collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384505 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2050 on: March 26, 2021, 10:49:38 PM »

Wife and I got the 1st dose of moderna   this week, no issues.   

Did you have covid? I've heard that people that had it, even asymptomatic, the 1st shot is the one that kills them.  Anyone else hear this?

Yep. I’m pretty sure that’s what happened to tower.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2051 on: March 26, 2021, 11:31:50 PM »
That's why you don't get your shot at the off-brand dollar store.
Worse thing is then they get fake Krispy Kreme donuts.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2052 on: March 26, 2021, 11:37:31 PM »
Wife and I got the 1st dose of moderna this week, no issues.   

Did you have covid? I've heard that people that had it, even asymptomatic, the 1st shot is the one that kills them knocks them on their ass. Anyone else hear this?

Edit: changed a very poorly used phrase.

To my knowledge I never had it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2053 on: March 27, 2021, 05:52:00 AM »
I had the Pfizer.  And I had a moderate case in November.  Day after dose 1 was mild body aches, chills, lack of wind.   Like a very mild case for me.

Dose 2 was compounded by a big fire and I am old.  So I don't know where the causality for the body aches lies.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2054 on: March 27, 2021, 07:00:18 AM »
Chili & Fluff...glad to hear you’re done. That day after was ROUGH, my fever had been hovering around 99.6 most of the day and by 8pm I was beyond wiped out and spiked over 100.

Woke up the next day totally fine (except sore arm). 3 weeks until I get the second dose and will be ecstatic to be done (sans feeling that groggy jet lag type tiredness again).

That is exactly how my day went yesterday.  Kept getting worse and worse until I called it a day and went to bed around 8:30.  I am still pretty groggy this morning but we will see what happens when I get some coffee in me.  And my wife, who has two or three bad colds every year, is bouncing around the house with no side effects.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2055 on: March 27, 2021, 12:22:45 PM »
I had the Pfizer.  And I had a moderate case in November.  Day after dose 1 was mild body aches, chills, lack of wind.   Like a very mild case for me.

Dose 2 was compounded by a big fire and I am old.  So I don't know where the causality for the body aches lies.

My wife and I - and 92 year old mother-in law - all felt fine after the 2nd pfizer. The 2nd day our arms were very slightly sore - only felt it when pressing the spot.

Was expecting issues as we heard numerous stories from friends about after effects.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2056 on: March 27, 2021, 04:29:48 PM »
My wife and I - and 92 year old mother-in law - all felt fine after the 2nd pfizer. The 2nd day our arms were very slightly sore - only felt it when pressing the spot.

Was expecting issues as we heard numerous stories from friends about after effects.

I hope my experience is like yours. I'm getting my 2nd Pfizer shot Wednesday.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2057 on: March 27, 2021, 04:58:56 PM »
Tylenol and Benadryl.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2058 on: March 27, 2021, 08:40:14 PM »
Tylenol and Benadryl.

I was worried and had them ready just in case, but didn't need either.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2059 on: March 27, 2021, 08:53:44 PM »
It has been 48 hours since my first shot of Modena. My moderate shoulder pain is starting to dissipate. It is not painful enough to interrupt sleep, it's about as bad as the shoulder pain from the Typhoid vaccination.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2060 on: March 28, 2021, 08:46:34 AM »
Have you all signed up for v-safe? Helps the CDC track side effects with a daily text that you respond to. I told people Dr Fauci was checking on me everyday

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2061 on: March 28, 2021, 08:56:46 AM »
Getting my second Pfizer shot now. They said they are doing walk ins today. 2625 W. National Ave. if anyone needs. Would probably try to get in as early as possible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2062 on: March 28, 2021, 09:17:50 AM »
Have you all signed up for v-safe? Helps the CDC track side effects with a daily text that you respond to. I told people Dr Fauci was checking on me everyday

Hadn't heard of this .. links for the lazy:

https://vsafe.cdc.gov/en/

Video explanation:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxl-gGXkMw

Basically you register your vacination date, brand, and maybe lot#, and it texts you every day with a link.  You click the link, then answer whether you are good, ok, or poor.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2063 on: March 28, 2021, 09:57:58 AM »
So day 3, and although I had one too many Foggy Geezers last night, am feeling just fine.  Arm soreness even completely gone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #2064 on: March 28, 2021, 10:25:04 AM »
so update. the day after side effects (lethargic, body ache, fever spiked to 100.7) were all manageable but annoying af. i tried to do some excel work and it was a pain to concentrate and pretty sure i would have to redo any strings i would type. woke up yesterday (2 days after 2nd dose) felt like normal with just a twinge of arm pain. today, 3 days post shot, 100%. now looking forward to getting this ship sailing again - just not thru suez.
But I like to throw handfuls...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2065 on: March 28, 2021, 10:58:01 AM »
Got my first Moderna shot on Friday.  Arm is still a little sore, but otherwise no adverse symptoms.

While we were waiting to get our shots, a middle-aged guy who was shopping in the store came up to us and said something along the lines of, "So, you aren't afraid to do this?"  We told him absolutely not; our nurse daughter, who caught Covid while working on the Covid floor of her hospital,  got the shot a few weeks ago, and we will be doing the same.

Let's hope that was enough for him to get it.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2066 on: March 28, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »
Yesterday besides the sore arm I had a headache and felt a bit 'off' much of the day.  By evening the latter two symptoms were essentially gone and chick and I went to the drive-in movie.  Saw Nobody.  Enjoyed it.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2067 on: March 28, 2021, 03:35:14 PM »
Hadn't heard of this .. links for the lazy:

https://vsafe.cdc.gov/en/

Video explanation:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxl-gGXkMw

Basically you register your vacination date, brand, and maybe lot#, and it texts you every day with a link.  You click the link, then answer whether you are good, ok, or poor.

Everyone should do this. It is one way in which the CDC can track those that got the vaccine.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2068 on: March 28, 2021, 03:43:25 PM »

Everyone should do this. It is one way in which the CDC can track those that got the vaccine.
You mean besides the 5G chips...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2069 on: March 28, 2021, 03:44:29 PM »

Yep. This is some thing everyone should do. For those who haven’t signed up yet, the questionnaires take about a minute to answer. Simple, and provides even more detailed information on rates of side effects.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2070 on: March 28, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
You mean besides the 5G chips...

If we get one of the two-shot vaccines, do they work together to make it a 10G chip?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2071 on: March 28, 2021, 05:13:15 PM »

If we get one of the two-shot vaccines, do they work together to make it a 10G chip?

Don’t be stupid. One is for GSM chip and one is for CDMA, so that they can track you regardless of what cell tower is close by.  ;D :P

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2072 on: March 28, 2021, 09:21:27 PM »
How long after the shot did people start getting side effects?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2073 on: March 28, 2021, 09:45:45 PM »
How long after the shot did people start getting side effects?

Ears started ringing within an hour.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2074 on: March 29, 2021, 05:35:56 AM »
Bill Gates was calling.   Did you pick up?