »
You managed to bring all of Scoop together in agreement of how stupid your post was.

Maybe that was the hidden agenda behind the whole rant, to make us more united as fans and see that things are actually looking up....

But really, I think it's just a stupid post from a clueless person

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »
Wow ...One Post ....76 nasty replies
This is less a thread, and more a lynching..lol...but...then again...
I have some rope and that tree over there should do just fine. lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »
Is this another Drunk Myron Metcalfe post?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »
It's part of his act (was).

I was at Carlin's Summerfest show when he got arrested for the "seven words".  We saw the sheriffs coming on stage and thought it was part of the show.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »
Ok I've read the board talking points and I've seen the light.....
*We were a young team and next year we'll be significantly better even with with no Henry and no impact new players.
*Wojo is still learning how to be a head coach and there probably is no good reason why he was bypassed for so many other head coaching jobs while being an assistant at the most publicized program in college basketball for almost 20 years.
*It was smart of our president to give the highest profile, most expensive job in the university an extension even before conference season of his second year. After all ND showed the world the merits of such a "smart" move when they gave Charlie Weis a 10 year deal after his first year.
*Building a humongous, expensive sports facility to study endurance will lead to an incredible ROI for the university and society in general. After all academics and politicians are the masters of allocating capital as when things don't work out they can always ask their alumni for more donations or just raise taxes on their patrons who aren't paying their "fair share". 

The future is bright indeed!  Next year we might actually win 1 of 3 against mid major Xavier! 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:14:16 PM by duanewade »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2016, 09:36:42 PM »
I was at Carlin's Summerfest show when he got arrested for the "seven words".  We saw the sheriffs coming on stage and thought it was part of the show.

Saw him in Napa as part of a HBO special.  He died in the same hospital my dad did.   

Brian0230

• Walk-On
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2016, 09:42:45 PM »
Hard to read, but I think his real anger is that he can't break into real estate because the Marquette alumni never call him back and he had to take philosophy instead of some real estate course...which evidently would have provided some great opportunity. Hate to break it to you, but you don't need a college degree to say "that looks like a nice house." perhaps if you paid attention in philosophy you could at least make a coherent argument with your misdirected anger.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2016, 09:47:05 PM »
Turned on the Badger vs Nebraska game.  What a different level of play.  It's like watching slow motion.  Marquette can easily dominate ante either team.  Hayes cannot jump.  He stands around flat footed.  Very poor basketball.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »
*We were a young team and next year we'll be significantly better even with with no Henry and no impact new players.
*Wojo is still learning how to be a head coach and there probably is no good reason why he was bypassed for so many other head coaching jobs while being an assistant at the most publicized program in college basketball for almost 20 years.
*It was smart of our president to give the highest profile, most expensive job in the university an extension even before conference season of his second year. After all ND showed the world the merits of such a "smart" move when they gave Charlie Weis a 10 year deal after his first year.
*Building a humongous, expensive sports facility to study endurance will lead to an incredible ROI for the university and society in general. After all academics and politicians are the masters of allocating capital as when things don't work out they can always ask their alumni for more donations or just raise taxes on their patrons who aren't paying their "fair share". 

The future is bright indeed!  Next year we might actually win 1 of 3 against mid major Xavier!

I have not seen many teams that can shoot the ball like Xavier, mid major or not.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2016, 10:29:02 PM »

Hmmm

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2016, 10:44:05 PM »

James is that you?
Fear makes you dumb.

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2016, 02:38:45 AM »
If this team doesn't learn how to play defense, we will be on a downward spiral.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2016, 03:58:22 AM »
Two from me. But only because I forgot what it was about last time.

Evidently the Scoop bills must be piling up because now topper's got his buddies doing clickbaiting.

LOL

Well it seems to be working.  This thread is already at 3,800 views.  At this rate Tom Pippens will be running a story about duanerage becoming head coach at Marquette.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2016, 04:05:15 AM »

"Topper, where are you?!?!  Get over here and take my wing!"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2016, 05:20:01 AM »

Still haven't pooped yet?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »

This is unequivocally not true.  Some of the happiest people I know are pretty dim. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2016, 02:43:32 PM »
Out of state tuition at UW is $30K. Marquette is 38K. Not much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. Marquette has a lot to offer, may not be for you.
OMG!  MU charges $38K per year now?  It was $12K when I was there which is the equivalent of $21K in today's dollars.

No wonder Millenials love Bernie Sanders so much as I would too if I could get free college and not be saddled with debt in my 20's and beyond.  A super expensive MU degree can get the same entry level 100% commission smiling and dialing job with no benefits that the real world is providing to Triton Junior College grads as well.

Thank God the government guaranteed student loans so capital providers no longer underwrote debt based on credit scores, % of debt, drop out actuarial rates, etc. Instead once the government said we would guarantee this debt then everyone was eligible for loans.  With everyone elgible for loans demand was high and with high demand the universities jacked up their costs. With more revenue they started building palaces to themselves with new buildings with amazing architecture for such luxuries as a new Theater School.

It all sounds very similar to the housing bubble when Fannie Mae was a buyer of subprime debt that Wall Street would package together in tranches and get their buddies at the rating houses to bless it as AAA.

I smell a huge bubble brewing that is going to pop and end ugly like all popping bubbles do. Our government has more contingent liabilities than it can support and there are going to be a lot of people asking for their debt to be partially forgiven and it will be no longer be so easy to get a highly leveraged education. Once all this happens prices will drop to where they should be.

Too bad common sense is in such short supply in the world today.

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2016, 03:54:40 PM »
OMG!  MU charges $38K per year now?  It was $12K when I was there which is the equivalent of $21K in today's dollars.

No wonder Millenials love Bernie Sanders so much as I would too if I could get free college and not be saddled with debt in my 20's and beyond.  A super expensive MU degree can get the same entry level 100% commission smiling and dialing job with no benefits that the real world is providing to Triton Junior College grads as well.

Thank God the government guaranteed student loans so capital providers no longer underwrote debt based on credit scores, % of debt, drop out actuarial rates, etc. Instead once the government said we would guarantee this debt then everyone was eligible for loans.  With everyone elgible for loans demand was high and with high demand the universities jacked up their costs. With more revenue they started building palaces to themselves with new buildings with amazing architecture for such luxuries as a new Theater School.

It all sounds very similar to the housing bubble when Fannie Mae was a buyer of subprime debt that Wall Street would package together in tranches and get their buddies at the rating houses to bless it as AAA.

I smell a huge bubble brewing that is going to pop and end ugly like all popping bubbles do. Our government has more contingent liabilities than it can support and there are going to be a lot of people asking for their debt to be partially forgiven and it will be no longer be so easy to get a highly leveraged education. Once all this happens prices will drop to where they should be.

Too bad common sense is in such short supply in the world today.

Dude just poop already, and take the politics to the politics board
Fear makes you dumb.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »
Dude just poop already, and take the politics to the politics board

I LOLed.

Scary enough, I agree with the general gist of duanewade's concerns about a higher education "bubble." I do think we will see some radical changes in the next 15 years. The rest of his rants though....pure gibberish
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »
bump
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2017, 10:21:38 PM »

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2017, 10:21:50 PM »
Love It.

feedback