[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Show your love and support for Oozie  (Read 1749 times)

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
Show your love and support for Oozie
« on: March 25, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »

After four tremendous years at Marquette, it is finally time to bid adeaux to Mr. Barro but he will forever last in our hearts as one of the fiercest & classiest competitors in MU history. For those of you who know or ever met Oooze, he is a tremendous guy who always stopped to say hello and was as genuine as they come.  I think few people realize just how hard he worked to get where he is; both on the court and in the classroom and that progress is truly amazing.  We will miss you Oooze. Please show your love/ or experiences in meeting/dealing with this gentle giant.   

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Show your love and support for Oozie
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:31:51 PM »
Ooze will always be one of my favorites.  We will miss him next season as Trevor is rehabbing, Otule will be brand new and Burke is what he is.  Hopefully that threesome can hold the fort for MU.  Kudos to Ousmane for a nice career overcoming the lack of prior experience and coming into a new country and learning the language and poised to graduate in 4 years in May!  Not an easy task.  Kudos to a fine young man and best of wishes in his future endeavors.

kira67

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 03:02:54 AM »
I thnik he'll have a great career in Europe!

swimmer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09:35 AM »
Thanks Ooze for four years of hard work.  It broke my heart to see that picture of him alone on the bench staring off into nowhere after the Stanford game.  I'm sure there were a lot of times in his years since coming to the U.S. when he felt alone or homesick, but the basketball program and the MU family provided structure and support.  Seeing it come to an end and facing a new stage of his life in a foreign country has to be difficult.  But Ooze will leave with a great education and the potential to see the world and make good money playing basketball.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
I had the pleasure of sharing some drinks with Trend, Ous and MO last night after the all american game. Let me tell you this, you will not find any better guys then those guys. They are incredible nice guys. Ous always has a smile on his face and does not shy away from talking to you. The same goes for Trend. We had a great talk about high school basketball as we are from two cities that are close to each other and we talked about his future. I asked what his plans were, his answer..... "europe".

No matter where those two go, they will be met with great success as they have developed their skills and their maturity during their time at MU and the school should be proud to have those guys forever representing the school and the program.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »
Although his freshman and sophomore year left me scratching my head a few times... Ooze has become a favorite of mine, and he is the only player that accepted my facebook request as a friend, hes a top notch person in my book!
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

feedback