[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Barney's home for sale.  (Read 71039 times)

Badgerhater

• All American
Re: Barney's home for sale.
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
An ironic quote....  Not that being a badgerhater is a bad thing.

As mentioned in a previous thread, Badgerhater is my last name.  ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »
I honestly didn't know we had so many guys here with the interior decorating deft touch. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »
I honestly didn't know we had so many guys here with the interior decorating deft touch. 

HGTV is filling the void of college basketball on the DVR of scoopers
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:40 PM »
I would have guessed that you guys would have loved this place.  It's basically a 17,000-square-foot Man Cave.
Have some patience, FFS.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2014, 12:24:06 PM »
I love the internet, in 2 minutes determined the listing agent has 2 months of experience, not exactly the experience I would have looked for to move a 2.3M house.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2014, 01:02:44 PM »
My source told the story of being seated next to Mrs. Bazz and their children on a flight back from FL a few weeks ago, the family still lives in that house until the kids finish school.

And all 5 were wearing VT garb on a flight to MKE.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
13,000 sq. ft.
7 bedrooms
6 bathrooms

How did he last 5 years in that hovel?

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2014, 01:08:06 PM »
Is Wainwright still living in the outbuilding and maintaining the grounds?

That visual just struck me as every Scooby Doo villain ever.

"The real ghost is...
[removes headpiece]
Old man Wainwright?!"
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

The Process

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2014, 01:15:13 PM »

I'm watching HGTV right now.
Relax. Respect the Process.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2014, 01:15:54 PM »
That visual just struck me as every Scooby Doo villain ever.

"The real ghost is...
[removes headpiece]
Old man Wainwright?!"

Post of the day. Had me laughing in class.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »

BBC for me. Some real quality television shows on there. But today I will be on FS1 cheering on the Blues from Chelsea.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
My source told the story of being seated next to Mrs. Bazz and their children on a flight back from FL a few weeks ago, the family still lives in that house until the kids finish school.

But did your Source Respect the Process?
Relax. Respect the Process.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2014, 01:32:49 PM »
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Well, maybe I am Judging.  I think of it more of not understanding how "living large" can align with one's professed Christian beliefs.  I read the bible different them some, and yes different than the mega church pastors flying around on private jets.  

But, I know I am in the minority, in that I see moral and ethical issues with how we spend our money and consume resources.  To me, how we spend does in fact have an ethical and moral component, especially when it involves consuming a tremendous amount of resources at a price to our fellow humans and future generations.  I have my vices, and even though I try to live "simply" I live too well and too Western/American.  So, maybe I am judging and a hypocrite as well...?

I am very thankful for the introduction to basic Buddhist/Jesuit philosophies at a young age that allowed me to see the disconnect between our Western thinking of consumption (and linking possessing things to happiness.... or if I just had this much or that I'd be happy and have enough) and where true happiness is found.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2014, 01:39:52 PM »
Well, maybe I am Judging.  I think of it more of not understanding how "living large" can align with one's professed Christian beliefs.  I read the bible different them some, and yes different than the mega church pastors flying around on private jets.  

But, I know I am in the minority, in that I see moral and ethical issues with how we spend our money and consume resources.  To me, how we spend does in fact have an ethical and moral component, especially when it involves consuming a tremendous amount of resources at a price to our fellow humans and future generations.  I have my vices, and even though I try to live "simply" I live too well and too Western/American.  So, maybe I am judging and a hypocrite as well...?

I am very thankful for the introduction to basic Buddhist/Jesuit philosophies at a young age that allowed me to see the disconnect between our Western thinking of consumption (and linking possessing things to happiness.... or if I just had this much or that I'd be happy and have enough) and where true happiness is found.

Well its a good thing im an atheist, religion in general is overly complicated and really confuses me.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »

well, you know Corey was hittin up the VT spirit shop the day the deal was reached.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
See that newly poured concrete in back? That's where Larry W's remains are buried.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2014, 01:48:06 PM »
I see moral and ethical issues with how we spend our money and consume resources.  To me, how we spend does in fact have an ethical and moral component, especially when it involves consuming a tremendous amount of resources at a price to our fellow humans and future generations.

Precisely. There is an ethical and moral component to consumption. People who cannot see that are callous, crass, or merely lying to themselves.

There is a significant ethical dimension to the decision to live in 13,000 sf. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
That realtor chick is eye fu#ing the sh*& out of me.

sadly, that's not the realtor, just Shorewest's internet biscuit trying to drive traffic.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »

nicely put. 

GOO

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
Precisely. There is an ethical and moral component to consumption. People who cannot see that are callous, crass, or merely lying to themselves.

There is a significant ethical dimension to the decision to live in 13,000 sf. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
Well said.  I appreciate the support!

And, chitownwarrior2011, you can be an atheist and follow Buddhist principals as a matter of ethics and a way to live.  They actually work well together.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »
But did your Source Respect the Process?

You have my total respect The Process

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2014, 02:10:07 PM »
I love the internet, in 2 minutes determined the listing agent has 2 months of experience, not exactly the experience I would have looked for to move a 2.3M house.

it looked to me like 2 experienced broads, not the young honey on shorewest's page.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
I'm watching HGTV right now.

Is there an episode of House Hunters showing in Mequon?  A young couple looking for way more space for their growing family.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2014, 02:17:47 PM »

Communist
Goal is National Championship

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »
why spend all that time posting funny pictures on message boards - is there not some significant ethical dimension to the decision to not spend that time helping others?

so where does one draw the line?   should Buzz live in a 2000 sq ft home?   what if he lives in a 30,000 sq ft home but donates a $1M a year to charity?   or what if he lives in a 2000 sqft home and donates nothing....  is there a difference?

do you drive anything more than an entry level car?   if you don't - you must be callous, crass or lying to yourself if you think that is OK?  

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:29:49 PM by madtownwarrior »