'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BE Tournament = NCAA Tournament  (Read 810 times)

THEbig0

• Scholarship Player
BE Tournament = NCAA Tournament
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
I don't know how others feel, but after yesterday's loss I have a new perspective on the BE Tournament. In years past, it was always fun to watch but was so crowded I didn't have much hope for MU getting into the final/winning and was much more focused on the NCAA tournament and hoping they got to the second weekend.  BE tournament was nice, but kind of an afterthought (even though it comes first!)

This year I am looking at the BE tournament how I looked at the NCAAs previous years.  I don't think even if we made the NCAAs we'd have much run seeing as we aren't a great team and have obvious deficiencies.  But I do think they could put enough together to win the BE tournament if everything fell right.  So this year I'm really looking forward to the BE tournament, it will replace my normal excitement for the NCAAs.  NCAAs will be fun as always, but a non-MU type of fun/excitement.

Just another way to look at it.  It has given me at least a little more excitement than normal for the BE tourney, as that could be our big prize this year if anything.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: BE Tournament = NCAA Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
It is true, we will be playing 3 tournament teams anyways so might as well treat it as such.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: BE Tournament = NCAA Tournament
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »
I don't know how others feel, but after yesterday's loss I have a new perspective on the BE Tournament. In years past, it was always fun to watch but was so crowded I didn't have much hope for MU getting into the final/winning and was much more focused on the NCAA tournament and hoping they got to the second weekend.  BE tournament was nice, but kind of an afterthought (even though it comes first!)

This year I am looking at the BE tournament how I looked at the NCAAs previous years.  I don't think even if we made the NCAAs we'd have much run seeing as we aren't a great team and have obvious deficiencies.  But I do think they could put enough together to win the BE tournament if everything fell right.  So this year I'm really looking forward to the BE tournament, it will replace my normal excitement for the NCAAs.  NCAAs will be fun as always, but a non-MU type of fun/excitement.

Just another way to look at it.  It has given me at least a little more excitement than normal for the BE tourney, as that could be our big prize this year if anything.

When we were on last night, we could have taken down anyone in conference. Minimize the bone-headed plays and keep that momentum going on offense, and this team could he hitting stride in the Big Apple. It'll be interesting to see what transpires on Saturday--I've love a solid win, with a chance for payback against Providence in the tourney.

feedback