collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384454 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1775 on: March 06, 2021, 05:15:03 PM »
Had Trump not put the wheels of vaccine production in motion, and at the speed of light, Biden would have no vaccine to purchase and distribute at this point. Talk 'bout savin' lives, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1776 on: March 06, 2021, 05:17:31 PM »

Pretty certain states would be heavily encouraged to be open by now if Trump were in his second term and teachers would be in classrooms, where they belong.

And we’d be ‘winning’ the pandemic death toll by an even larger margin.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1777 on: March 06, 2021, 05:28:40 PM »
Had Trump not put the wheels of vaccine production in motion, and at the speed of light, Biden would have no vaccine to purchase and distribute at this point. Talk 'bout savin' lives, hey?
What exactly did he do to “put the wheels of vaccine production in motion”? Say FedEx and Walgreens will handle it all?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1778 on: March 06, 2021, 07:57:23 PM »
Again, I wonder what it’s like to live this ignorantly. As they say, ignorance is bliss.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1779 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:25 PM »
Again, I wonder what it’s like to live this ignorantly. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

When you create a hidey-hole in your head, you do things like try to have an accent on a message board.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1780 on: March 06, 2021, 09:11:09 PM »

Pretty certain states would be heavily encouraged to be open by now if Trump were in his second term and teachers would be in classrooms, where they belong. Fauci would have been chit-canned and left to write his book, for which he'll profit handsomely, from his hidey hole.

Right.

Good thing Trump lost ai’na?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1781 on: March 06, 2021, 09:12:42 PM »

Pretty certain states would be heavily encouraged to be open by now if Trump were in his second term and teachers would be in classrooms, where they belong. Fauci would have been chit-canned and left to write his book, for which he'll profit handsomely, from his hidey hole.
I agree 100% with you, its a good thing Drumpf is not in his second term. Cheers!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #1782 on: March 06, 2021, 09:12:56 PM »

Yes. Warp speed was great.  No doubt.

His plans for distribution were awful. Good thing Biden was elected to fix that.

Glad you’ve seen the light.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1783 on: March 07, 2021, 07:31:41 AM »
Informative charts on vaccination rates.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/28/960901166/how-is-the-covid-19-vaccination-campaign-going-in-your-state

We're up to 1 in 6 Americans vaccinated with at least one dose. There is a common denominator amongst all the states in the bottom quartile, I just can't quite put my finger on it...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 07:33:20 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1784 on: March 07, 2021, 07:42:24 AM »
Props to the bureau of prisons for using more than 100% of their doses. 

• All American
« Reply #1785 on: March 07, 2021, 07:47:08 AM »
Informative charts on vaccination rates.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/28/960901166/how-is-the-covid-19-vaccination-campaign-going-in-your-state

We're up to 1 in 6 Americans vaccinated with at least one dose. There is a common denominator amongst all the states in the bottom quartile, I just can't quite put my finger on it...

Even then I would like to see what these look like in a month because every state has over ten percent with the first shot.  Not sure if the end of May is realistic, but the progress is good and looks to be accelerating at this point.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1786 on: March 07, 2021, 07:47:36 AM »
Props to the bureau of prisons for using more than 100% of their doses.
They put the skills of some of their guests to good use.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1787 on: March 07, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »

Brawndo's got what plants crave.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1788 on: March 07, 2021, 08:53:11 AM »
Good. I wouldn’t want Biden (or his son) deciding how to handle a pandemic. We saw how that went over the last year, and it wasn’t good. I don’t know why you’d want him making those decisions. Unlike Trump, he’ll get out of the way and let the people who are qualified to make these decisions do their work. And that is a very good thing for this country. You want this country open. You should be thanking your lucky stars for the change in administration.

Biden did make a decision.  "I'll let the qualified people make the call and then make it happen through my office."

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1789 on: March 07, 2021, 09:46:32 AM »
Denying trumps involvement of getting the vaccine out very fast is stupid. Acting like the guy wasn't an absolute stain on the world is also stupid.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1790 on: March 07, 2021, 10:01:43 AM »
Denying trumps involvement of getting the vaccine out very fast is stupid. Acting like the guy wasn't an absolute stain on the world is also stupid.

Absolutely.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1791 on: March 07, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »

Yes.  Trump's Warp Speed was excellent.  Biden's vaccine rollout is excellent.  Overall, modern medicine and modern science are absolutely incredible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1792 on: March 09, 2021, 11:53:20 AM »
Here's a sign-up for a clearinghouse that makes sure unused vaccines (due to appointment no-shows, etc.) don't go to waste.  If they contact you, you have 15 minutes to respond, and you have 2 hours to get to the vaccination spot.

https://hidrb.com/
Have some patience, FFS.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1793 on: March 09, 2021, 12:07:30 PM »
Here's a sign-up for a clearinghouse that makes sure unused vaccines (due to appointment no-shows, etc.) don't go to waste.  If they contact you, you have 15 minutes to respond, and you have 2 hours to get to the vaccination spot.

https://hidrb.com/

👏👏 i figured it was time to get my first dose lined up this morning and was shocked at the appointment availability through Walgreens online scheduling.  At my local Walgreens there were 40 available appointments for tomorrow and hundreds available at surrounding Walgreens sites

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1794 on: March 09, 2021, 12:17:42 PM »

👏👏 i figured it was time to get my first dose lined up this morning and was shocked at the appointment availability through Walgreens online scheduling.  At my local Walgreens there were 40 available appointments for tomorrow and hundreds available at surrounding Walgreens sites

You're in a priority group?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1795 on: March 09, 2021, 12:21:13 PM »
You're in a priority group?

1A cause job.  Far from high risk which is why I’ve been waiting but given the wide open availability seems to make sense to do it now.

In my head I told myself if after logging into Walgreens there was only a handful of available appointments I would have continued to wait it out but company I work for is really starting to lean on employees to get it ASAP so here goes nothing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:23:25 PM by PaceArrow02 »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1796 on: March 09, 2021, 12:34:13 PM »
here goes nothing.

It's quick and easy.  Get the 2nd near the end of your day, that way you can sleep off the side-effects if you have them.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1797 on: March 09, 2021, 01:04:07 PM »

The amount of openings is staggering where I work. Where I live it’s a rush when Walgreens opens appointments.

I don’t shame anyone getting a vaccine if there’s appointments available the same day.

I know a volunteer working at the county, she texts her entire address book at 3p daily to find arms for vaccines.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1798 on: March 09, 2021, 01:22:41 PM »
It's quick and easy.  Get the 2nd near the end of your day, that way you can sleep off the side-effects if you have them.

👍👍

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1799 on: March 09, 2021, 01:24:41 PM »

Get my second tomorrow at 5ish. Maybe I'll take some melatonin and ibuprofen right after and just pass right out.
Maigh Eo for Sam