collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crap. Indiana wins one.  (Read 3892 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ludum habemus.

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: Crap. Indiana wins one.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »
Why is the hell is the picture of Crean so g-damned big? Absurd.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »
Funny, I checked pomeroy today, and noticed they had a 25% chance of beating Iowa tonight (their best chance all year).  I thought about posting and warning everyone that they might get their first B10 win tonight, but decided against it.

Well, at least that's over.  They had to win one sometime.  Hopefully that's it for the year :)

smrunner99

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »
I do not think the picture is absurd.  Let's be honest who is left on that team that you could pick out of a picture no one.  Crean is the face of that team for the next few years.  That is until he rebuilds the dynasty, blah blah, blah.

This is not a post about my love or hate for Crean.  Just pointing out the current situation at IU.  

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:46 PM »
Lickliter should be fired

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »
SS Marquette

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 12:25:37 AM »
I do not think the picture is absurd.

Ha. It's normal now. The first time I clicked on the link, the photo was bigger than my screen--I had to scroll both laterally and vertically to see the whole thing--and it pushed the text of the recap way off to the side. Guess either my browser was goofy or sportsline had some formatting issues that have since been resolved.

Also, my original post was in no way a reflection of my opinion of TC.

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 07:27:11 AM »
Chicago Tribune wire reported that Crean took a "victory lap" at Assembly Hall after the victory.....   what a douchebag

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 11:03:54 AM »
Chicago Tribune wire reported that Crean took a "victory lap" at Assembly Hall after the victory.....   what a douchebag

Sharing the joy of the victory with the fans who have supported this team through bad times and worse times this year.  Why is that wrong?

Also, to those of you who have previously suggested IU fans will only support a winner, please note that in each of the three home losses prior to the Iowa game, attendance INCREASED with each game, falling just below a sellout in the 3rd one.  (I could check on the attendance stats of the Iowa, but I do not have time.)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »

It's kinda douchey... but he's selling the "us vs. the world" mentality.

He's actually in a pretty good place with IU. The cupboard is completely bare, which gives him time to build with that mentality: "We are IU, and I'm going to build it back up".

I actually think he would struggle more if he went into a situation like Buzz has. Tough to truly use grassroots marketing and the underdog positioning when you inherit a good team from the previous coach.

I'll admit that the whole underdog thing can get old... but for IU right now, it's a solid approach to rebuilding the fan base.

I'll be he has the players out on campus shaking hands, I bet he goes to the dorms and hands out tickets, etc. etc.

All good ways to build brand loyalty and rebuild the program.

Pardner

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »

"It's all about the players."

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 02:15:09 AM »
He grabbed the house mic and thanked everyone, then the whole team took a lap.  For someone who likes saying "It's Indiana" a whole lot, he seems to have forgotten the history of that team.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »
I wish Indiana no ill will.  Good for TC.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »
Don't look now...Stripeout.

If they can pull it off, it'll be interesting to see.

Question: When the new recruits come aboard and the walk-ons are dismissed, they don't affect IU's graduation rate, do they?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:57:58 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:36:11 PM »
Don't look now...Stripeout.

If they can pull it off, it'll be interesting to see.

Question: When the new recruits come aboard and the walk-ons are dismissed, they don't affect IU's graduation rate, do they?

I'm pretty sure the NCAA only cares about scholarship players graduating.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback