'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hell  (Read 7958 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Seton Hell
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2024, 12:02:51 PM »
wiscwarrior

Al’s  teams often had close games against mid level teams as well. As I noted, they won those games but it was seldom a masterpiece you talked about for days. It was more like the 9-0 run MU had  today, quick burst and game over. Another big difference, MU has trailed in a lot of games the past two years, back in the day there was not much digging out of holes.

In '71 IRRC we were down more than 20 points against Detroit at their place and came back to win to get our undefeated season. I find it quite absurd to have any meaningful comparisons to Al's teams to Shaka's teams. The game is different, no shot clock and no 3pt shot, a team could essentially hold the ball forever on offense (4 corners offense); plus the P5 conferences only had 8-10 teams; most schools were independent and seldom played any team twice in the same season.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2024, 12:08:58 PM »
warrior69

There is zero comparison between the two era’s. Was simply saying that good teams do not always play great basketball. I used the Al era because this is a MU basketball forum. Yes, you are correct MU did have a nice number of comebacks, but led far more than they trailed, especially to lesser teams.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2024, 01:01:33 PM »
Not sure if this is meant to be a serious question but there was no seeding in 1977.

I wondered about that, but point still remains. I don't think they would have been a high seed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2024, 02:37:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=PRgI2tIsJ_CShyFr&v=weS9N2uDMdM&feature=youtu.be

Shaka calling out commitment to win in practice, not playing in the moment, not playing good defense.     

Chase's arm popped out, popped back in.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2024, 02:43:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=PRgI2tIsJ_CShyFr&v=weS9N2uDMdM&feature=youtu.be

Shaka calling out commitment to win in practice, not playing in the moment, not playing good defense.     

Chase's arm popped out, popped back in.

Practice?  Huh.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2024, 02:48:20 PM »
Not everyone practices with the same commitment to winning as Oso.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2024, 02:51:45 PM »
Not everyone practices with the same commitment to winning as Oso.

I was told here once by someone practice doesn’t matter
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2024, 02:59:31 PM »
I get that a scooper would say that.   Coaches consistently think it does.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2024, 03:07:12 PM »
I get that a scooper would say that.   Coaches consistently think it does.

Coaches think they know more than we scoopers do.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2024, 06:42:39 AM »
Goal is National Championship

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2024, 08:57:57 AM »
I was told here once by someone practice doesn’t matter

Iverson is on scoop?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2024, 12:59:11 PM »
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2024, 11:48:54 PM »
This team is no where near at national contender, let alone a top 10 team. I fully expect to be out of the top 15 on Monday.

So close.  Only off by 5 spots and 311 votes
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2024, 12:01:52 AM »
Honestly,  this one didn't bother me as much as Providence or Bucky. Halls a worse team for sure but I think we played much better than those two losses. Hall made some shots they normally dont. Kolek won't be this bad again this season.  Kam is too good a shooter to stay in this slump.  Any one of those three things change and we win this one easily.

Biggest concern besides chases shoulder is that our normally elite defense failed for only the second time this season. Shaka was pissed postgame. Im confident that will be properly addressed.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2024, 06:56:10 AM »
Honestly,  this one didn't bother me as much as Providence or Bucky. Halls a worse team for sure but I think we played much better than those two losses. Hall made some shots they normally dont. Kolek won't be this bad again this season.  Kam is too good a shooter to stay in this slump.  Any one of those three things change and we win this one easily.

Biggest concern besides chases shoulder is that our normally elite defense failed for only the second time this season. Shaka was pissed postgame. Im confident that will be properly addressed.

You saying they simply have to play better?  You sound like a coach.  I like it.  And I think you are right.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2024, 08:37:36 AM »

No stat guy here, but this seem to happen quite a bit and is magnified when we lose.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2024, 07:07:01 PM »
No stat guy here, but this seem to happen quite a bit and is magnified when we lose.

It happens to every team ... and when it happens, fans think it only happens to their team.

You don't think Creighton fans were bemoaning that Sean and Stevie combined to hit five 3s against them? You don't think UCLA fans were lamenting Sean hitting the winning 3? "I could see if it was Kam Jones, but not the little Jones - he's shooting like 1%!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson