collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384442 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1700 on: March 03, 2021, 09:14:41 PM »
Here's a weird one: I was talking with a physician's assistant physician assistant today, and during the course of the conversation I sensed she was concerned about the vaccine.

me: So you are thinking about not getting the vaccine?
her: I'm not sure yet
me: why is that?
her: Because 7 of the 10 people I know that got the vaccine got Bell's Palsy

i wasn't quite sure how to respond to that one so I just sort of floated on to a different discussion...

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1701 on: March 03, 2021, 09:34:06 PM »
Since the 'normal' annual incidence in the US is estimated to be 15-30 per 100,000, your PA seems to know a pretty atypical group of people.
Right...unless they are all related and have a genetic pre-disposition? (I don't even know if that is a thing with Bell's). Didn't seem appropriate to really ask more questions, but struck me as highly, highly unlikely in any normal distribution.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:40:52 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1702 on: March 03, 2021, 09:35:15 PM »
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Ha ha, point taken.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1703 on: March 04, 2021, 06:32:53 AM »
Right...unless they are all related and have a genetic pre-disposition? (I don't even know if that is a thing with Bell's). Didn't seem appropriate to really ask more questions, but struck me as highly, highly unlikely in any normal distribution.

This one boils my blood a little bit.  I've heard the same thing repeated, and its from a news story from months ago written by someone who doesn't understand how data is reported.  Goooo is right as usual, the incidence is the same as it would be in a group of the general public that hadn't taken the vaccine, but you know... people don't read everything, and when stupidity is put out there like this, people pick up on it, and it goes viral faster than the truth can come out.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1704 on: March 04, 2021, 08:30:20 AM »
PSA .. interesting website for finding open vaccination appointments across the US:

https://www.vaccinespotter.org

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1705 on: March 04, 2021, 08:44:20 AM »
PSA .. interesting website for finding open vaccination appointments across the US:

https://www.vaccinespotter.org

Yeah my guess is that this is going to cause more issues than anything.  The last thing the Walgreens in Beloit needs is a bunch of people from across the state calling them saying that they saw they had an opening, when it is my understanding you can't register over the phone anyway.

Locally the stories I have heard is that the local health system's process is very smooth...and the Walgreens is lacking.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1706 on: March 04, 2021, 08:46:53 AM »
Walgreens had a huge nationwide glitch starting Sunday. Their platform is not user-friendly.
I got my second Moderna at Walgreens yesterday. So far other than some soreness at the site, I am doing okay.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1707 on: March 04, 2021, 09:00:01 AM »
As an aside .. my health dept (6 communities) .. their shot signup is via Signup Genius. 

Very high tech. /s

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1708 on: March 04, 2021, 09:09:30 AM »
Second shot scheduled.   Max antibodies.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1709 on: March 04, 2021, 09:31:37 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1710 on: March 04, 2021, 09:49:03 AM »
Props to Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds for getting the J&J vaccine at her press conference.

I have been a vocal critic of Reynolds and many other governors - mostly Republicans - who have not taken adequate steps to limit the spread of the virus. But I will give credit where credit is due; she has heard about people's reluctance to take the 'less effective' J&J vaccine, and wanted to allay those concerns by taking it herself. Kudos.

https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-receives-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine/35713906#

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1711 on: March 04, 2021, 10:39:37 AM »
I would happily take the JNJ vaccine ... or any vaccine. Please.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1712 on: March 04, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »
Nads, pretty sure someone on this board would be happy to accommodate you with a virtual vaccination, if you were to drop your drawers and bend over, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1713 on: March 04, 2021, 10:52:30 AM »
I would happily take the JNJ vaccine ... or any vaccine. Please.

http://getmyvaccine.org/
Maigh Eo for Sam

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1714 on: March 04, 2021, 11:05:25 AM »
Props to Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds for getting the J&J vaccine at her press conference.

I have been a vocal critic of Reynolds and many other governors - mostly Republicans - who have not taken adequate steps to limit the spread of the virus. But I will give credit where credit is due; she has heard about people's reluctance to take the 'less effective' J&J vaccine, and wanted to allay those concerns by taking it herself. Kudos.

https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-receives-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine/35713906#

I will take whatever Covid vaccine I can get.  But since I’m not in a priority group I feel like I’m going to have to wait quite awhile yet...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1715 on: March 04, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »
You 3 numbnuts, tell me exactly what Joe Biden has done to contribute to vaccine production and distribution.   No whataboutisms, no name calling, no references to Trump. Just tell me exactly Joe Biden has done in 6 weeks to make this happen.

Put up or shut up.
I've been waiting breathlessly on whether we numbnuts need to shut up, or whether you accept reality.  Can I get a ruling?

While I wait, here is a link about the 441 Federally supported vaccination centers the new administration has supported in its first month:https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/26/fact-sheet-441-federally-supported-community-vaccination-centers-in-first-month-of-biden-harris-administration/

And here is a story about on the FEMA supersites, this one in Philadelphia:https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/vaccine-philadelphia-fema-clinic-mass-site-federal-20210303.html
47,000 doses a week at this center alone--not bad!

Here is one about a couple of the sites in California: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/16/us/california-fema-mass-vaccination-sites/index.html

And here is one about a site in Texas that will be administering its 100,000th dose today:
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/denton-county-to-administer-100000th-covid-19-vaccination-at-texas-motor-speedway-thursday/2570263/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:12:05 PM by TSmith34 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1716 on: March 04, 2021, 12:43:58 PM »
Nads, pretty sure someone on this board would be happy to accommodate you with a virtual vaccination, if you were to drop your drawers and bend over, hey?

Ah, we're doing homophobic jokes now. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1717 on: March 04, 2021, 12:50:19 PM »
Ah, we're doing homophobic jokes now.

Cancel culture ruins everything, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1718 on: March 04, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
I will take whatever Covid vaccine I can get.  But since I’m not in a priority group I feel like I’m going to have to wait quite awhile yet...

Ditto. Even with accelerating production and the third option, I suspect my number won't come up until May.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1719 on: March 04, 2021, 02:59:14 PM »
http://getmyvaccine.org/

Thanks. Already been on that.

I just found out that SC on Monday is gonna start vaccinations for folks in the 55-64 group, and I live pretty close to the border. So hopefully I’ll get an appointment fairly soon.

I’m not trying to jump any queues. Just want a vaccine as soon as it’s my turn!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1720 on: March 04, 2021, 03:36:51 PM »
No residency requirements in SC?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1721 on: March 04, 2021, 08:25:12 PM »

Ditto. Even with accelerating production and the third option, I suspect my number won't come up until May.

I wasn't sure I'd even be able to get a vaccine until the end of the summer.  I'm not feeling real good about how distribution is going in Wisconsin especially in my county.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1722 on: March 04, 2021, 08:27:17 PM »

Yeah my guess is that this is going to cause more issues than anything.  The last thing the Walgreens in Beloit needs is a bunch of people from across the state calling them saying that they saw they had an opening, when it is my understanding you can't register over the phone anyway.

Locally the stories I have heard is that the local health system's process is very smooth...and the Walgreens is lacking.

In my area, the local health department decided to cancel all the educator appointments for this week even though they're eligible (they wanted to get more 65+ people vaccinated first).  But Walgreens was more than willing to accomodate the educators who are eligible so most teachers I know of had made appointments for Walgreens now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1723 on: March 04, 2021, 11:01:37 PM »
No residency requirements in SC?

Not according to the SC dept of health official I spoke to today.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1724 on: March 05, 2021, 01:38:09 AM »
Ok that’s interesting.
Thursday  the United Center site opening Ed its registration for appointments starting next week. From Thursday until Sunday seniors 65+ get first crack, clearly stated on the zocdoc portal on the appointment availability page. I saw reports earlier on the Chicago Vaccine Hunters FB page of people making appointments whether they were 65 or not, or recommending it to people not in that tier.
The good news is, zocdoc  has started cancelling those appointments. It was clearly stated that if you reserved without being 65 your appointment could get cancelled.
BTW if you dare bring up that people were supposed to wait, you are practically accused of wanting them dead.

feedback