Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET To Go On As Planned  (Read 27017 times)

MUUWUWM

• All American
Re: BET To Go On As Planned
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »
25% of the population of Italy is over the  age of 63-65..in other words lots of old people who  have pre-existing  conditions that the virus can have a deadly effect.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2020, 06:51:14 PM »
Only 15 % in the US, so we shouldn’t care that they get sick or that they clog the hospitals so that when a younger person needs other medical attention, there are no resources available.

People are so short sighted.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2020, 06:51:36 PM »
I wish I could go and get a cheap ticket.  What a bunch of idiots.  This is a total joke and overreaction for political purposes.  Started in the Ivy League.  Amazing group of losers.
It’s a global political conspiracy!! The fact you’d post this is evidence you’re a big enough moron to believe that narrative.
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »
This is pretty f ucked up. Basically us middle age and young folk should say screw it will survie it anyways. Well with this attitude this thing spreads like wild fire and inevitably more older folks will be at risk and get the virus. Its impossible for many older folks to never even set foot outside. So nice basically saying you dont care more ppl die. As long we got basketball crowds! Sick! No pun intended.
Also did you just see holes post. 2 weeks ago there 220 confirmed cases. In italy Today 11k . So we aint safe by any means rn

For a little perspective...my dad is 78, he is at high risk just because of his age. I asked him if he's going to do anything different(already knowing what his answer would be). He said "absolutely not, this thing is ridiculous". I said, well what if you get it?? he said "then I get it". I said "you could die". He said "I'm 78 yrs old, how much longer am I going to live anyway, if I get it and die, well so what"??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2020, 06:58:32 PM »
Funny until this very moment I thought Guru was square in the high risk category. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
For a little perspective...my dad is 78, he is at high risk just because of his age. I asked him if he's going to do anything different(already knowing what his answer would be). He said "absolutely not, this thing is ridiculous". I said, well what if you get it?? he said "then I get it". I said "you could die". He said "I'm 78 yrs old, how much longer am I going to live anyway, if I get it and die, well so what"??
Does your dad speak for everyone over 60 then. Glad ur dad dont care if he gets a life threatening illness. He dont care if he gets it and spreads it more eh

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2020, 07:10:28 PM »
Does your dad speak for everyone over 60 then. Glad ur dad dont care if he gets a life threatening illness. He dont care if he gets it and spreads it more eh

No, but my dad is an extremely intelligent guy..and I'm not saying that just because he's my dad. He knows that, the media and everyone else is over reacting. as he said, many thousand die of the flu every year, we don't hear about that though.  A lot of this same thing happened when SAARS was a thing, it was completely overblown. So was the swine flu, and typically almost all these things are..it's just the way it is. People play on people's fears. It works to a "T".
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2020, 07:23:56 PM »
No, but my dad is an extremely intelligent guy..and I'm not saying that just because he's my dad. He knows that, the media and everyone else is over reacting. as he said, many thousand die of the flu every year, we don't hear about that though.  A lot of this same thing happened when SAARS was a thing, it was completely overblown. So was the swine flu, and typically almost all these things are..it's just the way it is. People play on people's fears. It works to a "T".

LOL.  Actually it looks as though people aren't operating out of fear at all.  They are making rational decisions given the information at hand.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2020, 07:25:03 PM »
I can't get enough of this sh1t.  Someone just said we shouldn't worry about this pandemic because his 78 year old dad is really smart and doesn't care if he dies. 

My dad is about that old.  I don't know how smart he is, but he is a great grandfather and I'd really like him to get another 10 years with my kids. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »
Oh sh1t.  You're the same guy that was all macho about football and ripping on soccer. 

Tell me you are a true man and smoke a pack a day between a can of chew. 

You're awesome. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2020, 07:28:47 PM »
I can't get enough of this sh1t.  Someone just said we shouldn't worry about this pandemic because his 78 year old dad is really smart and doesn't care if he dies. 

My dad is about that old.  I don't know how smart he is, but he is a great grandfather and I'd really like him to get another 10 years with my kids. 

Some people would rather say their dad doesn't mind dying than admit they're wrong.  I know.  It's wierd.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2020, 07:32:59 PM »

Some people would rather say their dad doesn't mind dying than admit they're wrong.  I know.  It's wierd.
Yeah...I need to stop messing with him.  Probably has some issues beyond his control.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2020, 07:38:02 PM »
This is pretty f ucked up. Basically us middle age and young folk should say screw it will survie it anyways. Well with this attitude this thing spreads like wild fire and inevitably more older folks will be at risk and get the virus. Its impossible for many older folks to never even set foot outside. So nice basically saying you dont care more ppl die. As long we got basketball crowds! Sick! No pun intended.
Also did you just see holes post. 2 weeks ago there 220 confirmed cases. In italy Today 11k . So we aint safe by any means rn

I mean, I think its pretty obvious that guru only cares about himself and Marquette basketball.  That's it.  That's his existence.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
At this point most fans are already in NY. There is little to no benefit in banning fans. They missed their opportunity to make a proactive decision.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »
Funny until this very moment I thought Guru was square in the high risk category.

Same.  I'm frankly shocked. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2020, 07:41:42 PM »
Really sucks for those of you with flights out tomorrow.  What a crapty situation. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2020, 07:42:16 PM »
I wish I could go and get a cheap ticket.  What a bunch of idiots.  This is a total joke and overreaction for political purposes.  Started in the Ivy League.  Amazing group of losers.

Keep watching Fox. It will make you feel better if you get sick knowing it’s all a hoax.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »
Remember when everyone thought guru was a douche just because of his basketball posts? Good times, good times.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2020, 07:43:44 PM »
my dad is an extremely intelligent guy..

...these things tend to skip a generation.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2020, 07:49:06 PM »
...these things tend to skip a generation.

:D

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2020, 07:49:53 PM »
Really sucks for those of you with flights out tomorrow.  What a crapty situation.
Friend of mine in NYC for business the last two weeks...investment banking...said it is freaky...empty restaurants, etc...  His employer not allowing him back to work for 2 weeks after he returns. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2020, 07:53:48 PM »

Lots of ignorance.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2020, 07:56:38 PM »
Gonna guess Val announces no fans after today.

Pretty much every other major conference has done that

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2020, 08:01:55 PM »

Found the Russian.

feedback