[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hatton PWNED! 2nd round TKO  (Read 3738 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Hatton PWNED! 2nd round TKO
« on: May 02, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »
Not a contest. Pacman was just too quick.

He proved Roach to be prophetic going down in the 2nd. (Roach said 3rd.)

Way to go, Manny!
SS Marquette

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: Hatton PWNED! 2nd round TKO
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
MANNY!  MANNY!!!! MANNY!!!!!!!

Ridiculously awesome performance. 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »
Pacman was just way too quick.  After the KO, Hatton seriously looked like he'd been hit by a truck.

Can't wait for the eventual Mayweather fight.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:23 AM »
Pacman was just way too quick.  After the KO, Hatton seriously looked like he'd been hit by a truck.

Can't wait for the eventual Mayweather fight.

Marquez is "older" (about a year older than Mayweather), but he's going to be formidable for Floyd, who's been off since 2007.

Floyd has to beat Marquez first, and if Manny's previous bouts are any indication, it's not going to be easy.
SS Marquette

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »
I'd actually prefer a JMM v. MP III match-up.

It'd be much more dramatic for JMM to shut PBF's mouth up, and then if that happens, it's just straight up mandatory for JMM and MP to square off again, because I feel MP's split decision over JMM in their rematch could have been another draw.

JMM's just always been able to get under MP's skin, but I think Manny's improved light years...but there's also that whole psychological aspect...

So word, while a PBF v. MP fight would be epic, but I've always wanted MP to be able to convincingly beat JMM.  That may change, of course, depending on how PBF and JMM perform...maybe PBF is still the real deal still.

We'll have to wait and see.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »
It's going to be a HUGE pay day for us....can't wait.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 12:44:55 PM »
I'd actually prefer a JMM v. MP III match-up.

It'd be much more dramatic for JMM to shut PBF's mouth up, and then if that happens, it's just straight up mandatory for JMM and MP to square off again, because I feel MP's split decision over JMM in their rematch could have been another draw.

JMM's just always been able to get under MP's skin, but I think Manny's improved light years...but there's also that whole psychological aspect...

So word, while a PBF v. MP fight would be epic, but I've always wanted MP to be able to convincingly beat JMM.  That may change, of course, depending on how PBF and JMM perform...maybe PBF is still the real deal still.

We'll have to wait and see.

Agreed.

However, with PBF coming back AND facing JMM, it presents some interesting storylines.

1) Floyd loses to Marquez. Sets up Pacquiao-Marquez, Part III. EPIC and LEGENDARY are words that do not describe their bouts. You ALWAYS get your monies worth.

2) Floyd beats Marquez. Floyd loses to Pacquiao. Roach retires "on top of the world" having led his "gem" to beat his nemesis. Roach HAS TO retire since his condition appears to be worsening (sadly).

3) Floyd beats Marquez. Floyd beats Pacquiao. Sets up Floyd-Pacquiao, Part II. That will be equally interesting!

Whichever situations go down, it'll be good boxing!
SS Marquette

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »
Agreed.

However, with PBF coming back AND facing JMM, it presents some interesting storylines.

1) Floyd loses to Marquez. Sets up Pacquiao-Marquez, Part III. EPIC and LEGENDARY are words that do not describe their bouts. You ALWAYS get your monies worth.

2) Floyd beats Marquez. Floyd loses to Pacquiao. Roach retires "on top of the world" having led his "gem" to beat his nemesis. Roach HAS TO retire since his condition appears to be worsening (sadly).

3) Floyd beats Marquez. Floyd beats Pacquiao. Sets up Floyd-Pacquiao, Part II. That will be equally interesting!

Whichever situations go down, it'll be good boxing!

yeah, I'm pretty much looking forward to whatever is the next Pacquiao fight.  Any of the situations will be good.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 01:08:32 PM »
http://mb.com.ph/articles/204728/cotto-next-pacquiao-arum

Apparently the Bobfather wants Pacman to take on Cotto next.  Mosley wants a piece of him as well...shoot, EVERYBODY wants a piece of him.

I downloaded the entire fight already, but clips are getting hard to come across as HBO keeps yanking them off of youtube, but for y'all that didn't see the destruction:

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/05/video-mannypacquiao-knocks-out-hatton-in-second-round

(video at the bottom, sorry...donno how to embed here)

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »
Thanks for the link, I wasn't able to see the fight and hadn't seen highlights of it, I just knew the result.

Pac looks awesome!  I think a Pac/PBF showdown is inevitable. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyway JMM can beat Floyd.  Floys is younger, faster, bigger and fresher than JMM.  I think floyd wins a relatively easy decision.

Pac and Floyd would be a huge fight, at this point it would have to be a pickem fight.  I am a huge boxing fan, it is good to see a little resurgence in boxing.  Exciting fighters like Pac, who are willing to challenge themselves and take on all comers is what makes the sport great.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
http://mb.com.ph/articles/204728/cotto-next-pacquiao-arum

Apparently the Bobfather wants Pacman to take on Cotto next.  Mosley wants a piece of him as well...shoot, EVERYBODY wants a piece of him.

I downloaded the entire fight already, but clips are getting hard to come across as HBO keeps yanking them off of youtube, but for y'all that didn't see the destruction:

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/05/video-mannypacquiao-knocks-out-hatton-in-second-round

(video at the bottom, sorry...donno how to embed here)

He's moving up to 148?  Has to, cause cotto can't physically move down.

That just doesn't seem smart.  He should stay at 140 for a bit and get use to that weight before he trys to bang with the big boys at welter.  Cotto will hit him like he hasn't been hit before.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »
He's moving up to 148?  Has to, cause cotto can't physically move down.

That just doesn't seem smart.  He should stay at 140 for a bit and get use to that weight before he trys to bang with the big boys at welter.  Cotto will hit him like he hasn't been hit before.

Manny fought De La Hoya at 147 (though he actually weighed less on fight night), so a Cotto fight isn't beyond the realm of possibility. One would think, though, that Arum wouldn't want to risk his guy losing ahead of a matchup with the winner of Mayweather-Marquez.

Regardless, I'm a huge fan of MP, but won't make too much of his win Saturday. Hatton, IMO, is more pretender than contender. For the most part, all of his major wins have come against guys who were either has-beens or never-beens. His two toughest opponents, Manny and Floyd, handled him easily. I thought Manny's destruction of De La Hoya - who was far more competitive with Floyd than was Hatton - was more impressive.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 08:13:24 PM »
The thing is that the fight with ODLH was a bit of a joke.  ODLH was hardcore dehydrated and was NEVER in the fight with Pacquiao.  When ODLH fought PBF it was at a much more comfortable weight for ODLH to make.

However, with the way the PacMan's been ripping people apart, I think that no matter what weight he fought ODLH at, he would have beaten him.

I agree with RawDog that Cotto would be quite a test for Pacquiao.  Cotto laid bombs on Margarito but with his freakish ability to take hits paired with his illegal hand wraps, Margarito put Cotto away.  Pacquiao wouldn't be as easy to hit, but I agree that Cotto would be the strongest dude Pacquiao's ever fought if that's his next fight.

I'd much rather they all wait for the winner of PBF v. JMM.  Lemus, you're right that Floyd is younger, faster, and bigger than JMM, but I donno how you can say he's fresher.  Boxers need to stay on their grind, and I'm sure PBF stays fit, but you gotta fight, too.  JMM's comin' off a couple very impressive wins, and PBF's just been chillin...his last fight was against the Big Show at Wrestlemania.  The fact that so many people think PBF would easily take care of JMM would make a JMM victory even MORE amazing.  In fact, it just might put him over Pacquiao in the lb for lb rankings...I know it would for me, and I'm Filipino-American!

That would just set up an incredibly amazing fight for Pacquiao and Marquez, because not only would they be fighting for the imaginary pound for pound championship, but they'd be settling what many people out there think is unfinished business.  I'm proud to be Pinoy and all, but Pacquiao's split decision win in their rematch could have gone either way.  I honestly scored it as another draw between the two.

feedback