* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Masks at Fiserv Forum  (Read 26914 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Masks at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2021, 08:35:18 AM »

Yes, because smoking, eating fast food and drinking alcohol are just like a communicable disease.

I would have thought a "health care professional" could understand this.

Absolutely affects each of us in many ways, daily. Would think that's elementary for those working in academia, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2021, 08:37:03 AM »
Where I live is not relevant. I’ve been to five Marquette games this season already, bub.

I’ve had covid and am vaxxed. FOH “requiring” me to wear a mask at an arena, except when chugging beer or eating food. It’s looney tunes thinking.

How many of them were at the Fiserv Forum (where the mask mandate we're discussing is being enforced)?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2021, 08:40:09 AM »

Since there is no vaccine requirement to enter Fiserv, they don't know who has been vaxxed or had Covid.  So it's simply easier to enforce if everyone is required to be masked.

Again, just don't go if it is too inconvenient for you.  The games are televised, so you wouldn't be missing anything.

Going to a game is different than viewing on TV, Tex.

“Simply easier” is fine if it was useful. Me with a mask or not in a mask isn’t helping or hurting anyone, it’s just stupid.

And if I go I will have the mask off most the time, with food & drink in hand. So stupid.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2021, 08:42:50 AM »

Absolutely affects each of us in many ways, daily. Would think that's elementary for those working in academia, aina?

I didn't say they weren't health issues that we should be dealing with.  I said they aren't communicable diseases.

IMO, I can't pass obesity along to the stranger sitting next to me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »
Going to a game is different than viewing on TV, Tex.

“Simply easier” is fine if it was useful. Me with a mask or not in a mask isn’t helping or hurting anyone, it’s just stupid.

And if I go I will have the mask off most the time, with food & drink in hand. So stupid.

So you're just a kitten who can't handle inconvenience for a couple hours..  Got it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2021, 08:44:37 AM »

So you're just a kitten who can't handle inconvenience for a couple hours..  Got it.

He always has been, hard to expect growth out of a guy who is obsessed with living in the past.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2021, 08:51:29 AM »

I can handle it. I just will call it out for being stupid and will take steps to lessen the impact on me.

It’s like your posts. Stupid af, but I can handle it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2021, 09:00:51 AM »
Is the cloth mask is useless thought about getting the virus or spreading it? I thought it’s been pretty week established that they had minimal effectiveness to stop you from getting it. I thought they still had a reasonable (albeit much reduced compared to N95) effectiveness in preventing a person from spreading it.

Maybe that’s changed and I missed it. It seems those that bring up the cloth masks being ineffective focus more on the stopping you from getting infected rather than if it helps mitigate the spread.

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2021, 09:06:14 AM »
I can handle it. I just will call it out for being stupid and will take steps to lessen the impact on me.

It’s like your posts. Stupid af, but I can handle it.

Says the guy who once claimed to be withholding recruiting information because I bothered him.

Just a little kitten.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »

Says the guy who once claimed to be withholding recruiting information because I bothered him.

Just a little kitten.

Oh, I absolutely have and continue to withhold info from this site.

Do you think kittens are cute? PM me Y/N/M

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2021, 09:21:04 AM »
Fantastic
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2021, 09:26:46 AM »
Oh, I absolutely have and continue to withhold info from this site.

"I can handle it" says the guy who cannot handle it.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »
It’s indeed the unlearned morons who are preventing the pandemic from petering out.

So it’s time policies—public and private—stop trying to protect the people who are too imbecilic to protect themselves. Insurance (health and life, to name two) should skyrocket for the unvaccinated so the rest of us don’t have to foot the bill when they take up precious ICU space. Because those most vulnerable to serious complications are the ones least likely to comply with mandates anyway, it’s time to let Darwinism play itself out as it will.

Yes and no.  I've done everything right.  First vaccinated in March.  Booster in October.  Omicron still got me.  Wasn't all that sick, but felt kinda crappy for a few days.  Clearly this version of the virus doesn't give two rips about who did things right and who didn't. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
Yes and no.  I've done everything right.  First vaccinated in March.  Booster in October.  Omicron still got me.  Wasn't all that sick, but felt kinda crappy for a few days.  Clearly this version of the virus doesn't give two rips about who did things right and who didn't.

I think most people would agree with you.  You've done everything right.  The issue is with the people clogging the hospitals up.  They've done nothing right. 

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2021, 09:58:38 AM »
As someone who is a caregiver and got my Moderna shots even before I was supposed to and got my booster early, I have to say this board is filled with really awful people.

Wishing Darwinism to weed out people you don't like?  Wishing insurance rates to skyrocket because people made decisions you don't like?

Just vile people here.  And liberals, every last one of them.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2021, 10:00:56 AM »
I don't get the whole "since I can take my mask off in my seat to eat or drink, the whole mask thing is stupid" philosophy.

When you are walking around breathing without a mask you are sharing your spittle and viral particles with whomever you walk past or talk to.  If you wear a mask that mitigates the sharing of your spittle and breath.  That makes a mask at that point still valuable.

When sitting in your seat eating, you are not breathing out amongst the masses, but in your confined little space.  So you are now putting those next to you in possible harm's way, but that is a small group (and perhaps some of that group is already within your circles) and for a limited (hopefully) period of time. 

Obviously if they wanted to be completely serious about it, they would eliminate concessions completely and require full masks for the entire time you are present in the FF.  Practically speaking that is not very probable as they are trying to run a business, so they create rules that should help mitigate overall, but still allow patrons to enjoy their time. 

Why is it always all or nothing?  Mitigation measures are important and rational.

Really tired of some of my fellow Americans.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2021, 10:04:02 AM »
Ok, then don’t require masks when seated

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2021, 10:05:34 AM »

Yep, thousands of people that are fully vaccinated including booster AND have prior infection are still catching the virus.  Including many following and living in areas that have strict vaccine & mask mandates. 

This mask requirement is essentially saying 'look we're doing something.'  It's not going to make a difference.  Those taking things seriously likely will follow strictly and wear masks appropriately the whole time, and they likely would've worn a mask even if there wasn't a requirement.  Those that aren't too worried and not fans of wearing the mask will just half ass wear them, pull them down, eat/drink constantly, etc. anyways.  Making it all essentially useless. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
As someone who is a caregiver and got my Moderna shots even before I was supposed to and got my booster early, I have to say this board is filled with really awful people.

Wishing Darwinism to weed out people you don't like?  Wishing insurance rates to skyrocket because people made decisions you don't like?

You’re free to leave at anytime
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2021, 10:10:34 AM »
Ok, then don’t require masks when seated

As long as you promise to stop breathing when seated, sure.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2021, 10:11:11 AM »

LOL

tower912

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2021, 10:18:57 AM »

You hate Shaka.
You hate the direction Marquette has taken.
You hate liberals.
You love complaining about them all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:33:03 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2021, 10:26:02 AM »
Omnicron variant? Currently yes.

NM, no point.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:28:01 AM by forgetful »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2021, 10:51:17 AM »
I'm not sure why people need to attack each other.

I think we can all agree on two points:

1) If you are afraid of getting covid/omicron, regardless of masks or your vaccination status, it's not rational to go to a basketball game with 18K people.

2) Hospital overcapacity impacts a huge amount of people and is a significant problem right now.  The vast, vast, vast, majority of those taking up ICU's are those that are unvaccinated.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2021, 10:54:27 AM »
I'm not sure why people need to attack each other.

I think we can all agree on two points:

1) If you are afraid of getting covid/omicron, regardless of masks or your vaccination status, it's not rational to go to a basketball game with 18K people.

2) Hospital overcapacity impacts a huge amount of people and is a significant problem right now.  The vast, vast, vast, majority of those taking up ICU's are those that are unvaccinated.

Obviously.  But if you're serious about #2, then maybe don't do #1.

Either way, it's mostly people just venting here.  No amount of crying on this forum is going to change the policy at the Fiserv.

feedback