collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384462 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3425 on: August 12, 2021, 06:16:51 PM »
I think the six months item is for the vulnerable/compromised.  For example they are finding that those that are treated with many common arthritis medications did not get as big of a boost from the second shot as others. 

I’ve seen someone describe this as potentially dosing learning versus needing a regular ‘boost’.  But who knows yet since we are in the middle of learning. 

Also it comes down to what is your goal for prevention which didn’t seem important 9 months ago but is now (infection or severe infection, etc).

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3426 on: August 12, 2021, 06:25:07 PM »
While we are preoccupied with the efficacy news, this article puts it in perspective. 99.5+% of the recent new positives are among the non-fully vaccinated, and few are in the hospital or have died who are fully vaxed.

Before boosters, get the under 12 trials done (some pediatrician groups are saying a four month trial can be safely reduced to two).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-12/how-vaccines-are-affecting-california-covid-19-case-rates%3f_amp=true

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3427 on: August 12, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »
only 27% of young Black New Yorkers are vaccinated.  I guess blame for the reemergence isn't just confined to the MAGA and Q idiots. Real Horseshow Effect here too with the comments.

“Since when does America give anything good to Black people first?” said the activist, Hawk Newsome, a 44-year-old Black Lives Matter leader who is unvaccinated.

“They’re experimenting on us,” said Knya White, 21, of Canarsie, Brooklyn, a predominantly Black neighborhood.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/12/nyregion/covid-vaccine-black-young-new-yorkers.html

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3428 on: August 12, 2021, 07:04:09 PM »
only 27% of young Black New Yorkers are vaccinated.  I guess blame for the reemergence isn't just confined to the MAGA and Q idiots. Real Horseshow Effect here too with the comments.

“Since when does America give anything good to Black people first?” said the activist, Hawk Newsome, a 44-year-old Black Lives Matter leader who is unvaccinated.

“They’re experimenting on us,” said Knya White, 21, of Canarsie, Brooklyn, a predominantly Black neighborhood.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/12/nyregion/covid-vaccine-black-young-new-yorkers.html

That sucks. I wish it weren't the case.

But again, nationwide, white evangelicals are the most resistant group. And again, Republicans, especially those who consider themselves Trump followers, are far less likely to be vaccinated than Independents or Democrats. Which is especially crazy because their hero has been vaccinated and, after some prodding, he did finally urge his followers to get the vaccine that he actually worked to bring to fruition.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3429 on: August 12, 2021, 07:25:45 PM »
I wonder if Mike goes more than 4 hours without posting a "mad king", "their/your hero", "treasonous traitors" or some other catchy Trump supporter alliteration, or the like...if he starts to get the shakes  ?-(

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3430 on: August 12, 2021, 07:38:55 PM »
I wonder if Mike goes more than 4 hours without posting a "mad king", "their/your hero", "treasonous traitors" or some other catchy Trump supporter alliteration, or the like...if he starts to get the shakes  ?-(

I could use a shake. There's a place near us that makes great peanut butter shakes!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3431 on: August 12, 2021, 07:50:03 PM »

seriously and did he forget(evidently) that #45 was the one who pushed operation warp speed??  the development of multiple vaccines!! from which came 2, maybe 3 depending on who's counting.  the feat that all the "experts" said couldn't be done??  while the "others" were saying they wouldn't get it because #45 was behind it, they didn't trust it, etc etc

"Also it comes down to what is your goal for prevention which didn’t seem important 9 months ago but is now (infection or severe infection, etc)."

i am assuming you don't mean me personally.  we, as a world, need to come down hard on china.  speaking of reparations, this was nasty evil.  now the cover up is as bad as the crime.  this cannot happen again. china could have prevented this from becoming a pandemic
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3432 on: August 12, 2021, 08:05:19 PM »
seriously and did he forget(evidently) that #45 was the one who pushed operation warp speed??  the development of multiple vaccines!! from which came 2, maybe 3 depending on who's counting.  the feat that all the "experts" said couldn't be done??  while the "others" were saying they wouldn't get it because #45 was behind it, they didn't trust it, etc etc

"Also it comes down to what is your goal for prevention which didn’t seem important 9 months ago but is now (infection or severe infection, etc)."

i am assuming you don't mean me personally.  we, as a world, need to come down hard on china.  speaking of reparations, this was nasty evil.  now the cover up is as bad as the crime.  this cannot happen again. china could have prevented this from becoming a pandemic

Vaccines don’t really do much good if a significant portion of the population won’t take them and businesses are disincentivized from mandating them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3433 on: August 12, 2021, 08:18:43 PM »
Vaccines don’t really do much good if a significant portion of the population won’t take them and businesses are disincentivized from mandating them.

this is news to me, but i'm all ears here.  what about those who've already had and recovered?  what's significant?  approx 48% or 160 million have been fully vaccinated.  now add those who have had and recovered.  yes, i understand there will be some crossover.  vaccines prevent illness in many cases and diminish severity in most others. 

so back to my question-what's significant?   

• All American
« Reply #3434 on: August 12, 2021, 08:21:30 PM »
this is news to me, but i'm all ears here.  what about those who've already had and recovered?  what's significant?  approx 48% or 160 million have been fully vaccinated.  now add those who have had and recovered.  yes, i understand there will be some crossover.  vaccines prevent illness in many cases and diminish severity in most others. 

so back to my question-what's significant?   

No. People who had and recovered aren’t  as protected as the vaccinated. This has been stated multiple times here, and exactly why the CDC is recommending vaccination.

Significant is a lot more than we have now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3435 on: August 12, 2021, 08:54:11 PM »
No. People who had and recovered aren’t  as protected as the vaccinated. This has been stated multiple times here, and exactly why the CDC is recommending vaccination.

Significant is a lot more than we have now.

i understand it may have been stated here multiple times-doesn't mean it is correct.  i've read natural is better, but i can agreee the jury is still out.  they don't know enough yet which is very understandable as some of what we used to think was fact has been replaced by new, updated data.  it is going to be some time before a standard will be developed

how much more?  it used to be...flatten the curve...then it became-when we get a vaccine...

• All American
« Reply #3436 on: August 12, 2021, 08:57:27 PM »
i understand it may have been stated here multiple times-doesn't mean it is correct.  i've read natural is better, but i can agreee the jury is still out.  they don't know enough yet which is very understandable as some of what we used to think was fact has been replaced by new, updated data.  it is going to be some time before a standard will be developed

how much more?  it used to be...flatten the curve...then it became-when we get a vaccine...

We haven’t flattened the curve in places like Texas and Florida. Fueled by the unvaccinated.

Anyway I trust the CDC more than a dentist using Google.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm?s_cid=mm7032e1_w

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3437 on: August 12, 2021, 09:09:44 PM »
We haven’t flattened the curve in places like Texas and Florida. Fueled by the unvaccinated.

Anyway I trust the CDC more than a dentist using Google.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm?s_cid=mm7032e1_w

i've got a degree in biology with a heavy concentration on microbio plus dental school and all the bio that included-i think i know a little bit, but i am open.  all due respect to your profession, but i think i'm a tick ahead of a college admin guy though

the cdc has shown time after time to be polluted and untrustworthy- they have made A LOT of mistakes

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3438 on: August 12, 2021, 09:17:32 PM »
i've got a degree in biology with a heavy concentration on microbio plus dental school and all the bio that included-i think i know a little bit, but i am open.  all due respect to your profession, but i think i'm a tick ahead of a college admin guy though

the cdc has shown time after time to be polluted and untrustworthy- they have made A LOT of mistakes
This must be why you've stated that we really don't need peer reviewed studies, your "health care professional" background.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3439 on: August 12, 2021, 09:25:20 PM »
Oh oh, the former guy is going to be very, very angry at his hand-picked, ramrodded through SCOTUS pick.

Coronavirus: Supreme Court’s Barrett rejects challenge to Indiana University’s vaccination mandate - as it happened
https://www.ft.com/content/0fc81133-3c8f-4b59-bc95-4ea79d5fca8f
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3440 on: August 12, 2021, 09:33:54 PM »
This must be why you've stated that we really don't need peer reviewed studies, your "health care professional" background.

i'm really sick and tired of your bullchit smith- go f@*c yourself

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3441 on: August 12, 2021, 09:54:10 PM »
i'm really sick and tired of your bullchit smith- go f@*c yourself
It's exactly what you said. I guess I am a bad, bad man for using your actual words. Very unfair of me.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3442 on: August 12, 2021, 09:56:18 PM »
Oh oh, the former guy is going to be very, very angry at his hand-picked, ramrodded through SCOTUS pick.

Coronavirus: Supreme Court’s Barrett rejects challenge to Indiana University’s vaccination mandate - as it happened

They mad.

@EmeraldRobinson:
Amy Commie Barrett.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3443 on: August 12, 2021, 10:04:43 PM »
seriously and did he forget(evidently) that #45 was the one who pushed operation warp speed??

Here is what I said:

Which is especially crazy because their hero has been vaccinated and, after some prodding, he did finally urge his followers to get the vaccine that he actually worked to bring to fruition.

I guess you don't have a degree in reading, because I literally gave your lord and master credit.

I mean, your boy totally effed up just about everything else regarding the pandemic, which is a big reason why 500K Americans died on his watch. But yes, I'm happy he found the time between playing golf, throwing superspreader rallies and fomenting insurrections to push for Operation Warp Speed.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3444 on: August 12, 2021, 10:09:37 PM »
They mad.

@EmeraldRobinson:
Amy Commie Barrett.

You expected anything reasonable from Newsmax?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3445 on: August 12, 2021, 10:21:26 PM »

Especially because she ruled the way a conservative would.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3446 on: August 12, 2021, 10:27:50 PM »
San Francisco announces strict requirements barring the unvaccinated from indoor spaces.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/12/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210812&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=66118&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa#san-francisco-announces-strict-requirements-barring-the-unvaccinated-from-indoor-spaces

San Francisco leaders on Thursday unveiled some of the nation’s toughest restrictions on unvaccinated people, barring them from indoor dining, bars, nightclubs, gyms, large concerts, theaters and other events held inside. The new rules, which take effect on Aug. 20, would apply even to people who can show they have tested negative for the coronavirus.

“This is an important step towards our recovery,” Mayor London Breed said during a briefing announcing the new requirements. “We all have to do our part. We need to get vaccinated.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3447 on: August 12, 2021, 10:28:42 PM »
i've read natural is better

Surprised you're in actual dentistry then, and not just homeopathic dentistry.  Because "I've read nature is better".
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 10:31:50 PM by rocky_warrior »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3448 on: August 12, 2021, 11:08:52 PM »
San Francisco announces strict requirements barring the unvaccinated from indoor spaces.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/12/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210812&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=66118&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa#san-francisco-announces-strict-requirements-barring-the-unvaccinated-from-indoor-spaces

San Francisco leaders on Thursday unveiled some of the nation’s toughest restrictions on unvaccinated people, barring them from indoor dining, bars, nightclubs, gyms, large concerts, theaters and other events held inside. The new rules, which take effect on Aug. 20, would apply even to people who can show they have tested negative for the coronavirus.

“This is an important step towards our recovery,” Mayor London Breed said during a briefing announcing the new requirements. “We all have to do our part. We need to get vaccinated.”

However, unvaccinated and vaccinated alike are still welcomed to defecate on any and all public sidewalks

• All American
« Reply #3449 on: August 13, 2021, 08:04:35 AM »

No I am simply smart enough to realize my limitations.  That's why I leave it to experts....and you are not one.

They have made some, but they have been right WAY more than they've been wrong.  And right WAAYYY more than you've been for the past 18 months.