'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bench Love  (Read 1086 times)

tower912

• All American
Bench Love
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
How long has it been since we had two double digit scorers off of the bench?    DG looks 15 lbs heavier, but his hands and his touch around the rim haven't gone anywhere.    And Todd Mayo with 10!    Long time since he had that many.    Jae and DJO did what they were supposed to.   DG and Mayo combining for 25 was the deciding factor in this game.    A seven man rotation with 3 'bigs' and 4 guards could go a long way.   Keep it up, subs!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: Bench Love
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »
How long has it been since we had two double digit scorers off of the bench?    DG looks 15 lbs heavier, but his hands and his touch around the rim haven't gone anywhere.    And Todd Mayo with 10!    Long time since he had that many.    Jae and DJO did what they were supposed to.   DG and Mayo combining for 25 was the deciding factor in this game.    A seven man rotation with 3 'bigs' and 4 guards could go a long way.   Keep it up, subs!

Cause he looks more bulky, less agile and a bit slower? Hmmm, pretty sure that makes sens since it was a knee injury. Doesn't look much heavier to me.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:03:49 PM »
How long has it been since we had two double digit scorers off of the bench?

January 21 against providence was the last game with two double digit scores off the bench ... J. Wilson with 16 and Mayo with 10.

Is that a"long time?"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:06:19 PM »
Cause he looks more bulky, less agile and a bit slower? Hmmm, pretty sure that makes sens since it was a knee injury. Doesn't look much heavier to me.

I actually thought that he ran the floor a little better than I remember.  He's still the only guy on the team who you can see suck wind out there.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:35:39 PM »
January 21 against providence was the last game with two double digit scores off the bench ... J. Wilson with 16 and Mayo with 10.

Is that a"long time?"

7 weeks is a long time in a basketball season.   DG did what he always did when he is healthy, he just looked thicker to me.   Maybe it was the HD. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback