[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bus from Chicago/Lakeview area to Allstate Arena January 20th  (Read 2997 times)

fjg44

• Walk-On
Bus from Chicago/Lakeview area to Allstate Arena January 20th
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »
My friends (class of 2002 if that makes a difference) and I get together for the MU vs Depaul game in Chicago every year.  We are throwing the idea around of getting enough people together to rent a bus to take us from the Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago to the Allstate Arena.  Are there any other takers?

The game is at 8pm and the bus would probably leave at 6 or 630 and I am guessing we would be back an hour after the game ends.  Obviously the more people the lower the price per person.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Bus from Chicago/Lakeview area to Allstate Arena January 20th
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »
You'll still be in the parking lot an hour after the game ends.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 02:41:35 PM »

Parking at the Target next door was never a problem for me when I lived down there. 

fjg44

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »

More time to drink on the bus.  Another reason to join us.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
You'll still be in the parking lot an hour after the game ends...beating up Chet Choppock.

/Fixed

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goatherder

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »
Parking at the Target lot is definitely a problem.  The Rosemont cops are all over it.  Rosemont makes scads of money off of parking, and they do not like anyone cutting into their supply.  Understandably, Target is not happy about it either.  So the cops patrol the Target lot before the game and ticket anyone who is heading to the game.  Not hard to spot, as they are wearing sweatshirts and the like extolling their favorite team and walking straight south. 

Better to park in the hotel lots south or north of the stadium.  The one on the other side of Touhy usually works fine, and in a hotel lot, there is no way they can check where drivers are coming from or where they are going.  Even out of state plates do not attract attention.  It is a bit of a hike, but it is worth it. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
Random question to those who have attended, I was looking at tickets today.  If I were to get an inexpensive ticket, would it be relatively easy to move down closer?  I figure the place is relatively uncrowded, I was just curious before picking out seats.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 05:44:16 PM »
Random question to those who have attended, I was looking at tickets today.  If I were to get an inexpensive ticket, would it be relatively easy to move down closer?  I figure the place is relatively uncrowded, I was just curious before picking out seats.

Allstate has always been packed for MU v DePaul games that I've been to.  Mostly with MU alumni that live in the Chicagoland area.  Moving down was out of the question at the games I attended, but then again if you buy your tickets easy the lower bowl was always cheap and relatively available.

That arena is so small though that there really aren't any seats too far from the court.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:22:13 PM »
actually the arean is quite large and pobably holds as many as the bradley center.  also be care ful when buying tickets.  look at a scheatic of the arena there are tons of really bad tickets in the corners .  try to be in the sections between the baselines as the layout is more for hockey versus the much smaller basketball court.  agreed tickets in the lower arena are hard to come by but center court in the upper deck is typically pretty available and not  abad seat

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »
Allstate has not been packed for this game for a couple of years.  Especially last year, I think the increase in ticket price really drove down attendance.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 09:29:08 AM »

Not true. Some friends and I did it years ago and it worked out really well and was a ton of fun. The bus picked us all up at a bar and took us there and back with no problems. You only end up sitting in the parking lot if your dumb ass friends can't all make it back to the bus right away.

The game was on a Saturday then so the adventure ended up being an all day affair. Avenue Commons, however, was unfortunately overserved (through NO fault of his own) and puked up the 20 High Lifes he drank that day on Lincoln Avenue in Chicago. Ah, youth.
We Are Marquette

fjg44

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
Bump...anyone else interested please let me know.