[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucks still suck? Fear the deer now?  (Read 2130 times)

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Bucks still suck? Fear the deer now?
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
JJ Redick now a Buck, does it help?  Should I even care?  Want to like the Bucks more, not too excited about team lately.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Bucks still suck? Fear the deer now?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:34 PM »
Still just good enough to always completely suck.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »
Still just good enough to always completely suck.

wrong.  Just bad enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a lotto pick.

worse.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
Probably hopin' now Ellis walks and they can resign Reddick and Jennings. Then, make a splash in free agency.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »
BJ and Monte want out, i hope they do leave, they're S*** players.

Monte is in the top 10 for shots attempted in the league yet out of those 10 he is making about 1-2% less than BJ who is also in the top 10 and is almost 3-4% less than the next person. For being a 39% shooter he should not be taking 15+ shots a game. He's shooting 24% from behind 3 this year, which is god awful.  He is turnover prone which leads to a ton of possessions without anything.  He and BJ are too much alike, and both have gone on record saying they want out.  

I say let them leave, don't let the door hit them in the a$$.

Luckily we have JJ who is a decent shooter, hopefully they can build around him.

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
In June 2011, Joe Alexander was listed as one of the NBA's "Biggest Draft Busts" by the New York Daily News, due to his struggles to transition from college to the NBA.

And when we do get a high draft pick... Hot garbage

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »
In June 2011, Joe Alexander was listed as one of the NBA's "Biggest Draft Busts" by the New York Daily News, due to his struggles to transition from college to the NBA.

And when we do get a high draft pick... Hot garbage

Yi Jianlian, taken sixth or seventh overall in 2007, you mentioned Alexander,
Kent Benson, Robert "tractor" Traylor, in exchange for some German dude, T.J. Ford (No. 8 in 2003), Andrew Bogut (No. 1 in 2005).  And Jimmer Fredette (No. 10 in 2011) that was part of a six-player trade on draft night that, well, that was sucktacular.
Ludum habemus.

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »
Nice list, thanks. German dude would have been looking pretty good right now.  I remember it being pretty well known Yi (or his agent) didn't want to have anything to do with Milwaukee and Milw took him anyway,  ?-( the year we have a number 1 Bogut is the best option, where is the LJ, KD when we get a #1? Bucks should bring back an MU or Milwaukee player (Carl Landry) that might be good for a few more butts in the seats, but I would still like to see a 4/5 seed team on a regular basis.  I can only hope Mark Anttanasio will buy the Bucks at some point.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:24:52 PM by warriorstrack »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »
BJ and Monte want out, i hope they do leave, they're S*** players.

Monte is in the top 10 for shots attempted in the league yet out of those 10 he is making about 1-2% less than BJ who is also in the top 10 and is almost 3-4% less than the next person. For being a 39% shooter he should not be taking 15+ shots a game. He's shooting 24% from behind 3 this year, which is god awful.  He is turnover prone which leads to a ton of possessions without anything.  He and BJ are too much alike, and both have gone on record saying they want out.  

I say let them leave, don't let the door hit them in the a$$.

Luckily we have JJ who is a decent shooter, hopefully they can build around him.

No.  JJ wants $10 mil a year.  Way too much.  And for what.  He isn't a player you 'build around'

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »
 rooting to build around JJ Redick - SO ITS COME TO THIS

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
The myth of Dirk going to the Bucks is worse than people claiming Jordan was cut from his HS team. Absolutely irrelevant "facts" if you knew the history of the situations. The pick was already traded before Dirk was chosen and just couldn't be announced until afterwards. Why do people single out the Bucks when 10 other teams could've drafted him. Just because a pick they had already traded turned into Dirk does not mean he was going to be a Buck.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
The myth of Dirk going to the Bucks is worse than people claiming Jordan was cut from his HS team. Absolutely irrelevant "facts" if you knew the history of the situations. The pick was already traded before Dirk was chosen and just couldn't be announced until afterwards. Why do people single out the Bucks when 10 other teams could've drafted him. Just because a pick they had already traded turned into Dirk does not mean he was going to be a Buck.

You are correct, except the point being made was that the Bucks have been snake bitten in the draft, despite some awfully high picks.

Robert Traylor, R.I.P.

The Bucks wanted Traylor but didn't know if he'd be there at No. 9. So they offered the ninth pick and 19th pick to the Mavericks in the event Traylor was available at No. 6 when Dallas picked. He was, and the trade was made.

In that deal the Mavericks also got Pat Garrity, who was selected 19th for them by Milwaukee.

Garrity's rights and a first-round pick (which became Shawn Marion) then were sent to Phoenix as part of a deal for Steve Nash.

Ludum habemus.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
The bucks are still reeling from joe Alexander and Yi.
Ill make the argument that Jennings is a liability, not an asset. Terrible decision making and a volume shooter that barely hits 30% of his shots
Bucks def need new ownership. Hope it creates a better arena situation downtown. Something that'll put more butts in the seats until they improve with management and on the court product

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 09:57:13 AM »
The bucks are still reeling from joe Alexander and Yi.
Ill make the argument that Jennings is a liability, not an asset. Terrible decision making and a volume shooter that barely hits 30% of his shots
Bucks def need new ownership. Hope it creates a better arena situation downtown. Something that'll put more butts in the seats until they improve with management and on the court product

The Bucks did whiff on Alexander and Yi, but if you look at those draft classes, there wasn't a lot out there after the first few picks which is all the more reason to blow it up, suck for a couple years and hope you can land a pick high enough to draft a franchise-changing player like a Rose, Durant, Irving, etc.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »
The Bucks did whiff on Alexander and Yi, but if you look at those draft classes, there wasn't a lot out there after the first few picks which is all the more reason to blow it up, suck for a couple years and hope you can land a pick high enough to draft a franchise-changing player like a Rose, Durant, Irving, etc.
They didnt just whiff with Alexander they completely crap the bed. Those draft classes weren't tremendous, but give me a guy that could still be on the team -unnatural carnal knowledge give me a player still in the league- and I won't be forced to think the bucks management is make up of complete buffoons.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »
What really hurts me with the Yi draft is that we we soooooo close to getting a top 3 pick that year. I think we had a 40% at a top 2 pick, and like another 15% at the 3 spot. That's as close as the Bucks will ever get to drafting a player of Durant's ability.