[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: And there shall be a game 7  (Read 2828 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
And there shall be a game 7
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:49:42 AM »
I have no clue how the Ducks are still alive, but I'll take it.  Great fun tonight.  Someone said earlier today that Detroit is like a machine, the borg.  It's sick how good they are, every pass on the tape, one line of great players after another.  Hiller was great again.  Good times.  Maybe we'll shock the world and take game 7.

Go Ducks!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: And there shall be a game 7
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:13:14 AM »
I have no clue how the Ducks are still alive, but I'll take it.  Great fun tonight.  Someone said earlier today that Detroit is like a machine, the borg.  It's sick how good they are, every pass on the tape, one line of great players after another.  Hiller was great again.  Good times.  Maybe we'll shock the world and take game 7.

Go Ducks!

Go Wings!
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:25:17 AM »
38 saves.   I guess he was spectacular.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
The consensus in Chicago is that we'd like to see Detroit because of the rivalry etc....but I know either team would be a tough matchup....whoever the Hawks have to play I hope Game 7 goes into 4OT.  ;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:48:35 AM »
Now that was fun.   I had a really bad feeling early in the third, before the ducks scored, because Detroit was settling for 40 ft slappers from the wing and weren't really working the puck down low.   Thankfully, they had one guy who remembered the key to playoff hockey is getting someone in front of the goalie.   Hiller is tough.   Teemu polished his legend.   Pronger is the Laimbeer type, the one everyone would love as a teammate, but hate when he plays for the other team.     Well played, Anaheim.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 12:35:47 PM »
The consensus in Chicago is that we'd like to see Detroit because of the rivalry etc....but I know either team would be a tough matchup....whoever the Hawks have to play I hope Game 7 goes into 4OT.  ;)

Rivalry?  It's like Marquette vs. UWM. 

Go Wings!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »
Now that was fun.   I had a really bad feeling early in the third, before the ducks scored, because Detroit was settling for 40 ft slappers from the wing and weren't really working the puck down low.   Thankfully, they had one guy who remembered the key to playoff hockey is getting someone in front of the goalie.   Hiller is tough.   Teemu polished his legend.   Pronger is the Laimbeer type, the one everyone would love as a teammate, but hate when he plays for the other team.     Well played, Anaheim.

Good series, we certainly had Wings fans nervous which is saying something as an 8 seed in a game 7. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
Rivalry?  It's like Marquette vs. UWM. 

Go Wings!

Or Cards-Cubs

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »
Or Cards-Cubs