Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buffalo @ MU Crowd  (Read 27411 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Buffalo @ MU Crowd
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
The size of the crowd does not matter as long as Chick and Glow are there.

Now that has the making of a Christmas Card.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 01:24:49 PM »
Here is one, why would MU schedule anyone but schools with RPIs over 250 for home games during the xmas break? Makes no sense.
Play Buffalo during late nivember early december ncream puffs without the students. 
Clearly more to it than that but buy games we should be setting the agenda.  Anyone should have known this would have been a tougher game, maybe not 14 but definitely top 75.
Hopefully it is all a moot point u would hope between mu being ranked and playing a ranked opponent it will take care of itself, yet the students always add to the homecourt much more so than the sweater vests who seemingly stand at the beginning and then again at halftime and then to leave.

Because it takes two to tango and this was a mutually acceptable date.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »
I assume it has something to do with the fact that now the same company that owns 620 WTMJ radio owns 94.5 ESPN radio.  They are cross promoting - where as in the past, when 620 was the Badger flagship - you rarely even heard a mention on 620 that MU even had a D1 basketball team.
I don't think it's that at all, because that has nothing to do with Bucks boardcasts on FS Wisconsin. I bet it more has to do with the Bucks running Fiserv Forum.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2018, 01:28:53 PM »
FS-Wisconsin also runs Wojo's TV show "Inside Marquette Basketball", so they're promoting that too.
That's because Spectrum Sports is closing shop.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 01:30:23 PM »
The Bucks even tweeted about the game.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1075820880524017665

I think MU is pulling out all the stops to get a good crowd there.  Smart on them.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »
Steve Novak gave a little dig to Katie George after the interview, asking if she told Wojo that she's from U of Louisville.

FS-Wisconsin is doing the MU Basketball show and it looks like they may have done all the player interviews on the same date.  Because the players microphone has next to no audio for the first 4 shows.
Maybe next year check the mic before doing a seasons worth of interviews.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »
Because it takes two to tango and this was a mutually acceptable date.

Thx captain obvious,
My whole point is Broeker n MU need to do a better job then.  Its a job poorly done to play a team that is coming off an ncaa tournament win over Arizona and returns their team intact during the break.  Its not a home and away, either, its a buy game which means we shoukd be dictating when the game is played not them.  Clearly we agreed to it and we should do better on setting up our schedule. U absolutely want the more difficult games in front of tge students n we hold all the cards, i guess Broeker folded, wouldnt be the first time.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »

I think MU is pulling out all the stops to get a good crowd there.  Smart on them.
Here is the thing. What do you think?
Unlike the Bradley Center which was run by the BC board, the Bucks run Fiserv Forum. So, on the tiny parts I have watched of Bucks games on TV. The Bucks are promoting the concerts that are coming up at Fiserv Forum and how to get your tickets. Now, MU gets 0% out of concession as it was the case in the Bradley Center. Yet, it's in the Bucks interest for Marquette fan to show up and buy tickets as the fee's goes to Bucks and concession, parking, etc goes to the Bucks.

**I see 4 Bucky fans are letting their feelings toward MU on that tweet.**
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:04:02 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
Thx captain obvious,
My whole point is Broeker n MU need to do a better job then.  Its a job poorly done to play a team that is coming off an ncaa tournament win over Arizona and returns their team intact during the break.  Its not a home and away, either, its a buy game which means we shoukd be dictating when the game is played not them.  Clearly we agreed to it and we should do better on setting up our schedule. U absolutely want the more difficult games in front of tge students n we hold all the cards, i guess Broeker folded, wouldnt be the first time.
I think the other way to look at it is the game is a holiday event for a lot of families. I can remember several years back in the Buzz era going to a home game against  Green Bay after the students left and there was a very good crowd of families etc. Was a fun time.

I used to be in the giving Broeker a hard time camp, but the more I studied his work, I actually think he does as good a job as he can given the variables he has to work with.. The coaches also have a lot of input on what the schedule should be. They can request a harder or easier schedule depending on how they feel the team is doing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:20:54 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
Thx captain obvious,

Don't agree with your point. The game is fine. Good spacing between the tougher games and the cupcakes. Enjoy the game.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2018, 02:20:50 PM »
The size of the crowd does not matter as long as Chick and Glow are there.

Post. Of. The. Year.   :)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »

Mr. N's correct.  Bucks keep the concession revenue.  This is simply good business on the Bucks, that happens to have a collateral benefit to MU.  MU has nothing to do with it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
Mr. N's correct.  Bucks keep the concession revenue.  This is simply good business on the Bucks, that happens to have a collateral benefit to MU.  MU has nothing to do with it.
If MU had the power, they would have been doing this years ago.

Casual fan lives on the rankings. This is a Top 20 match up that falls on a Friday night. Bucks are helping to get the word out to get the $$$$.
-Bill Walton

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2018, 02:26:40 PM »
If MU had the power, they would have been doing this years ago. Casual fan lives on the rankings. This is a Top 20 match up that falls on a Friday night. Bucks are helping to get the word out to get the $$$$.

And the fact that it annoys bucky fans, is icing on top.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2018, 02:32:15 PM »
Thx captain obvious,

November 17 was 3 days after Indiana trounced us. November 24 was the day after the Louisville game.   Dec 1 was against Kansas State.

What day are you scheduling Buffalo?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
November 17 was 3 days after Indiana trounced us. November 24 was the day after the Louisville game.   Dec 1 was against Kansas State.

What day are you scheduling Buffalo?

Not only that, but Buffalo had a home game Nov 24 & their exempt tourney final Dec 1.

November 17 was really the only other date, but we were likely holding that expecting the NIT to give us an opponent for that date. The only other open slot would've been during finals week.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:31 PM »
OMG, the Bucks twittered about the game?

I'm upping my original prediction by TWO dozen.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »
Crowd will be disappointing. Under 10,000 butts in seats. Students are on break and Buffalo is not a big name, despite the ranking. Announced attendance will be much higher as this was part of the UW 5 game mini plan, but there will be lots of empty chairs.

Oh well, as long as we win. Go Marquette.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »
Arby's will be there.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
Here is the thing. What do you think?
Unlike the Bradley Center which was run by the BC board, the Bucks run Fiserv Forum. So, on the tiny parts I have watched of Bucks games on TV. The Bucks are promoting the concerts that are coming up at Fiserv Forum and how to get your tickets. Now, MU gets 0% out of concession as it was the case in the Bradley Center. Yet, it's in the Bucks interest for Marquette fan to show up and buy tickets as the fee's goes to Bucks and concession, parking, etc goes to the Bucks.

Good points.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2018, 03:13:48 PM »
Well, the "Be the Student Package" maxed out. That explain's why singles are not being sold for the Buffalo game. Also, looking at for the first time today on ticketmaster, the seats that were available on Wednesday are now gone today. This really might be a huge crowd on Friday. Also, the first 5,000 fans get a glow in the dark MU t-shirt.
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
It’s going to be a large crowd for sure.
I’ll throw $100 on any bet if anyone thinks it’ll be 10,000 or less.

I know a lot of people going and I also have family members that specifically requested this game. A Friday night game with nothing going on Saturday. No work... holiday weekend after.

$100. Let me know Coleman.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
Well, the "Be the Student Package" maxed out. That explain's why singles are not being sold for the Buffalo game. Also, looking at for the first time today on ticketmaster, the seats that were available on Wednesday are now gone today. This really might be a huge crowd on Friday. Also, the first 5,000 fans get a glow in the dark MU t-shirt.

“Glow” in the dark? I’ll pass. Lol

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
“Glow” in the dark? I’ll pass. Lol

Now, wait there one sec.  Gruber doesn't do ALL the t-shirt promos.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »
It’s going to be a large crowd for sure.
I’ll throw $100 on any bet if anyone thinks it’ll be 10,000 or less.

I know a lot of people going and I also have family members that specifically requested this game. A Friday night game with nothing going on Saturday. No work... holiday weekend after.

$100. Let me know Coleman.

If the ticketmaster site is correct. Looks to be about 500 ticket left. If people do show up, we should have a Kansas State type crowd. Friday night. Top 20 match up. If you have a ticket, why wouldn't someone not show up?
-Bill Walton