[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BE Tourney  (Read 2998 times)

wiscoave

BE Tourney
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »
Maybe we can get better support at the Garden this year? Instead of buying expensive tickets to see Kentucky (or whoever) play at the Bradley Center, you can spend the money to actually see MU play. Besides, how exciting is it to watch a 1 seed blow out a 16 seed?

The BE tourney doesnt disappoint.

Need a reminder?

www.sixovertimes.com

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: BE Tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:19 PM »
Maybe we can get better support at the Garden this year? Instead of buying expensive tickets to see Kentucky (or whoever) play at the Bradley Center, you can spend the money to actually see MU play.

While I agree the BE doesn't disappoint, not sure the cost argument is really the right one to make, considering air and hotel are required to go to NY.

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »
While I agree the BE doesn't disappoint, not sure the cost argument is really the right one to make, considering air and hotel are required to go to NY.

But bearing in mind that there is much more to do in NYC than say Greensboro.  Also consider that the final four of the BE tournament is almost as good as the NCAA final four, at a fraction of the cost.  Have gone a few times and MU definitely needs the support there.

Moe

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »
What is the best way to get tickets?  Do you buy tickets for every game all day long, or are there separate sessions?  Is it easier to go to stubhub or ticketmaster or scalpers?

Moe

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
By the way, round trip from Milwaukee to New York is $154 on Airtran.  I'm not in Milwaukee, but I know most of you are.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »
Aren't BE tourney tix verrry pricey?

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »
What is the best way to get tickets?  Do you buy tickets for every game all day long, or are there separate sessions?  Is it easier to go to stubhub or ticketmaster or scalpers?

Unless you want to buy a full strip I think the best way to do it is just to commit to going out there and then buy the sessions you want from scalpers.  There is a pretty active ticket exchange there since there are always people trying to unload tickets after their team loses.  Actually if you are an alum then the NY alumni relations is a good place to start as they facilitate this somewhat too.  I've always been able to get good deals but also had a network of friends in NYC to help.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
Aren't BE tourney tix verrry pricey?

If you bought them through the athletic department, they were $395 for the whole tournament (15 games).  I plan on buying from scalpers for the MU games...hopefully we don't play Syracuse or UConn, as they bring large contingents resulting in much higher demand.

And then after being in New York for a week, I'll be at the Bradley Center the following Friday for the first round of the tournament.  The moral of the story is, "F--- work."

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »
The tourney is DEFINITELY worth it. Everyone should go at least once.

Moe, the tickets are split up into sessions, with two games per session. I've only scalped, and it's hit or miss. Last year, with the Big East getting all the hype for best conference ever, the scalpers were absolute @ssholes. MU vs. 'Nova was game two of an afternoon session of a weekday, and scalpers were still asking for 160 apiece for nosebleeds AFTER THE TIPOFF. The next session included UConn vs. Cuse, and they wanted 200 apiece for the worst seats in the house. We pondered it, but decided to watch it at McSorley's instead. Hindsight being 20/20... It probably would have been worth it.

That said, the year before that we were able to scalp seats for 30 the first day, 60 the second day, and 100 the third and sit in the student section 15 rows back every time.

I'm guessing this year won't be as ridiculous price-wise, and it always helps if UConn, Cuse or GTown get knocked off early. Their fans bolt the city and dump their tickets as fast as possible. Supply and demand...

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »
If you bought them through the athletic department, they were $395 for the whole tournament (15 games).  I plan on buying from scalpers for the MU games...hopefully we don't play Syracuse or UConn, as they bring large contingents resulting in much higher demand.

And then after being in New York for a week, I'll be at the Bradley Center the following Friday for the first round of the tournament.  The moral of the story is, "F--- work."
  I like your thinking!!

wiscoave

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Ive gone the past 3 years and have never bought tickets through the box office or a ticket agency. I scalp everytime and always have good luck. 7th ave and 33rd st is where you can find a lot of scalpers.

MU83

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 07:58:53 AM »
For future reference, I was curious if anyone who purchased tickets through MU could tell me where the seats were located?

Skarrface

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 08:31:32 AM »
It all depends on your Blue and Gold "rank" and how much $ you have given MU that year. We do not get seated as a group. The seats are scattered throughout the Garden. This is for the full ticket pkg.

feedback