Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: LW on the Dodds Board  (Read 26969 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
LW on the Dodds Board
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »
Don't shoot the messenger, but evidently LW said something on WTMJ like "We hope to keep Buzz" and the folks on Dodds are going nuts.

Litehouse

• All American
Re: LW on the Dodds Board
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »
mupanther had a more complete summary.  Some people are taking the "hope we can keep him" a little out of context and running with it.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »
Why is this guy in the media? He's a microphone whore! Shut up!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:00:17 AM »
There is so much tinfoil over there to keep Alcoa in business for decades.  99% of them don't even have the full context of what was said.  PRN is soiling himself right now, I'm sure.

And guess what, some day Buzz will leave...they all leave.  I can only imagine how LW, or George Bush, or Bill Buckner will be blamed.  It will be a day when popcorn sales are high around here.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:00:24 AM »
Again, these are just examples that Larry Williams can do no right in the eyes of some posters. LW said Buzz is one of the best young coaches in the game, did a phenomenal job with this team, and Marquette is going to do what it can to keep him, and somehow that's a BAD thing? Do you even read what you write before hitting the "post" button?

THESE ARE ALL GOOD THINGS AND THE EXACT TYPES OF STATEMENTS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WISHING HE WOULD MAKE SINCE HE ARRIVED!!!!!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »
Keepin' a successful, hot commodity coach like Buzz is just not an end of March task. A good AD and administration should know that relationships, community, family, bonding is a 24/7, 365 days/job. Considering the amount of revenue a coach like Buzz brings into a school like Marquette, and I don't think it can be accurately measured, these white hot faces of the university, pay for themselves.
The toughest part of the task was hiring the right man for the job to begin with. Mission accomplished. Now, just don't go and f*ck it up.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
Marquette is going to do what it can to keep him

OH MY GOD! Is Buzz leaving??

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »
He isn't staying forever, Forever.  No one does anymore.  Enjoy the ride, and hope he's here for 10 to 15.  Longest run of a coach at MU since Al has been 9 years.  I'd love to get Buzz to 10 at a minimum, but our history has shown that to be a challenge.

The treachery....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »
LW Quote:  "We love having him here at Marquette. It's expected when you win to have your coaches name come up for other jobs, we hope we can keep him."

Well, heavens to Betsy.

Ahhhhhhh .. love the off-season forum topics.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »
He isn't staying forever, Forever.  No one does anymore.  Enjoy the ride, and hope he's here for 10 to 15.  Longest run of a coach at MU since Al has been 9 years.  I'd love to get Buzz to 10 at a minimum, but our history has shown that to be a challenge.

The treachery....

Treason is Treachery

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »

The treachery....

I get that. Were he to leave now, would validate the alleged friction and messin' with happy between Buzz and the administration. It wouldn't be for a better paycheck or job.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
But, but, but ... he didn't say we REALLY, REALLY want to keep Buzz at Marquette.
And only listed Buzz as "one" of the best young coaches in the game. Why not "The" best?
And what does Buzz's age have to do with it? He's a great coach period!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
LW doesn't get much leeway after buzz leaked the SMU embarrassment through IWB.   We hope we keep him isn't exactly the assertive tone you want.  But actions speak much louder than words so I don't really care about that.  Pilarz and LW need to be assertive and aggressive in their actions.  This is when u find out what your ad is made of this is showtime.  We have two minor leaguers in pilarz and lw. Hopefully they're now ready for the big leagues and the competition.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
Seriously, did some people learn nothing from last year?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »
LW doesn't get much leeway after buzz leaked the SMU embarrassment through IWB.   We hope we keep him isn't exactly the assertive tone you want.  But actions speak much louder than words so I don't really care about that.  Pilarz and LW need to be assertive and aggressive in their actions.  This is when u find out what your ad is made of this is showtime.  We have two minor leaguers in pilarz and lw. Hopefully they're now ready for the big leagues and the competition.

Yeah, the way MU handled the Old Big East breakup/New Big East formation totally reeks of minor league administrators at the helm.
You've been spewing the same drivel for more than a year now, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Charming, though, that you think guys who came up through the ranks at Georgetown and Notre Dame, respectively, are minor leaguers.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
What is "The Dodds Board" and can u post a link?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »
LW Quote:  "We love having him here at Marquette. It's expected when you win to have your coaches name come up for other jobs, we hope we can keep him."

I've might be missing a word or two in that, but that's 98% correct word for word.

Anyone who has Time Warner Cable can go to channel 411 and go to the 10pm newscast on TMJ4 and fast forward to sports to see it.

I thought LW had very nice things to say about Buzz, things I've not heard him say untill last night.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:44:34 AM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
Yeah, the way MU handled the Old Big East breakup/New Big East formation totally reeks of minor league administrators at the helm.
You've been spewing the same drivel for more than a year now, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Charming, though, that you think guys who came up through the ranks at Georgetown and Notre Dame, respectively, are minor leaguers.

Please tell me which part is inaccurate.  They came from Portland and Scranton respectfully.  Every AD stated they led in realignment. I know Seton Hall's and St. John's ad Said they were leading the charge as well.  LW ultimately faces his toughest test now and I get some people want to provide cover and some blame him unjustly.  But ultimately the buck stops with him, he can't be shielded from criticism if buzz leaves sans  for a few elite jobs.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
I have made peace with Buzz or any coach leaving MU.

I'd like to think that MU has created such an environment that BKB is #1.

That said, I wonder if Dodds is just driving traffic to his site with a comment any AD would make after an Elite 8 run.
SS Marquette

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »
LW needs to shut his mouth and go into hiding.  We're hearing way too much from this guy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:03:49 PM by Groin_pull »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
Please tell me which part is inaccurate.  They came from Portland and Scranton respectfully.  Every AD stated they led in realignment. I know Seton Hall's and St. John's ad Said they were leading the charge as well.  LW ultimately faces his toughest test now and I get some people want to provide cover and some blame him unjustly.  But ultimately the buck stops with him, he can't be shielded from criticism if buzz leaves sans  for a few elite jobs.

First, you mention their most recent jobs while ignoring where they received their training. I suspect that's because you know if you did you'd have to abandon your silly "minor league" script. Sucks when facts get in the way.

Second, the way MU has dealt with conference realignment indicates the people in charge are anything but minor leaguers. MU came out of this with the best possible situation and a significant revenue uptick. And, in the process, they exerted enough influence over the process to get one of their chosen schools - Creighton - included over at least one option reportedly preferred by other C7 members. Maybe they just got lucky riding DePau'ls coattails?

Third, could you point me in the direction of a link containing comments from the Seton Hall or St. John's AD stating they led in realignment? Or anything at all supporting your claim that they've done so?

Fourth, doesn't the fact that Buzz reportedly has shown no interest to any of the major job openings this month indicate LW and SP are doing well enough to keep him happy?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
So this year it's going to be Nagasaki? ::)
Goal is National Championship

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
What is "The Dodds Board" and can u post a link?

Its the other MU board/forum. Its the one run through scout. Google marquette messageboards and it should be the first or second link

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »
I do agree with 4ever that keeping people happy is a full time job that needs to be done everyday of the year. If, and I say if, Buzz were to leave it would nothing to do with money IMO. Let's hope it was an effort by LW to show his support for Buzz and all is well.