collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384496 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3325 on: August 05, 2021, 04:43:41 PM »
Here is what I said about DeSantis:

He is actively, aggressively working to prevent vaccinations from taking place in Florida, despite sometimes saying otherwise.

Again, it's right in sections 2, 3 and 4 of his executive order. When you threaten private businesses with extreme penalties if they require proof of vaccinations, you are actively and aggressively working to prevent vaccinations from taking place in your state.

I'm pretty surprised you don't agree with that, Hards. DeSantis is definitely not helping the vaccine distribution process in Florida. Indeed, he is undermining it. Which helps explain why Florida has become Delta Central.

No, give the order a read.  You're misinterpreting it.

Also, I quoted what you originally said.  I'll do it again for you:

He is not allowing private businesses to mandate vaccinations.

He has no authority derived from his EO to do this.  Section 2 pertains to 'vaccine passports' being unlawful for entry to private business.  Section 3 outlines enforcement of this.  Section 4 states that private businesses who have grants or contracts with Florida must also follow this EO.  Boiler plate stuff.  It is a vaccine passport ban, period.

There is absolutely zero mention of the EO disallowing private businesses from mandating vaccinations. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3326 on: August 05, 2021, 05:12:08 PM »

He has no authority derived from his EO to do this.  Section 2 pertains to 'vaccine passports' being unlawful for entry to private business.  Section 3 outlines enforcement of this.  Section 4 states that private businesses who have grants or contracts with Florida must also follow this EO.  Boiler plate stuff.  It is a vaccine passport ban, period.

There is absolutely zero mention of the EO disallowing private businesses from mandating vaccinations.

Hence Disney requiring employees to be fully vaccinated without issue from the state.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3327 on: August 05, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1423243926421614595/photo/1

If the unvaxed get vaxed, we can hit flu mortality rates like the UK, Delta included.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3328 on: August 05, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »
Governor Evers announces that if you get jabbed at the Wisconsin State Fair, you get a free cream puff.

Everyone in Wisconsin is officially out of excuses.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3329 on: August 05, 2021, 07:16:01 PM »
Oh yeah, datta due it. Thank ya Worst Governor Evers, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3330 on: August 05, 2021, 07:46:08 PM »
Oh yeah, datta due it. Thank ya Worst Governor Evers, aina?

The giant undeveloped land surrounded by massive public infrastructure in Mount Pleasant is the worst governor’s grave.

Right ana’l boys?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:11:10 PM by Retire0 »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3331 on: August 05, 2021, 08:45:21 PM »
Governor Evers announces that if you get jabbed at the Wisconsin State Fair, you get a free cream puff.

Get vaccinated but still give COVID a fighting chance by ramping up your obesity co-morbidities!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3332 on: August 05, 2021, 09:25:40 PM »
Get vaccinated but still give COVID a fighting chance by ramping up your obesity co-morbidities!

One cream puff isn't going to kill you. Not getting vaccinated might.
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3333 on: August 05, 2021, 10:14:05 PM »
Sweet home Alabama!!!  Didn’t see this and definitely don’t agree with it.  I’ll be sure to not support him in his run for senate.

The only other reference to an elected official that they called a “growing list” was Massie from Kentucky who is against mandating military from having to get the vaccine.  I know there are a lot who don’t support mandates but if Mo Brooks is the only one I think it’s safe to say both parties are pretty well aligned behind getting the vaccine.

Does North Carolina count?

@RonFilipkowski: NC Republican Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson says that any politician who promotes or encourages people to get a covid vaccine should be voted out of office. https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1423303745165692929/video/1

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3334 on: August 05, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »

The executive order states:

"Section 2 Businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business."

Succeeding sections go into the penalty business owners who have the temerity to actually want to see proof of vaccines before allowing selfish, possibly infected people into their places of business.

I mean, it's as clear as day, Hards. DeSantis' order won't let businesses verify whether customers have been vaccinated. It clearly undermines the entire vaccination process and this and other similar anti-vax attitudes have contributed significantly to DeSantis' state being Delta Central.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3335 on: August 05, 2021, 11:55:32 PM »

@RonFilipkowski: NC Republican Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson says that any politician who promotes or encourages people to get a covid vaccine should be voted out of office. https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1423303745165692929/video/1

Yeah, this guy is a piece of work.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3336 on: August 05, 2021, 11:59:30 PM »

I'd rather get the shot again than have a cream puff.   

*ducks*

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3337 on: August 06, 2021, 06:05:28 AM »
The executive order states:

"Section 2 Businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business."

Succeeding sections go into the penalty business owners who have the temerity to actually want to see proof of vaccines before allowing selfish, possibly infected people into their places of business.

I mean, it's as clear as day, Hards. DeSantis' order won't let businesses verify whether customers have been vaccinated. It clearly undermines the entire vaccination process and this and other similar anti-vax attitudes have contributed significantly to DeSantis' state being Delta Central.

I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it.  The EO merely disallows vaccine passports as a requirement for entry to a business.  Florida isn't the only state with this mandate either.  I don't care for DeSantis, but at least be honest with your claims lest you end up sounding like the liberal version of rocket.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3338 on: August 06, 2021, 07:38:07 AM »
I'd rather get the shot again than have a cream puff.   

*ducks*

You have said some outlandish stuff before, but this takes the cake!  ;D

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3339 on: August 06, 2021, 07:39:43 AM »

I see your gov. and raise you a US congress person:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Ripped For ‘Encouraging Violence’ With Anti-Vaccine Speech
https://finance.yahoo.com/huffpost/marjorie-taylor-greene-ripped-encouraging-080243135.html

Greene suggested Biden would send “one of his police state friends to your front door, to knock on the door, take down your name, your address, your family members’ names, your phone numbers, your cellphone numbers, probably ask for your Social Security number, and whether you’ve taken the vaccine or not.”

“Yeah, well, what they don’t know is in the South we all love our Second Amendment rights,” she added. “And we’re not real big on strangers showing up at our front door, are we? They might not like the welcome they get.”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3340 on: August 06, 2021, 08:07:24 AM »
Ar da creem puffs gluten free, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3341 on: August 06, 2021, 08:23:08 AM »

Marjorie Taylor Greene Ripped For ‘Encouraging Violence’ With Anti-Vaccine Speech
https://finance.yahoo.com/huffpost/marjorie-taylor-greene-ripped-encouraging-080243135.html

Greene suggested Biden would send “one of his police state friends to your front door, to knock on the door, take down your name, your address, your family members’ names, your phone numbers, your cellphone numbers, probably ask for your Social Security number, and whether you’ve taken the vaccine or not.”

“Yeah, well, what they don’t know is in the South we all love our Second Amendment rights,” she added. “And we’re not real big on strangers showing up at our front door, are we? They might not like the welcome they get.”

When the feds start asking for your Social Security number, it's time to bring out the guns.

Dear God, these people are stupid.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3342 on: August 06, 2021, 09:49:05 AM »
When the feds start asking for your Social Security number, it's time to bring out the guns.

Dear God, these people are stupid.
As I noted before, they've quickly learned that being mouth-breathing ignoramuses pays exceedingly well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3343 on: August 06, 2021, 09:55:31 AM »

She’s a moron and should not be taken seriously, unfortunately some do listen.  I’ll give you this one, she has done nothing but embarrass the party and serve as a distraction.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3344 on: August 06, 2021, 10:08:04 AM »
As I noted before, they've quickly learned that being mouth-breathing ignoramuses pays exceedingly well.

Yes unfortunately there is a segment of the party that eats this type of rhetoric up.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3345 on: August 06, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »
Yes unfortunately there is a segment of the party that eats this type of rhetoric up.

Yes, 80-90% of the party. Which is why the GOP panders to them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3346 on: August 06, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »
I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it.  The EO merely disallows vaccine passports as a requirement for entry to a business.  Florida isn't the only state with this mandate either.

OK, fair enough. I call it proof of vaccination; you and some others call it "vaccination passport," which I guess has become an evil term or something?

IMHO it's wrong for the government to deny a private business the option of asking for proof of vaccination, regardless of what it's called. And no, sadly, Florida isn't the only state with that kind of mandate. It's just one of the red states seeking to prohibit private businesses from protecting their employees and customers by requiring proof of vaccination.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3347 on: August 06, 2021, 10:17:43 AM »
Yes, 80-90% of the party. Which is why the GOP panders to them.

I’d flip those %s around….maybe 10-20% of the party eats that up, I hope that’s it at least.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3348 on: August 06, 2021, 10:20:46 AM »
OK, fair enough. I call it proof of vaccination; you and some others call it "vaccination passport," which I guess has become an evil term or something?

IMHO it's wrong for the government to deny a private business the option of asking for proof of vaccination, regardless of what it's called. And no, sadly, Florida isn't the only state with that kind of mandate. It's just one of the red states seeking to prohibit private businesses from protecting their employees and customers by requiring proof of vaccination.

If I’m understanding the EO correctly based off Hards comments and the little I’ve read about it.  A private business can still require proof of vaccination if they want they would just lose any grant money or funding from the state I believe.

pacearrow02

• Starter

feedback