Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 15-16 thoughts  (Read 27235 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 15-16 thoughts
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »
I feel like this team is a mystery right now, and the potential of graduate transfers is where things really hinge. Looking at the roster as currently constructed...

C: Fischer, Heldt
PF: Henry, Wally?
SF: Jajuan, Sandy, Cheatham
SG: Duane, Anim
PG: Traci

To me, that's not a NCAA roster unless Henry can put us on his back and carry us all the way there. Now if you add another stud scorer, maybe. If you put Miller, Lee, and an experienced point willing to split time, you could be talking about a team that could compete for the league crown. Just a lot up in the air.

Our current roster doesn't have enough shooters, and we're one or two injuries or transfers away from being in a similar boat to this past year. I like Fischer and Duane, and I like the promise of Henry and Traci, but I feel like everyone else is a question mark.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2015, 09:45:50 PM »
How about this as an NCAA starting lineup?

PG - Duane
2/3's - JjJ, Haanif, Wally compete
4 - Henry
5 - Fischer

One of the 2/3's off the bench along with Sandy & Sacar.. Traci backing up the point.. Heldt the 4 & 5... would like Steve still here.. ugh. But still, crown us.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »
C: Fischer, Heldt
PF: Henry, Wally?
SF: Jajuan, Sandy, Cheatham
SG: Duane, Anim
PG: Traci

That lineup looks really weak rebounding the ball to me.  Fischer is a below average rebounder for a center.  The '3' position does not have much in terms of rebounding.  Falls a lot on the '4' position to rebound then.

We need to add a rebounder, whether it be the '3' or '4' position (assuming we are not adding another '5' to the roster).  If we add a rebounder who can defend I will feel much better about next season.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:06 PM »

PG - Duane
4 - Henry
5 - Fischer

One of the 2/3's off the bench along with Sandy & Sacar.. Traci backing up the point.. Heldt the 4 & 5... would like Steve still here.. ugh. But still, crown us.

If things break right, maybe. If Duane takes a step forward and became a legit scoring point, if one of those 2/3 guys could be an additional scorer and we got solid defense from the position, if Henry was the real deal from day one, if Fischer improved his strength and rebounding, and if the bench provided reliable minutes, maybe that's a NCAA roster. But certainly no lock. That looks like a 10-13 seed for me, and 13 seeds don't get at-large bids.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 09:07:16 AM »

PG - Duane
4 - Henry
5 - Fischer

Good upside, but a lot of unknowns and I hate to go all Brent Williams, but I'm not sure how tough that team would be. They just haven't won a lot of tough/contested college games yet. They need some seasoning.

feedback