'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bailey declares for draft  (Read 83903 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Bailey declares for draft
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »
This is one thing I have never been able to understand, why the mods so loosely moderate stuff here and allow all the harsh criticism of players. It's not a good look for one thing, for another, recruits DO read message bards, or if they don't, relatives or their friends or someone does. To think it can't have an affect is wrong.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2020, 09:28:28 PM »
No, Karim Mane making his decision based off a teams message board is not a fact.
Do work for MSU if you want. I'm talking facts no speculation. But you be you. 
Goal is National Championship

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2020, 06:56:54 AM »
Do work for MSU if you want. I'm talking facts no speculation. But you be you.

3+5=8. That is a fact.

20 year old kid is looking at message boards to form his college choice, is not a fact.

Again, by this logic you should stop wasting time sounding like a complete moron here and instead be on the MSU board say Henry is human garbage.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Goose

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2020, 07:40:48 AM »
I spend so little time on here that I had to check the date this thread was started. I truthfully thought maybe I missed this thread on April 1st. If nothing else, this provided a nice chuckle in my home office.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2020, 07:44:19 AM »
...better idea. Set the bar high. Expect greatness, or step aside mon ami. DePaul will take you.

Dude.  Fans on message boards "setting the bar high" doesn't impact actual performance.  Have you not realized that?

IOW, just because you say the three freshmen are better than BB, that doesn't actually make that happen.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »
BB was easily the most frustrating player to watch this year. Largely due to the fact that, occasionally, he can be really good.  I highly doubt that a 23 year old, with access to a coaching staff like MU's, needs to have NBA scouts critique his game. If he believes he needs big numbers to be drafted, he should look to a mid-major out West.  In my view, he's a lot like Sandy Cohen.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2020, 08:13:23 AM »
No, Karim Mane making his decision based off a teams message board is not a fact.

How dare you underestimate the power of Scoop and News: Garcia dreams MU.

Karim wants to go to a school that is Pollyanna, where its dispassionate fans are spirited in their support of mediocrity and end of season meltdowns.  Who cares if that same fanbase is Top 15 in attendance, despite being a school with an enrollment of just 10k, and not having an NCAA win in 7 years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »
How dare you underestimate the power of Scoop and News: Garcia dreams MU.

Karim wants to go to a school that is Pollyanna, where its dispassionate fans are spirited in their support of mediocrity and end of season meltdowns.  Who cares if that same fanbase is Top 15 in attendance, despite being a school with an enrollment of just 10k, and not having an NCAA win in 7 years.

You seem to buy into what the meat eaters have to say, and we’ve been told stone cold lock Mane has eliminated MU from consideration. No chance he comes, ship has sailed.

Why does Mane continue to list MU and do virtual visits? Just bored and wants to see pictures of what the Fiserv would look like (even though he’s been in it), what an empty campus and Milwaukee looks like? Getting payback on Wojo for all the mind games he plays with the “non chosen ones” on the team?

Seems weird.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2020, 09:04:09 AM »
You seem to buy into what the meat eaters have to say, and we’ve been told stone cold lock Mane has eliminated MU from consideration. No chance he comes, ship has sailed.

Why does Mane continue to list MU and do virtual visits? Just bored and wants to see pictures of what the Fiserv would look like (even though he’s been in it), what an empty campus and Milwaukee looks like? Getting payback on Wojo for all the mind games he plays with the “non chosen ones” on the team?

Seems weird.

Wojo must be upping his offer$.  You know, just like the other schools do when we lose a recruit. 

Would be an excellent score, should we land Mane.  Getting Carton was big.  Mane would be huge.  But..I am in the camp of the meat eaters, and don't think he's coming to MU.  MSU will be the choice.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:17 AM »
Wojo must be upping his offer$.  You know, just like the other schools do when we lose a recruit. 

Would be an excellent score, should we land Mane.  Getting Carton was big.  Mane would be huge.  But..I am in the camp of the meat eaters, and don't think he's coming to MU.  MSU will be the choice.

You think Wojo/MU are paying players?

At least one member of the meaters still believes Mane is coming

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2020, 09:20:58 AM »

If you are implying that MU is offering to pay Mane for his services, you are incorrect.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2020, 09:23:00 AM »
If you are implying that MU is offering to pay Mane for his services, you are incorrect.

Facts have no place at scoop
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »

No.  I don't think that MU is offering to pay Mane.  I just laugh when ProJos use this excuse when we lose out on a recruit to programs who have had a lot more success than us in the past 7 years.

Choosing MU and Wojo over MSU and Izzo?  Thats a tough sell.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2020, 09:47:19 AM »
No.  I don't think that MU is offering to pay Mane.  I just laugh when ProJos use this excuse when we lose out on a recruit to programs who have had a lot more success than us in the past 7 years.

Can you try to be less of a broken record and attempt to use your posts to add value?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2020, 09:57:02 AM »

I believe I have said that about losing kids to Arizona and Kansas. I wonder why I might say that. They don’t have coaches on federal wires talking about the players they’ve paid or anything...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:25 AM »
3+5=8. That is a fact.

20 year old kid is looking at message boards to form his college choice, is not a fact.

Again, by this logic you should stop wasting time sounding like a complete moron here and instead be on the MSU board say Henry is human garbage.
Yeah, you sound like a really reasonable person. Keep talking garbage. When information is a known straight from the source that is a fact. I'll just let this stupid thread be. Go ahead do the damage.
Goal is National Championship

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2020, 10:57:07 AM »
I wonder to what extent Joey is in his ear about the inner workings of Wojo, MU, etc.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
I spend so little time on here that I had to check the date this thread was started. I truthfully thought maybe I missed this thread on April 1st. If nothing else, this provided a nice chuckle in my home office.

And this, in turn, gave me a chuckle.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2020, 12:03:35 PM »

All your other attacks continue to flail, and so now you resort to libeling our coach?  What the hell is wrong with you?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »
Getting Carton was big huge.  Mane would be huge big.
FIFY
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2020, 01:47:28 PM »
Getting Carton was huge, getting Mane would also be huge, losing Bailey would be equally huge.

FIFY

Viper

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2020, 07:31:13 PM »
Getting Carton was huge, getting Mane would also be huge, losing Bailey would be equally huge.

FIFY
how so? To date, what has BB done that would equate to huge loss?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »
how so? To date, what has BB done that would equate to huge loss?

Second leading returning scorer after inefficient Koby, highest offensive efficiency, leading returning rebounder, most made threes, and arguably our best returning defender.

Losing your best returning player is rarely a good thing.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2020, 07:54:51 PM »
Second leading returning scorer after inefficient Koby, highest offensive efficiency, leading returning rebounder, most made threes, and arguably our best returning defender.

Losing your best returning player is rarely a good thing.

Unless....you can replace him with a better player
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2020, 07:57:06 PM »
Unless....you can replace him with a better player

But when you have 2 open scholarships you don’t need to replace him, you can just add the better player and keep the returning player.

feedback