'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ben Steele too  (Read 8661 times)

The Equalizer

• All American
Re: Ben Steele too
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2021, 11:03:13 AM »
I think if he had the resources available to him that Marquette does he'd be well above .500 in the Missouri Valley

Except he wouldn't be in the Missouri Valley.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
MU needed to pay KO. They offered him sh!t after he took a train wreck to the S16. Could have avoided the sunglassed weirdo altogether and probably reached a E8 or F4. Oh well, what comes around goes around. btw, both KO and Deane were hilarious at the 100yrs party. Actually, Wojo was ok too.

KO may be the most important coach in Marquette history. Not best, but most important just based on the timing of everything.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2021, 11:23:28 AM »
9/6/5/3 with a couple tournament titles looked good coming into this year. This year, far less enticing. I like the idea of Wardle being there if we really need him, but he's not at the top of my lists.

or

In the past on this board there were quite a few people that had mentioned Wardle. It's been less now in more recent times. Some of these same people were less interested in the coach that did the bottom list of numbers here, in the same, league, at the same time. It was and is strange to me.

To be clear, I am not advocating for either one. It was always a bizarre thing to me that some had and perhaps still have Wardle on a list but not the other.

burger

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2021, 11:30:55 AM »
Porter Moser is the coach we should want......Majerus ties.....Done more with little.....A coach that teaches defense.....Even if takes a few years to get the recruiting going.....He will find a way to get us to the NCAA's.....

Wojo and his teams are just "soft"......

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2021, 11:35:27 AM »
Scholl would need to figure out what attributes he wants from a head coach, and recruit to those attributes.  Where two coaches finished in the same conference is part of that, but hardly the whole story.

For instance, I would love someone like Nate Oats.  His use of analytics.  The pace at which they play.  The interchangeable parts.  I think that's how you win in college basketball these days.  Figure out who is doing that now, and who fits the Marquette culture, and that is the guy I want.  (So yeah, I would love Oats, but that's likely not happening.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2021, 01:12:10 PM »
Frankly, I'd be surprised if Wojo lasts the weekend.  I'm sure they are internally discussing a way of cordially separating, however that looks like.  Perhaps a mutual parting of ways, where Wojo accepts a reduced buyout.  He gets a nice parachute, the school is off the hook for for money that it thought it would, and the school can be free to hire a new head coach and staff (maybe even backload it to offset the upfront cost of paying for a buyout). 

Still sad.  MUBB should never have come to this point.  But we have, and now changes need to be made.

Like I said.  I was going to be surprised if Wojo lasted the weekend.  Too much momentum in recent days to force a change.