collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384453 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2450 on: April 23, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
Last night (the evening after a 12 pm 2nd dose of Moderna) I felt baked, so I ordered Jet's pizza and chocolate ice cream. It was great. I made it until 10 pm and fell asleep immediately listening to the sultry voice of Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Overnight I didn't have a fever, but my temperature control was all out of whack starting at midnight. Muscle aches and joint pain set in, which was mildly frustrating but nothing totally abnormal for a middle-aged dude. This morning I woke up and the muscle aches and swollen joints persisted, along with a serious case of foggy brain. It's about noon now, the day after the vaccine, and I'm feeling markedly better than this morning. I'm going to have soup for lunch and take it easy. Maybe eat a gummy and take a bath with Japanese mineral bath salts?

Not a bad experience overall compared to having the flu/cold, but I'm thankful I took yesterday afternoon and this morning off.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2451 on: April 23, 2021, 11:59:35 AM »
Chick and I get our second Moderna this afternoon.  Trying to be as productive as possible in the run-up as we're not sure how well we'll feel tomorrow.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2452 on: April 23, 2021, 12:32:23 PM »
Good to see that most of Scoop are getting vaccinated.

A few anti-science outliers, but less than I expected.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2453 on: April 23, 2021, 12:34:07 PM »
Good to see that most of Scoop are getting vaccinated.

A few anti-science outliers, but less than I expected.

Absolutely! Way to go, Scoopers!

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2454 on: April 23, 2021, 12:52:42 PM »
Chick and I get our second Moderna this afternoon.  Trying to be as productive as possible in the run-up as we're not sure how well we'll feel tomorrow.

Got my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday at 11am.  Wednesday was fine until about 8pm.  Thursday was definitely rougher than that.  Almost back to 100% today.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2455 on: April 23, 2021, 01:04:15 PM »
Last night (the evening after a 12 pm 2nd dose of Moderna) I felt baked, so I ordered Jet's pizza and chocolate ice cream. It was great. I made it until 10 pm and fell asleep immediately listening to the sultry voice of Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Overnight I didn't have a fever, but my temperature control was all out of whack starting at midnight. Muscle aches and joint pain set in, which was mildly frustrating but nothing totally abnormal for a middle-aged dude. This morning I woke up and the muscle aches and swollen joints persisted, along with a serious case of foggy brain.

So no reaction to the vaccine at all? Just typical post-Jet's symptoms?  ;D ;D 
But from one Jet's fan to another, glad you're feeling better already, Skat.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2456 on: April 23, 2021, 01:13:59 PM »
Glad to hear Dano and Ska are doing better.

I do think this is important:

Not a bad experience overall compared to having the flu/cold, but I'm thankful I took yesterday afternoon and this morning off.

Employers should give those recovering from the vaccine a day off with pay.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2457 on: April 23, 2021, 01:49:44 PM »
I had the first Pfizer vaccine. No issues, mild delayed temporary site soreness for a few hours. (My 91 year old relative completed both Moderna doses earlier in April and had no problems either time. Everyone else in our family/group had Pfizer, no side effects.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2458 on: April 23, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
Got my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday at 11am.  Wednesday was fine until about 8pm.  Thursday was definitely rougher than that.  Almost back to 100% today.

We're hoping to be 100% by Sunday, Monday at the latest.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2459 on: April 23, 2021, 04:01:55 PM »

Workin' the weekend?   ;D

Went to the chiropractor today for my weekly adjustment. After all.of the joint pain, had a bunch of joints in my back and neck loosen up, which is a bonus.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2460 on: April 23, 2021, 05:59:22 PM »
We're hoping to be 100% by Sunday, Monday at the latest.

Hoping you are close to 100% tonight.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2461 on: April 23, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »
Hoping you are close to 100% tonight.

:) I may need a medicinal beverage. Doctor's orders.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #2462 on: April 23, 2021, 08:10:16 PM »
Wife and I got 2nd dose of Pfizer last Saturday. I had some moderate body aches on Saturday night/Sun Morn but after a couple Tylenol i felt fine and they never returned.  Wife had a sore arm but no other side effects.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2463 on: April 23, 2021, 09:09:10 PM »
So no reaction to the vaccine at all? Just typical post-Jet's symptoms?  ;D ;D 
But from one Jet's fan to another, glad you're feeling better already, Skat.

I just had more Jet's to test this theory, lol

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2464 on: April 23, 2021, 09:14:07 PM »
Glad to hear Dano and Ska are doing better.

I do think this is important:

Employers should give those recovering from the vaccine a day off with pay.

My employer told us we didn't have to take PTO if we weren't feeling well after getting the vaccine.  I originally sent out an email saying I was going to be offline most of the day after my 2nd Pfizer dose as I wasn't feeling well.  The problem with working from home though is it's too easy to check in on things like I did when I couldn't sleep and I ended up working quite a bit that day.  But it definitely wasn't a full day that I put in and I was appreciative that they said you didn't have to take PTO.  They also said you didn't have to take PTO if you were going to get your vaccine during a work day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2465 on: April 23, 2021, 10:04:40 PM »
My employer told us we didn't have to take PTO if we weren't feeling well after getting the vaccine.  I originally sent out an email saying I was going to be offline most of the day after my 2nd Pfizer dose as I wasn't feeling well.  The problem with working from home though is it's too easy to check in on things like I did when I couldn't sleep and I ended up working quite a bit that day.  But it definitely wasn't a full day that I put in and I was appreciative that they said you didn't have to take PTO.  They also said you didn't have to take PTO if you were going to get your vaccine during a work day.

Bravo to your employer.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2466 on: April 24, 2021, 06:37:44 AM »
I get my second Pfizer vaccine today.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2467 on: April 24, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
Regarding nursing home staff not being vaccinated, that should be expected.

The three craziest Q/Trumpers I used to see on Facebookare all friends and ‘nurses’. They all work at one big nursing home between McHenry and Crystal Lake.

They all work there after previously having hospital experience. Just seemed off, so I asked a mutual friend during the pandemic as these ‘healthcare professionals’ were routinely sounding off against science.

They were all terminated from their previous jobs due for refusing to get the flu shot. A couple bounced around between locations, but they all ended up at one nursing home that doesn’t require the flu shot. Clearly won’t require the vaccine.

For those with family in homes, it’s a question worthy of asking.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2468 on: April 24, 2021, 02:49:53 PM »
Regarding nursing home staff not being vaccinated, that should be expected.

The three craziest Q/Trumpers I used to see on Facebookare all friends and ‘nurses’. They all work at one big nursing home between McHenry and Crystal Lake.

They all work there after previously having hospital experience. Just seemed off, so I asked a mutual friend during the pandemic as these ‘healthcare professionals’ were routinely sounding off against science.

They were all terminated from their previous jobs due for refusing to get the flu shot. A couple bounced around between locations, but they all ended up at one nursing home that doesn’t require the flu shot. Clearly won’t require the vaccine.

For those with family in homes, it’s a question worthy of asking.

That's a great pro-tip. It should be in the marketing for those homes, too, that there are basic safety requirements for all staff hired (got your shot, no elder-abuse history, no violent felonies, etc).

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2469 on: April 24, 2021, 07:18:58 PM »
For those who think vaccine passports will never happen, consider what the New York Yankees are currently doing:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/ballpark/health-and-safety/testing-requirements-faq

If state and local governments continue to restrict access to sporting events, teams and leagues could create demand for the development of a full vaccine passport system in an attempt to get exemptions from the restrictions.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2470 on: April 24, 2021, 07:21:51 PM »
And California baseball teams are now relaxing social distancing guidelines for certain sections were fans have provided proof of vaccination.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31317945/san-francisco-giants-los-angeles-dodgers-relax-protocols-fully-vaccinated-fans

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2471 on: April 24, 2021, 10:10:30 PM »
Just met up with 2 other couples that think covid deaths were being written down for profits, and that it's not that dangerous unless you have 2 or more comorbidities, but all were vaccinated.  Good news.

anecdotal, but we've seen it with a few posters here too.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2472 on: April 25, 2021, 01:27:06 AM »
For those who think vaccine passports will never happen, consider what the New York Yankees are currently doing:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/ballpark/health-and-safety/testing-requirements-faq

If state and local governments continue to restrict access to sporting events, teams and leagues could create demand for the development of a full vaccine passport system in an attempt to get exemptions from the restrictions.

How about people have the option. A vaccine passport, or to go to many places, you have to get a 15-min rapid test, and cannot enter til you test negative. Charge those people $50-100 for the test.

So they have the entire right to not get vaccinated, it will just end up costing them.

I'm starting to get concerned, and irritated that we will likely see COVID persist indefinitely, because people refuse to get a vaccine.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2473 on: April 25, 2021, 07:07:59 AM »
My guess is that we will see a surge in the fall.  Rates are starting to drop as people get vaccinated and the weather gets warmer.  Hopefully we will see enough vaccination to make a difference.

EDIT:  And I have noticed that people are just done.  At least here, no one is enforcing local mask mandates or distancing requirements.  For better or worse, this is the course we are on.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:18:00 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2474 on: April 25, 2021, 07:24:36 AM »
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I think vaccine surveys are overestimating vaccine hesitancy. 

I think people who are private and more conservative by nature, are conditioned not to tell a stranger from Gallup a piece of medical information, so their default is a no, or not right now.  A bit like the Trump effect in polling back in 2016...but this is just a hunch, but I remain hopeful that as more and more people get it, it will have some carryover effect of neighbors, friends, family, church members, seeing people they care and trust get it, and in turn they will get it too.  I remind myself, the vaccine has really been available to the public for 3-4 months, give people a bit more time, and continue to work on those who are hesitant, not the hardcore 10-15% who are nutso wackaloon about it.