[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ben Mills  (Read 5580 times)

Afroman

• All American
Ben Mills
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
I noticed that Boise State head coach Greg Graham was fired the other day.

Would Marquette have any interest in Arrowhead 7-footer Ben Mills if he chose to open his recruitment?

I've only seen Ben play a couple of times, so I'm not sure if he's a better than mid-major talent. He seemed pretty athletic to me.

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Ben Mills
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »

Would Marquette have any interest in Arrowhead 7-footer Ben Mills if he chose to open his recruitment?

I've only seen Ben play a couple of times, so I'm not sure if he's a better than mid-major talent. He seemed pretty athletic to me.

I'll take a 7 foot walk on. 

That's about all I'd offer Mills.

LenBiasWindSprints

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »
Craig Butrym II

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:02:13 AM »

Austin Pucylowski (Pooooooooooch) (Catholic Memorial) @ 6'4" took it to Mills a couple of times.  Pooch plays like the football player he is.  I guess all I'm sayin is that Mills doesn't play like he's 7 feet when met aggressively.

I'll pass.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
He was committed to Boise.......enough said

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:14 AM »
He suppossedly has a very good work ethic but he is not a player who can come in and contribute right away.  Another project at this point in time who would probably benefit from a redshirt year.  I don't think he is what we need at this point in time.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
If we gathered even 50% of the bigs that people have brought up on the boards, people would be ranting about how our roster is saturated with no good bigs that can't do anything.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
A taller Roseboro....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 03:13:31 PM »

muball

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »
WALK on for a year and if can cut it get a scholorship if not others will pick him up. Kid who works hard but can he compete at BEast level.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 05:01:16 PM »
A taller Roseboro....

Comparing him to a guy who never played for MU is strange.

fjg44

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
Comparing him to a guy who never played for MU is strange.

Not that strange. This guy will never play for MU either.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »
Not that strange. This guy will never play for MU either.

+1
That's what I meant....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »
Meh

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 07:07:26 AM »
Mills is better than Evan Anderson, a player everyone on here was going nuts for before he committed to Wisconsin.

I think Ben Mills has a better game than some of the bigs on the team right now...He would be worth a look, if we had any scholarships left.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »
Mills is better than Evan Anderson, a player everyone on here was going nuts for before he committed to Wisconsin.

I think Ben Mills has a better game than some of the bigs on the team right now...He would be worth a look, if we had any scholarships left.

Have you seen him play?  He dominates?? much smaller players.  If he wants to walk on at MU, then fine, let's look at him.  Otherwise, best of luck Ben.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 08:46:25 AM »

People were going nuts about Evan Anderson 2 years ago when he was all potential.  If he committed now, no one would give a crap.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »

How about any 6'6" 225 guys with Heart?
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »
With all due respect to Ben, if a 7-footer from Wisco was anything more than a mid-major player, he wouldn't be going to Boise State. He'd have MU and multiple Big Ten teams banging down his door.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
I wouldn't mind another Jared Lovette, if that's what we can expect based on Mayor McCheese's comment that he's better than Evan Anderson. 

Big question with Anderson is will he be better than Brian Butch.  Boy, think of how much more trouble we'd have getting bigs now, if Crean had gotten Butch and Butch crapped out here.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:22 AM »
Brian Butch was All Big 10 his senior year. I would hardly call that crapping out.

He never was good enough to be a McDonalds All American so unfortunately for him he was never going to live up to the hype but he was a good college player.

We sure could have used him.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 11:11:15 AM »
I wouldn't mind another Jared Lovette, if that's what we can expect based on Mayor McCheese's comment that he's better than Evan Anderson. 

Big question with Anderson is will he be better than Brian Butch.  Boy, think of how much more trouble we'd have getting bigs now, if Crean had gotten Butch and Butch crapped out here.

I don't think you can say Brian Butch crapped out at Wisconsin... he did help them get a couple Big Ten titles, along with victories in the NCAA tournament.

To tell you the truth, his team success at Wisconsin was better than the big 3 here at MU... I know, blasphemy, but it was.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 12:00:47 PM »

Butch was a very solid college player.  Evan Anderson I think is going to struggle.  Not quite as unaccomplished as JP Gavinski, but not nearly as good as Butch.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »
I bet he would be more serviceable than Mbao.

feedback