collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384484 times)

Warriors4ever

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3525 on: August 18, 2021, 07:20:13 PM »
https://www.audacy.com/wbbm780/news/local/chicago-cardinal-to-priests-dont-endorse-vaccine-exemption

Cardinal Cupich advises Chicago  archdiocesan priests not to hand out religious exemption letters.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3526 on: August 18, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »
I have said since prior to the availability of the vaccines that I thought it would be an annual thing like flu shots.   I assume we will be getting a twofer.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3527 on: August 18, 2021, 09:28:14 PM »
Shocked, I’m shocked!

As it turns out, DeSantis' No. 1 political donor has invested nearly $16 million in shares of Regeneron Pharmaceutical, the maker of the monoclonal antibody treatment.

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-top-donor-has-invested-millions-in-antibody-treatment-he-s-been-promoting/

You’ll be more shocked when you find out how much he donated to Biden as well who is also pushing Regeneron.

When you’re the runaway favorite for the Republican nomination you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:45:50 PM by PaceArrow02 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3528 on: August 18, 2021, 09:46:47 PM »
You’ll be more shocked when you find out how much he donated to Biden as well who is also pushing Regeneron.

Please share the information. Enquiring minds want to know.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3529 on: August 18, 2021, 09:55:26 PM »
Please share the information. Enquiring minds want to know.

Come on Olberman, all those years in the media and you don’t have a source for this?

End of the day it doesn’t matter if $0 or $1 billion dollars was donated to a political leader.  Regeneron has been getting pushed from all angles and will save lives. Death Santis is following the science on this one folks.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3530 on: August 18, 2021, 10:07:43 PM »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3531 on: August 18, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »
Sorry wrong thread.  Here’s the article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2021/04/20/bill-gates-ken-griffin-among-billionaire-donors-to-president-bidens-inaugural-committee/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Regarding previous thread though.  Was shocked to see Florida is top 20 in vaccination rate per Capita, would have figured they were bottom 3 or 4 with DEATH Santis leading the charge.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3532 on: August 18, 2021, 10:17:32 PM »
Fine.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KirbyWTweets/status/1427739234597851141

Wow, he donated 0 to Biden. And over $10m to DeSantis. Thanks for pointing out that huge disparity.
Meanwhile Desantis again today downplayed the $20 vaccines and touted the $1000 treatment that can only be dispensed to a few hundred people a day, while Florida had over 20,000 new cases. He’s both fiscally irresponsible and bad at math.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3533 on: August 18, 2021, 10:25:04 PM »
Wow, he donated 0 to Biden. And over $10m to DeSantis. Thanks for pointing out that huge disparity.
Meanwhile Desantis again today downplayed the $20 vaccines and touted the $1000 treatment that can only be dispensed to a few hundred people a day, while Florida had over 20,000 new cases. He’s both fiscally irresponsible and bad at math.

Posted the wrong thread lo siento.  And it wasn’t $20 million directly to DeSantis, quit telling half truths.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3534 on: August 18, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »

And what about the fact that the federal government bought every single available dose a long time ago.  So it doesn’t make a lick of difference if Florida uses it or not.  You financial wizard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3535 on: August 18, 2021, 10:28:55 PM »
Come on Olberman, all those years in the media and you don’t have a source for this?

End of the day it doesn’t matter if $0 or $1 billion dollars was donated to a political leader.  Regeneron has been getting pushed from all angles and will save lives. Death Santis is following the science on this one folks.

Come on, Tucker. He gave $0.00 to Biden. But nice try!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3536 on: August 18, 2021, 10:31:32 PM »
Come on, Tucker. He gave $0.00 to Biden. But nice try!

Not only do you lack originality but you also can’t read.  Maybe lack of fresh air, have you been outside lately?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3537 on: August 19, 2021, 08:22:28 AM »
Well whatever source was used that is making a man who got Covid naturally and is also double vaccinated wear a mask 24-7 aside from eating and sleeping should be lit on fire.

What you're failing to acknowledge here is the segment of the population that is neither vaccinated nor wearing a mask cannot be trusted to do the right thing, and they're proving it quickly.  So in lieu of trying to police who is vaccinated and who isn't, we are going back to mask mandates because of the callous actions of adults who are filling hospital beds at an alarming rate.

Is it right for the vaccinated/mask wearing people to bear the burden of full hospitals due to the unvaccinated fools?  Of course not.  And since we won't police vaccination status, we have to police mask mandates.

That's the thing.  We can say stuff like, 'the unvaccinated made their decision and they understand the consequences'... but in the end we all pay for their choice.  With full hospitals, delayed medical procedures, etc.  So now, the responsible public will go along with the mandates in the hope that this minor sacrifice will save lives and blunt the spread again... just so we can repeat this process for the next several months.

Also, I keep hearing that you want this administration to 'do more with messaging' or something to that effect.  How?  Explain to me how you expect the Federal Government to convince the unvaccinated dipsh!ts of this country to stop being stubborn, ignorant, selfish little brats.  Present your ideas.  Please.  I'd love to hear them.  But you and I both know that for a lot of Americans there is absolutely no way to convince them to get vaccinated at this point in time.  They've dug in their heels and joined the culture war on the side of stupidity.

And the rest of us have to suffer for it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3538 on: August 19, 2021, 08:57:15 AM »
Also, I keep hearing that you want this administration to 'do more with messaging' or something to that effect.  How?  Explain to me how you expect the Federal Government to convince the unvaccinated dipsh!ts of this country to stop being stubborn, ignorant, selfish little brats.  Present your ideas.  Please.  I'd love to hear them.  But you and I both know that for a lot of Americans there is absolutely no way to convince them to get vaccinated at this point in time.  They've dug in their heels and joined the culture war on the side of stupidity.

Especially when vaccine resistance is so often wedded to anti-government and anti-science sentiment, or a political ideology that's hostile to the current administration and health officials.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3539 on: August 19, 2021, 09:11:02 AM »
Especially when vaccine resistance is so often wedded to anti-government and anti-science sentiment, or a political ideology that's hostile to the current administration and health officials.

I find it amazing that the kids I knew from high school who sat in science class and looked over my shoulder for answers to the tests are somehow the epidemiology experts now that they've been tacking drywall for 20 years.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3540 on: August 19, 2021, 12:06:29 PM »

But they have their freedom! Just like this guy:

West Palm Beach police officer dies of complications from COVID-19;
Officer Robert Williams died Monday after experiencing complications from the virus, the police department said in a statement posted to its social media pages. He was 47. Williams is survived by his wife and sons.
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/coronavirus/2021/08/17/west-palm-beach-police-officer-dies-complications-covid-19/8163650002/

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3541 on: August 19, 2021, 01:18:11 PM »
But they have their freedom! Just like this guy:

West Palm Beach police officer dies of complications from COVID-19;
Officer Robert Williams died Monday after experiencing complications from the virus, the police department said in a statement posted to its social media pages. He was 47. Williams is survived by his wife and sons.
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/coronavirus/2021/08/17/west-palm-beach-police-officer-dies-complications-covid-19/8163650002/

Very sad, and probably very avoidable.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3542 on: August 19, 2021, 02:26:30 PM »
All it takes is a few unvaxxed employee deaths for employers to realize it's bad for business to have unvaccinated employees...

https://www.adn.com/business-economy/2021/08/18/three-alaska-airlines-employees-die-of-covid-in-a-month-as-leadership-moves-toward-vaccination-mandate/

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3543 on: August 19, 2021, 09:11:04 PM »
Connecticut governor made vaccines mandatory for state workers and just added mandatory for all teachers this afternoon.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3544 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:15 PM »
What you're failing to acknowledge here is the segment of the population that is neither vaccinated nor wearing a mask cannot be trusted to do the right thing, and they're proving it quickly.  So in lieu of trying to police who is vaccinated and who isn't, we are going back to mask mandates because of the callous actions of adults who are filling hospital beds at an alarming rate.

Is it right for the vaccinated/mask wearing people to bear the burden of full hospitals due to the unvaccinated fools?  Of course not.  And since we won't police vaccination status, we have to police mask mandates.

That's the thing.  We can say stuff like, 'the unvaccinated made their decision and they understand the consequences'... but in the end we all pay for their choice.  With full hospitals, delayed medical procedures, etc.  So now, the responsible public will go along with the mandates in the hope that this minor sacrifice will save lives and blunt the spread again... just so we can repeat this process for the next several months.

1) I would take the exact opposite approach/tone then what he has been taking and you decided to take with this post.  Instead of picking fights and calling names I would try to combat hesitancy with a little understanding and grace as to where/why the hesitation is coming from.  God forbid point out the good things Republican elected leaders are doing once or twice and be the unifier he promised to be during the campaign.  You catch more bees with honey.

2) Thank you for finally acknowledging/understanding that there is very little the federal gov’t can do.  It’s been what I’ve been saying from day 1.  This is ultimately a state/local issue and even more so an individual responsibility to make your own decision to get the poke or not.  To wear a mask or not.  To social distance or not.  There is not much and nor should there be for elected officials to do.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3545 on: August 20, 2021, 06:27:31 AM »
1) I would take the exact opposite approach/tone then what he has been taking and you decided to take with this post.  Instead of picking fights and calling names I would try to combat hesitancy with a little understanding and grace as to where/why the hesitation is coming from.  God forbid point out the good things Republican elected leaders are doing once or twice and be the unifier he promised to be during the campaign.  You catch more bees with honey.

2) Thank you for finally acknowledging/understanding that there is very little the federal gov’t can do.  It’s been what I’ve been saying from day 1.  This is ultimately a state/local issue and even more so an individual responsibility to make your own decision to get the poke or not.  To wear a mask or not.  To social distance or not.  There is not much and nor should there be for elected officials to do.

1.  You'd fail.  We've coddled these morons for well over a year and a half.  They're petulant children who thrive on this exact type of behavior.  You saw it play out in front of the Library of Congress yesterday.  They do their own 'research' and shout down anyone who doesn't arrive at the same conclusion.  They have ZERO interest in your compassion, understanding, or grace.  Stop putting so much faith in the hands of your fellow man to make the right decision.  They've proven repeatedly that they cannot.

2.  That isn't what I said at all.  There was and is a lot that the Federal Government should have and can still do.  My point is that you can't fix these stupid people.  And we shouldn't keep trying.  The hogs were fed their slop in 2020 from social media, the President and his ilk, and they ate it up.  They can't stand being the objective LOSERS they are so they want everyone else to play in the mud with them.  Frankly, I'm sick of doing that. 

This virus isn't a 'personal decision' thing.  Frankly, if you don't want to wear your seat belt in your car, that is your decision, and it doesn't affect me (really, it does, but that is another discussion entirely).  But when you jump behind the wheel of a car while drunk, you're not just putting yourself at risk; you are putting everyone else on the road at risk with your decision.  You're advocating for seat belt choice to protect people while millions of drunk drivers are zipping around your neighborhood.  You understand the folly in this, don't you?

We've tried all of the god damn carrots in the field, and it is well beyond time these dopes get the stick.  Mask Mandates are back?  YUP.  You're job is going to require a vaccination?  YUP.  Can't go to restaurants and bars and events without vaccines?  YUP.  Too bad.  So sad.  We went their way for the last six months and here we are back at the start of another wave just in time for school to kick off.  Oh, and this time the variant is making kids more sick at a much higher rate. 

Mandate the vaccine for everyone, it's the only chance we have out of this situation.  We did it for small pox so there is certainly precedent.  Again, to hammer home my point: 

Stop putting so much faith in the hands of your fellow man to make the right decision.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3546 on: August 20, 2021, 06:40:20 AM »
1.  You'd fail.  We've coddled these morons for well over a year and a half.  They're petulant children who thrive on this exact type of behavior.  You saw it play out in front of the Library of Congress yesterday.  They do their own 'research' and shout down anyone who doesn't arrive at the same conclusion.  They have ZERO interest in your compassion, understanding, or grace.  Stop putting so much faith in the hands of your fellow man to make the right decision.  They've proven repeatedly that they cannot.

2.  That isn't what I said at all.  There was and is a lot that the Federal Government should have and can still do.  My point is that you can't fix these stupid people.  And we shouldn't keep trying.  The hogs were fed their slop in 2020 from social media, the President and his ilk, and they ate it up.  They can't stand being the objective LOSERS they are so they want everyone else to play in the mud with them.  Frankly, I'm sick of doing that. 

This virus isn't a 'personal decision' thing.  Frankly, if you don't want to wear your seat belt in your car, that is your decision, and it doesn't affect me (really, it does, but that is another discussion entirely).  But when you jump behind the wheel of a car while drunk, you're not just putting yourself at risk; you are putting everyone else on the road at risk with your decision.  You're advocating for seat belt choice to protect people while millions of drunk drivers are zipping around your neighborhood.  You understand the folly in this, don't you?

We've tried all of the god damn carrots in the field, and it is well beyond time these dopes get the stick.  Mask Mandates are back?  YUP.  You're job is going to require a vaccination?  YUP.  Can't go to restaurants and bars and events without vaccines?  YUP.  Too bad.  So sad.  We went their way for the last six months and here we are back at the start of another wave just in time for school to kick off.  Oh, and this time the variant is making kids more sick at a much higher rate. 

Mandate the vaccine for everyone, it's the only chance we have out of this situation.  We did it for small pox so there is certainly precedent.  Again, to hammer home my point: 

Stop putting so much faith in the hands of your fellow man to make the right decision.

8-)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3547 on: August 20, 2021, 07:37:46 AM »
Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich had been a staunch anti-vaxxer. But after Gov. Jay Inslee announced that all employees working in educational roles must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, Rolovich relented.

“I plan on following (Inslee’s) mandate,” Rolovich told reporters after practice Thursday in Pullman. “For sure.”

Good. Mandates work. As Hards said, a carrot only goes so far. Time for the stick.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3548 on: August 20, 2021, 08:49:04 AM »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3549 on: August 20, 2021, 06:47:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428841380126855172?s=21

MSDH: "At least 70% of the recent calls (to poison control) have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers."