[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: My good friend who also enjoys Stanford on Robin's actions  (Read 2221 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
My good friend who also enjoys Stanford on Robin's actions
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:40:40 AM »
So after the game on Saturday, I pretty much turned off my phone so I didn't have to receive text message after text message from friends who are Bucky fans.  They know who I bleed for, they know how much it means for me, and no way they would let this one go, since I still don't let December 8th go (have a hard time listening to Badger fans say they are the best team in WI, we settled that back then, at their house).  Anyways, I have one good friend for the better part of my college career, which is quickly becoming way too long, and I ran into him on campus.  We stopped and talked about the game, and he felt bad for me.  He really feels that Marquette exceeded his expectations, he thought Stanford was going to roll over us, due to their size and discipline.  Which then brought on the next point, of the discipline of Robin Lopez.  He says that this isn't a normal thing for Robin to do.  He doesn't bark all game long and constantly knock the ball out of players hands and throw it in the media section.  He actually was quite upset, since not much of the country get to see Stanford play, due to time zones, and this is an excellent opportunity on a national scale.  He also is upset that Trent Johnson and Robin Lopez are the main topics, instead of the incredible game that was played.  Although it is tough for us, that is an instant classic, the best game of the tournament so far. 

I know it is beating a dead horse by now on this forum about Robin Lopez, but I was just letting some people on here know what a fan of the Cardinal said about Robin Lopez, and his actions.  Too bad he had to act like a douche on national TV, and got away with it, and won the game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

ecompt

• All American
Re: My good friend who also enjoys Stanford on Robin's actions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:22:57 AM »
what the refs should have done is tell him to stop the trash talking and taunting early on, then hit him with a T the next time he did it. When Trent picked up his technical, TC immediately pulled him from the game. I realize there is no way Lopez was being yanked, but the refs could have toned down his act early. He is a punk, pure and simple, and I hope he never wins another game, collegiate or otherwise. 

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »
Too bad nobody else will side with your friend.  If he's such a "classy" player he probably wouldn't have been a jag off on national TV in a very meaningful game...

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Since I am a College BB addict....
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 09:31:18 AM »
I watched alot of Stanford games.  I was first confused on which Lopez was Brooke and which was Robin.  My loving wife gave me a wonderful remembering tool (B for BuzzCut, R for Raggedy Ann)....But I digress.

In most games, Robin would be quite the prick, and Brooke would be the calm one, oftentimes helping up the opposing player.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »
Maybe I'm immune to a lot of this but I didn't see anything wrong with either Lopez during our game. Their coach got tossed, they were playing a very good opponent, and it was an NCAA Tournament game. Of course they would get emotional.

Are most people basing their bashing of Robin off the double technical jawing with Trend? If so, have people read what Trend supposedly said to Robin? I'd have the same reaction if I was Robin Lopez.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 10:47:50 AM »
The better player was the calm one, which is usually the case....its the morons who have to act like children are usually the mediocre players on the team.....see david cubillan.

I was watching the game at a bar in MN and everyone was rooting for Marquette mainly because of side show bob.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »
It just wasn't the double technical foul with trend.  At least after 3 made Stanford baskets, maybe more, Ms. Lopez either jaw'ed at an MU player, slapped the ball out of an MU player's hand, or knocked the ball into the cheerleader section...

I love the comparison's to Joakim Noah...and we all know how he is doing in the association.  This guy is a bust waiting to happen

Norm

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
OK, what did Trend supposedly say to Lopez in the double T situation?

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
"When I got fouled on the dunk, he actually told me, 'You ain't getting anything in here tonight.' And I said, 'Please, I've been getting everything in here tonight,'" Robin said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney08/columns/story?id=3307245

augoman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
I'd like to hear Trend's version; bet it differs a bit!

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 03:00:09 PM »
Blackledge could have very well said that.  Of course, his line was well after a dunk and foul by R. Lopez where he screamed "yeah!" about two inches away from Fitzgerald's face.  Anyone remember that one?  A bet Fitzgerald knows what Lopez ate before the game.   :o