[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 Masters Thread  (Read 16044 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2022 Masters Thread
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2022, 10:57:49 PM »
Here is an interesting article with a lot of good comments from Freddy Couples on Tiger . Also Webb Simpson says if Tiger plays he will contend as well.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33671674/fred-couples-optimistic-tiger-woods-play-masters-their-practice-round-augusta-national

Well Couples is one of Tiger's very good friends and Webb Simpson is on the record as being a big Tiger fanboy, so not exactly fair and balanced reporting there.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2022, 11:00:17 PM »
Here is an interesting article with a lot of good comments from Freddy Couples on Tiger . Also Webb Simpson says if Tiger plays he will contend as well.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33671674/fred-couples-optimistic-tiger-woods-play-masters-their-practice-round-augusta-national

What do you think they would say?

Tiger is a golf legend. No golfer is gonna go out and say "If Tiger plays this weekend I think hes gonna suck". Hell Koepka wouldnt even say that about Bryson.

Nothing interesting about that. A couple guys being positive about a golf icon. Expected.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2022, 11:24:05 PM »
Interviewer: "What do you expect from Tiger if he decides to play? Can he actually contend?"

Golfer: "That's hilarious. He can't play, and if he somehow does he'll be a joke. I hope he plays. It will be great to watch him trip over his d---."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2022, 11:29:03 PM »
At work I was told to cut footage today off Tiger’s range session for a show.

Not a practice round, a range session. I know a lot of people here poke fun at the prospect of Tiger playing but there is nobody in the history of sports who garners as much attention as Tiger has.

Maybe Ali comes close, but Tiger is so impactful. Even at 46 with a noticeable limp.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2022, 07:27:13 AM »
Interviewer: "What do you expect from Tiger if he decides to play? Can he actually contend?"

Golfer: "That's hilarious. He can't play, and if he somehow does he'll be a joke. I hope he plays. It will be great to watch him trip over his d---."

With all dem broads on his arm, itz likely Tigger has a very long johnson, orr an even thicker wallet, boychik, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2022, 07:42:04 AM »
I do not think anyone in Tiger's inner circle, guys like Freddie, are going to throw out false expectations on his game. He is one of the most guarded, protected and calculating athletes I have ever seen and tries hard to create low expectations. I would be shocked if Freddie was throwing out inflated praise three days before a major if it was not accurate. Now, if it was a practice round in Florida I could see some false praise, but not the week of The Masters.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2022, 08:54:30 AM »

With all dem broads on his arm, itz likely Tigger has a very long johnson, orr an even thicker wallet, boychik, aina?
Certain  women are attracted to Money Fame and Danger . Tiger has all three . He is notoriously cheap , by his own admission, so ……
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2022, 09:42:31 AM »
At work I was told to cut footage today off Tiger’s range session for a show.

Not a practice round, a range session. I know a lot of people here poke fun at the prospect of Tiger playing but there is nobody in the history of sports who garners as much attention as Tiger has.

Nobody is poking fun at the prospect of him playing, they are poking fun at the assumption that Tiger is going to contend/win every tournament, much less major, he enters.

I do not think anyone in Tiger's inner circle, guys like Freddie, are going to throw out false expectations on his game. He is one of the most guarded, protected and calculating athletes I have ever seen and tries hard to create low expectations. I would be shocked if Freddie was throwing out inflated praise three days before a major if it was not accurate. Now, if it was a practice round in Florida I could see some false praise, but not the week of The Masters.

Nobody is putting out false expectations.  Couples is just complimenting his good friend. In fluff comments prior to his grand return from injury to the Masters.  This isn't 2005.  Nobody is keeping Tiger info close to the vest to throw off his competition.

But sure, if you think a limping broken close to 50 Tiger is going to magically dominate Augusta, then put on your red polo and be a giddy fan boy.  I guess the rest of us are just biased haters.

Feels like 2020 when Tiger was 3 back after Thursday and everyone said it was over. BACK TO BACK BABY ITS COMING.  And he finished 20 shots back.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2022, 11:45:14 AM »
Nobody is poking fun at the prospect of him playing, they are poking fun at the assumption that Tiger is going to contend/win every tournament, much less major, he enters.

Nobody is putting out false expectations.  Couples is just complimenting his good friend. In fluff comments prior to his grand return from injury to the Masters.  This isn't 2005.  Nobody is keeping Tiger info close to the vest to throw off his competition.

But sure, if you think a limping broken close to 50 Tiger is going to magically dominate Augusta, then put on your red polo and be a giddy fan boy.  I guess the rest of us are just biased haters.

Feels like 2020 when Tiger was 3 back after Thursday and everyone said it was over. BACK TO BACK BABY ITS COMING.  And he finished 20 shots back.

Realistically, just teeing it up is a win as far as I’m concerned and I’m a cat fan.

Making the cut would be even more wild than I could have imagined entering the year.

Contending is the stuff of dreams and Hogan but anyone expecting it because he’s Tiger must not remember his first comeback in 2010 and then 2018.  He doesn’t just show up after not playing comepetive golf for 18 months and instantly contend
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »
Rico

I am with you on expectations. Him playing is a win and making the cut is a bigger win. My earlier post had nothing to do with Tiger and his team trying to create a competitive advantage, but rather, they likely do not want any crazy expectations being thrown out there. IMO, Freddie saying he could possibly contend was surprising to me. Tiger always seems to set the bar of outperform, but who knows.

I will follow some of Wags advice and definitely will be an interested fan boy. Now, if he plays well, I could turn a bit giddy watching on the weekend.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2022, 12:11:22 PM »
My two picks are:

Cameron Smith
Tony Finau (,just a gut feeling)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2022, 12:30:16 PM »
Rico

I am with you on expectations. Him playing is a win and making the cut is a bigger win. My earlier post had nothing to do with Tiger and his team trying to create a competitive advantage, but rather, they likely do not want any crazy expectations being thrown out there. IMO, Freddie saying he could possibly contend was surprising to me. Tiger always seems to set the bar of outperform, but who knows.

I will follow some of Wags advice and definitely will be an interested fan boy. Now, if he plays well, I could turn a bit giddy watching on the weekend.

If he gets into contention, the haters are going to need to find a cave to avoid Tiger mania

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2022, 05:59:23 PM »
What kind of rental car y’all think he’ll be cruising in with?

Something sturdy and can take a good walloping…maybe one of those 1970’s caddylacs? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »
Rory says he feels less pressure to win The Masters this year
https://nypost.com/2022/04/05/rory-mcilroy-feeling-less-pressure-to-win-masters-grand-slam/
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2022, 08:15:33 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2022, 08:56:23 AM »
Some comments from Rory on Tiger . Loves that he is in the tournament .Basically says the game is there but can Tiger walk 72 holes

https://news.yahoo.com/rory-mcilroy-praises-tiger-woods-121250362.html
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2022, 07:36:27 AM »
Thunderstorms this morning delayed the start by 30 minutes . If the greens are soft  Tiger could get some early birdies
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2022, 07:49:53 AM »
Huh ... the rumors I heard turned out to be true ... there's more than 1 golfer participating in the Masters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2022, 08:12:59 AM »
Thunderstorms this morning delayed the start by 30 minutes . If the greens are soft  Tiger could get some early birdies

Probably no one else.  Just give him the green jacket

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »
Tiger poofed his first drive.  Stick a fork in him

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2022, 10:20:59 AM »
Tiger poofed his first drive.  Stick a fork in him

Lol

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2022, 11:35:22 AM »
Tiger stuck it close on 6. Start measuring for The Jacket. 
            ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2022, 12:13:17 PM »
I have to say, this is a much better start than I expected. The true test will be as he puts more stress on the leg. However, there’s been a number of majors where he’s already put himself in a hole by this point.