Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsins Class of 2018  (Read 14595 times)

MuFan87

• Walk-On
Wisconsins Class of 2018
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:54:52 AM »
Our states 2018 class is loaded with talent, I think MU needs to go after a couple of these guys... Jordan Mccabe, Tyler Herro, Jack Plumb, Keshawn Justice, Tyrese Haliburton, Carlos Curtis, Keontae White, Bryce Miller, Derek Sabin, Owen Thuene, John Diener, Jack Brady, Quincy Minor, Brunard Williams, Conley Malone, JT Petrie, Preston Maccoux, James Ringo,  Max Fernholz, and in my opinion, the top recruit of 2018, Joey Hauser.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Wisconsins Class of 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
Hauser and Diener.

Continue the Tradition.
SS Marquette

MuFan87

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
That would be great to get both of those guys in the blue and gold

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »
Our states 2018 class is loaded with talent, I think MU needs to go after a couple of these guys... Jordan Mccabe, Tyler Herro, Jack Plumb, Keshawn Justice, Tyrese Haliburton, Carlos Curtis, Keontae White, Bryce Miller, Derek Sabin, Owen Thuene, John Diener, Jack Brady, Quincy Minor, Brunard Williams, Conley Malone, JT Petrie, Preston Maccoux, James Ringo,  Max Fernholz, and in my opinion, the top recruit of 2018, Joey Hauser.

20 guys.  How many of them are realistically high major guys?  How many are names you just threw out there that have almost no chance of drawing MU's interest?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 06:33:16 AM »
Never mind 2017 and 2018. We need a long range plan for 2025!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:48 AM »
20 guys.  How many of them are realistically high major guys?  How many are names you just threw out there that have almost no chance of drawing MU's interest?

Seriously. These are what? Sophomores? Still years of injuries, getting off distracted with HS parties and ladies, not growing as much as expected, and not developing as much as expected. None of them are in the ESPN top 25 for that year either.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
How many are names you just threw out there that have almost no chance of drawing MU's interest?
Most of them.
Joey Hauser, definitely.
Herro, possibly.
Plumb, if he grows a few more inches (he's been 6' 6"ish for a few years now - used to totally dominate, now not as much). Fritz Shurmur's grandson.
Justice, overlooked compared to the above, but great size for a wing and seems to be still growing. He will be a D1 somewhere.
Haliburton, same as Justice in point guard. So skinny, still shoots from hip, but nice size and good kid.
Carlos Curtis, definition of competitor, junkyard dog. Not as polished, but he will be MKE city player of year as senior. Overshadowed at Riverside by group one year older.
Deiner is an enigma. Definition of doesn't play well with others. Don't think he is playing AAU this summer. His dad coaches, he shoots all the time. Kid is talented, but . . .

The rest of the list will be good high school players. Brunard Williams used to be "Big Brunard" and a star in the class when he was 6' 3" in 7th grade. He's still 6' 3". Preston Maccoux has MU ties -- his dad is the MUBB Men's team physician. He's a tall shooter who will be a good hs player, but slow-footed.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »
None of them are in the ESPN top 25 for that year either.

And even those 25 kids might have already peaked as far as development goes.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »
Most of them.
Joey Hauser, definitely.
Herro, possibly.
Plumb, if he grows a few more inches (he's been 6' 6"ish for a few years now - used to totally dominate, now not as much). Fritz Shurmur's grandson.
Justice, overlooked compared to the above, but great size for a wing and seems to be still growing. He will be a D1 somewhere.
Haliburton, same as Justice in point guard. So skinny, still shoots from hip, but nice size and good kid.
Carlos Curtis, definition of competitor, junkyard dog. Not as polished, but he will be MKE city player of year as senior. Overshadowed at Riverside by group one year older.
Deiner is an enigma. Definition of doesn't play well with others. Don't think he is playing AAU this summer. His dad coaches, he shoots all the time. Kid is talented, but . . .

The rest of the list will be good high school players. Brunard Williams used to be "Big Brunard" and a star in the class when he was 6' 3" in 7th grade. He's still 6' 3". Preston Maccoux has MU ties -- his dad is the MUBB Men's team physician. He's a tall shooter who will be a good hs player, but slow-footed.

Many thanks.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
And even those 25 kids might have already peaked as far as development goes.

I know you're being a sarcastic a$$ but quite frankly I don't think it'd be the first time a kid at that age suddenly disappeared off the recruiting rankings.
Maigh Eo for Sam

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 09:12:57 AM »
I know you're being a sarcastic a$$ but quite frankly I don't think it'd be the first time a kid at that age suddenly disappeared off the recruiting rankings.
I think Jamil Wilson was a top 10 player at that age. He was a very good player, but not to the level you would of thought he become.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 11:16:17 AM »
Expect a Drake offer for Herro in the next couple days. He is the one that is climbing in 2018. He is the shooting guard, McCabe is point on Playground Warriors. He is still growing (long and lanky) and a true 15 year-old playing in 15U. He works his butt off. I would bet on this kid. He could get to Marquette level offers.

Herro had teamed up with McCabe two years ago. Not the best fit because Herro was a point as well, but his dad wanted him at the 2. Two pretty big personalities and ball dominant players. They didn't play together last year. Herro reluctantly teamed with MCcabe again this year. They had to decide who to hitch their post to. Herro's teammate the years previously was Haliburton from Oshkosh. Haliburton and McCabe definitely could not exist on the same team. Herro (and his teammate Plumb who has offers from UWGB and UWM) are good friends with Haliburton, but they had to make a tough decision this year. They teamed up with McCabe because he has the hype going full throttle and they knew his profile would mean that they too would be seen. Haliburton stayed on WI United (their former team).  It will be interesting to see where it goes next year. The "play" worked well for Herro as he is now firmly on the map and getting offers.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »
Expect a Drake offer for Herro in the next couple days. He is the one that is climbing in 2018. He is the shooting guard, McCabe is point on Playground Warriors. He is still growing (long and lanky) and a true 15 year-old playing in 15U. He works his butt off. I would bet on this kid. He could get to Marquette level offers.

Herro had teamed up with McCabe two years ago. Not the best fit because Herro was a point as well, but his dad wanted him at the 2. Two pretty big personalities and ball dominant players. They didn't play together last year. Herro reluctantly teamed with MCcabe again this year. They had to decide who to hitch their post to. Herro's teammate the years previously was Haliburton from Oshkosh. Haliburton and McCabe definitely could not exist on the same team. Herro (and his teammate Plumb who has offers from UWGB and UWM) are good friends with Haliburton, but they had to make a tough decision this year. They teamed up with McCabe because he has the hype going full throttle and they knew his profile would mean that they too would be seen. Haliburton stayed on WI United (their former team).  It will be interesting to see where it goes next year. The "play" worked well for Herro as he is now firmly on the map and getting offers.

Kind of amazing to me that kids that young in AAU ball need to strategize on players strengths with teammates. I would think it would be a more "let them ball" scenario and dominate players always find a role.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Still years of...getting off

Isn't this the Austin Grandstaff model for hardwood success?

Death on call

MuFan87

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »
I also forgot about Mitch Listau and Mason Steffen from waunakee.They both received offers from UWM earlier this week.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:46 PM »

Herro got a BEast offer today... definitely one to track.

(DePaul was the offer)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »
Good thing the Hauser kid is a legacy!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 11:05:51 PM »
Herro got a BEast offer today... definitely one to track.

(DePaul was the offer)
Just got back from watching Herro in summer league tonight. He had to have 18 points in the first 5 minutes of the game. Literally did not miss a shot until second half. I'm talking pull-up threes from deep, spin moves in the lane off of bigger defenders, mid-range, everything. Would love to see him in an MU jersey.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »
Isn't this the Austin Grandstaff model for hardwood success?
It is all good when you have a hardwoody.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
Just got back from watching Herro in summer league tonight. He had to have 18 points in the first 5 minutes of the game. Literally did not miss a shot until second half. I'm talking pull-up threes from deep, spin moves in the lane off of bigger defenders, mid-range, everything. Would love to see him in an MU jersey.

Herro is a solid player definitely D1, but aren't we trying to get to where Wisconsin is with back to back final fours. Recruiting guys like him will only keep this program average and out of the top 20 and a national factor. Herro is a great shooter but does not play hard on defense which is why I think Bo has not showed any interest so far. We missed out on Koenig's greatness, which was disappointing. I have only seen Herro play twice. Once against Pewaukee 2-4 4 points I believe. He stood at half court most of the second half and pouted. The other time was the opener against Howard Pulley. He had a game to forget with turnovers and poor shooting. How come we haven't offered Jordan Poole yet? He is elite for 2017.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 01:32:22 PM »
Herro is a solid player definitely D1, but aren't we trying to get to where Wisconsin is with back to back final fours. Recruiting guys like him will only keep this program average and out of the top 20 and a national factor. Herro is a great shooter but does not play hard on defense which is why I think Bo has not showed any interest so far. We missed out on Koenig's greatness, which was disappointing. I have only seen Herro play twice. Once against Pewaukee 2-4 4 points I believe. He stood at half court most of the second half and pouted. The other time was the opener against Howard Pulley. He had a game to forget with turnovers and poor shooting. How come we haven't offered Jordan Poole yet? He is elite for 2017.
You might be right, but I've watched this kid since 4th grade and while he definitely has an attitude/swagger about him, he is a winner. I too watched the Howard Pulley first game and he did not play well, but I've also watched him more than hold his own against guys like Kezo Brown (top recruit from Chicago Simeon). Probably unlike you, I think he will be an ESPN 100 guy. He literally willed his teams state championships through the junior levels. And while some might say who cares about middle school, it was something a kid like Joey Hauser wasn't able to do, and he was/is a great player at the junior levels. And that is the point I'm trying to make about Herro, it doesn't matter if you know what he is doing, or if you triple-team him — when he is engaged, he gets it done, he wins. That is an intangible that I personally really value.

Above all, I don't know of a kid that works harder than Herro. From a defensive standpoint, I think he is just growing into his body. He looks to be 6' 3" and is still lean. I would say Poole is of similar size although I haven't seen him since April. Poole still shoots it from the hip, but definitely a sharp shooter. I have no inside knowledge that we aren't on Poole, but I find it odd to say the least. Duane Wilson's dad coaches him for Playground Elite and has for years, so it's not like there isn't familiarity. Also, Herro, McCabe and Plumb were guests of Bo last year at a WI game.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »

Missed out on Koenigs "greatness"? Did I read that right. Nothing against Koenig bc he is a good ball player but I would say he is great. Would you rather have Koenig over Duane? I sure as hell wouldn't.

brandx

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »
Missed out on Koenigs "greatness"? Did I read that right. Nothing against Koenig bc he is a good ball player but I would say he is great. Would you rather have Koenig over Duane? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I believe MU would have been a better team with Koenig last year.

As to which I would rather have this year, I think it is probably a toss up, maybe slight edge to Koenig because he is a PG.

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 02:34:38 PM »
You might be right, but I've watched this kid since 4th grade and while he definitely has an attitude/swagger about him, he is a winner. I too watched the Howard Pulley first game and he did not play well, but I've also watched him more than hold his own against guys like Kezo Brown (top recruit from Chicago Simeon). Probably unlike you, I think he will be an ESPN 100 guy. He literally willed his teams state championships through the junior levels. And while some might say who cares about middle school, it was something a kid like Joey Hauser wasn't able to do, and he was/is a great player at the junior levels. And that is the point I'm trying to make about Herro, it doesn't matter if you know what he is doing, or if you triple-team him — when he is engaged, he gets it done, he wins. That is an intangible that I personally really value.

Above all, I don't know of a kid that works harder than Herro. From a defensive standpoint, I think he is just growing into his body. He looks to be 6' 3" and is still lean. I would say Poole is of similar size although I haven't seen him since April. Poole still shoots it from the hip, but definitely a sharp shooter. I have no inside knowledge that we aren't on Poole, but I find it odd to say the least. Duane Wilson's dad coaches him for Playground Elite and has for years, so it's not like there isn't familiarity. Also, Herro, McCabe and Plumb were guests of Bo last year at a WI game.

Don't get me wrong I think Herro is great and will play D1. Your comments above would worry me though. You say know one works harder then Herro, but in a comment above that you said when he is engaged he gets it done. Wouldn't the hardest working guy in the room always be engaged 100%? That's what bothered me in Pewaukee game he just stopped playing and they lost bad. Go 2-20 versus 0-2 if you are your teams best player. Defense is about desire not growing into you body. I also wouldn't put that much stock in junior level. They played in the small school bracket, there is no inner city kids playing in that tourney, and he had Alexopoulos who played bigger then Herro in a lot of those games. If Alexopoulos can get healthy and stay healthy his story might be special.

Was anyone else throwing up after seeing two Badgers go in the first round? I saw Dekker's twitter pic before the draft of him and his platinum GF. Kids see this stuff and in their immature minds I bet they think if I go to Wisconsin I can go to NBA and have the dream life. I think Wojo has an uphill battle but I bleed MU Hoops.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:24 PM »
I think Wojo has an uphill battle but I bleed MU Hoops.

Right......

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 03:02:32 PM »
I believe MU would have been a better team with Koenig last year.

As to which I would rather have this year, I think it is probably a toss up, maybe slight edge to Koenig because he is a PG.
I am not going to get in the argument about which one is better. However, I am very interested in seeing how good Hayes and Koenig are when they become the focus of the other team's defense. There is a big difference between being the key offensive guy or being the players that benefit from the defense keying on Kaminsky and Dekker.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:25:17 PM by bilsu »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »
I also wouldn't put that much stock in junior level. They played in the small school bracket, there is no inner city kids playing in that tourney, and he had Alexopoulos who played bigger then Herro in a lot of those games. If Alexopoulos can get healthy and stay healthy his story might be special
Agree to disagree. They played Div 2 - by the way, which is not the small school bracket. They beat the Div. 1 champs frequently which was Franklin (with Deiner) and were pretty much the best team in state consistently, regardless of class. Alexopolous is a good complementary player to Herro, but not even in the ballpark of total package. His running mate right now is Kevion Taylor, who looks to be a pretty nice player as well. My comment on "when he is engaged" has to do with when he is playing in summer league with guys who are so far behind him. I don't think he's perfect by any means but you can see the frustration when kids aren't keeping up and committing the same mistakes over and over again. Probably not the best leader, but a winner. And there are no city kids in 2018 who are comparable, or even close quite frankly. Perhaps Carlos Curtis from Riverside, but I still think that is a stretch.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 07:32:26 AM »

We're seeing the world through cheese colored glasses again!

Wisconsin -- if it doesn't happen in-state, it's not important!