collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Brady Suspended 4 Games, Serious Question ... When Does Rodgers Get Suspended?  (Read 12494 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Quarterback Tom Brady was suspended for the first four games of the National Football League season and his New England Patriots were fined $1 million for their roles in the deflated ball case.  The punishments announced today by the NFL also include the Patriots forfeiting a first-round draft choice in 2016 and a fourth-round selection in 2017.

So messing with the pressure in footballs is a very big deal.

Remember this?

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/aaron-rodgers-likes-his-footballs-overinflated/

Via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, at least one possibly does.  Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower.  You can tell.  The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it.  That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

------------------

Will the NFL hire Ted Wells to write a 300 page report on Rodgers?  Will he get four games and will the Packers get a fine and lose draft picks?

Why is what Brady did such a big deal and Rodgers being ignored?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:52:47 PM by Heisenberg »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Quarterback Tom Brady was suspended for the first four games of the National Football League season and his New England Patriots were fined $1 million for their roles in the deflated ball case.  The punishments announced today by the NFL also include the Patriots forfeiting a first-round draft choice in 2016 and a fourth-round selection in 2017.

So messing with the pressure in footballs is a very big deal.

Remember this?

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/aaron-rodgers-likes-his-footballs-overinflated/

Via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, at least one possibly does.  Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower.  You can tell.  The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it.  That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

------------------

Will the NFL hire Ted Wells to write a 300 page report on Rodgers?  Will he get four games and will the Packers get a fine and lose draft picks?

Great point - Brady's suspension is absolutely ridiculous within the context of equipment tampering that goes on constantly within the NFL.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

brandx

Because neither Rodgers nor the Packers have ever been caught over inflating footballs.

And for what it is worth, I don't believe Brady will serve the suspension. Methinks Goddell may have screwed the pooch again.

There were two separate needles that were used to check the balls and while the Referee doesn't remember which he used, the league has decided which one he used, even though the referee's best recollection is that he used the one the NFL decided he didn't use.

Groin_pull

• All American
Yawn. That suspension will get appealed down to two games. Big deal. A pretty light penalty for a repeat offender.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Yawn. That suspension will get appealed down to two games. Big deal. A pretty light penalty for a repeat offender.

Brady is a repeat offender?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Because neither Rodgers nor the Packers have ever been caught over inflating footballs.

Neither was  Brady/Pats until they investigated.   So, investigate!

And Rodgers admission that he also "cheated" gives them more evidence on him than they currently have on Brady.

Suspend Rogers ... do it for the children!

ATWizJr

• All American
Neither was  Brady/Pats until they investigated.   So, investigate!

And Rodgers admission that he also "cheated" gives them more evidence on him than they currently have on Brady.

Suspend Rogers ... do it for the children!
If the Packers over inflate the balls and in the pre game check the officials allow those balls for play, then there is no problem. If, however, as the Patriots did, deflate the balls surreptitiously, after they had been checked by the refs, well, that's another matter.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
If the Packers over inflate the balls and in the pre game check the officials allow those balls for play, then there is no problem. If, however, as the Patriots did, deflate the balls surreptitiously, after they had been checked by the refs, well, that's another matter.

I agree so let's have the NFL hire Ted wells to investigate and find out if that's the case.

You think Rogers survives that investigation or does Wells find that he's as big a cheater as Brady?

GGGG

• All American
Have opposing teams complained about over inflated balls?  No.  There is simply nothing to investigate other than Phil Simms quoting Aaron Rodgers.

Heisentroll gonna Heisentroll...

Groin_pull

• All American
Brady is a repeat offender?

Oh that's right, he had no part in Spygate whatsoever and didn't benefit from it in any way. ::)

GGGG

• All American
Oh that's right, he had no part in Spygate whatsoever and didn't benefit from it in any way. ::)

Should the Pats running backs get suspended, or at least cited, because they benefited from the under inflated footballs?

Groin_pull

• All American
Should the Pats running backs get suspended, or at least cited, because they benefited from the under inflated footballs?

As the QB, Brady was able to maximize any advantages gained from Spygate and Deflategate.

You want the money and fame that goes with being a QB? Fine, but you get to take the hit in situations like this.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Brady didn't cooperate with the NFL during their investigation. I think that stiffened the punishment. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were warned in the past since it seems like teams complained to the NFL.

GGGG

• All American
As the QB, Brady was able to maximize any advantages gained from Spygate and Deflategate.

You want the money and fame that goes with being a QB? Fine, but you get to take the hit in situations like this.

I agree...when he is found guilty of something.  He was not found guilty of anything with spygate. 

Skitch

• All American
Do you honestly think the two situations are even remotely similar or is this another brilliant "hot take" to get your precious views?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Do you honestly think the two situations are even remotely similar or is this another brilliant "hot take" to get your precious views?

They are very familiar ... just a bunch of blinded packer fans here. 

The NFL set a standard today.  4 games, loss of draft picks and fine for violating the ball inflation rule.  Brady claims he never did, Rodgers freely admitted he did.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Have opposing teams complained about over inflated balls?  No.  There is simply nothing to investigate other than Phil Simms quoting Aaron Rodgers.

Heisentroll gonna Heisentroll...

So the Bears organization holds the fate of the Rodgers?  If they call the NFL, Rodgers is cooked?

GGGG

• All American
So the Bears organization holds the fate of the Rodgers?  If they call the NFL, Rodgers is cooked?

Do they have evidence?

Tugg Speedman

• All American

Yes!!!

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-prevention-of-fumbles-is-nearly-impossible

The New England Patriots Prevention of Fumbles is Nearly Impossible

The 2014 Patriots were just the 3rd team in the last 25 years to never have lost a fumble at home!  The biggest difference between the Patriots and the other 2 teams who did it was that New England ran between 150 and 200 MORE plays this year than those teams did in the years they had zero home fumbles, making the Patriots stand alone in this unique statistic.

Based on the desire to incorporate full season data (not just home games, as a team theoretically bring “doctored footballs” with them on the road) I performed the following analysis:

I looked at the last 5 years of data (since 2010) and examined TOTAL FUMBLES in all games (as well as fumbles/game) but more importantly, TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYS RUN.  Thus, we can to determine average PLAYS per FUMBLE, a much more valuable statistic.  The results are displayed in the chart below.  Keep in mind, this is for all games since 2010, regardless of indoors, outdoors, weather, site, etc.  EVERYTHING.

Tugg Speedman

• All American

Do they have evidence?

Probably ... Rodgers bragged he cheated so it probably happened to the Bears.   Or do you think Rodgers was lying to Simms and he did not violate the now sacred ball inflation rule?

Look I get it, your a Packer fan and your plays don't cheat.  All I'm asking is if they established a standard today for violating the ball inflation rule, and Rodgers bragged he violated it too, why isn't he getting punished the same as Brady?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Probably ... Rodgers bragged he cheated so it probably happened to the Bears.   Or do you think Rodgers was lying to Simms and he did not violate the now sacred ball inflation rule?

Look I get it, your a Packer fan and your plays don't cheat.  All I'm asking is if they established a standard today for violating the ball inflation rule, and Rodgers bragged he violated it too, why isn't he getting punished the same as Brady?

It's pretty simple. Rodgers doesn't have the balls overinflated after the officials check them to make sure they're within range. He has them overinflated, or close to it, and if the officials tell them to take some air out, the Packers do it. If the officials rule that an overinflated ball is within range, that's not on Rodgers.

In hindsight, Brady would have been better off using the same defense: "I like the football inflated on the lower side of the range. We filled the title game footballs up on the lower side of the range, they passed the officials' inspection so we used them." That would put the onus on the officials and the golden boy would still be golden.

brandx

Probably ... Rodgers bragged he cheated so it probably happened to the Bears.   Or do you think Rodgers was lying to Simms and he did not violate the now sacred ball inflation rule?

Look I get it, your a Packer fan and your plays don't cheat.  All I'm asking is if they established a standard today for violating the ball inflation rule, and Rodgers bragged he violated it too, why isn't he getting punished the same as Brady?

So we found out the reason for the silly posts.

It is  r  e  a  l  l  y  simple. Before each game, officials take balls from each team and approve them for use. Neither the Packers nor Rodgers have ever been accused of tampering with these approved balls by anyone.

Oops....  except you!!

brandx

It's pretty simple. Rodgers doesn't have the balls overinflated after the officials check them to make sure they're within range. He has them overinflated, or close to it, and if the officials tell them to take some air out, the Packers do it. If the officials rule that an overinflated ball is within range, that's not on Rodgers.

In hindsight, Brady would have been better off using the same defense: "I like the football inflated on the lower side of the range. We filled the title game footballs up on the lower side of the range, they passed the officials' inspection so we used them." That would put the onus on the officials and the golden boy would still be golden.

No it wouldn't. They were deflated after the officials checked the air pressure of the balls.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
So we found out the reason for the silly posts.

It is  r  e  a  l  l  y  simple. Before each game, officials take balls from each team and approve them for use. Neither the Packers nor Rodgers have ever been accused of tampering with these approved balls by anyone.

Oops....  except you!!

How do we know this? Was their an investigation?  Like I said above investigate and clear him.  

And if they do investigate, you're positive no assistant trainer ever snuck a few pumps into the balls after they were inspected?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:47:40 PM by Heisenberg »

Tugg Speedman

• All American

First I agree with your second part ... when this first came up instead of lying and lying and lying Brady should have said "yes, I like them under-inflated, next question."  If he had done that this would not have even risen to the level of being a story to eventually go away, it would have never been noticed in the first place.

Regarding the first part, so the NFL is OK with trying to cheat.  Then why do they even hand out fines after reviewing the video Monday morning?  If you got away with it in the game why penalize after the fact?

feedback