[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For those lucky enough to see the game  (Read 1932 times)

Josey Wales

• Starter
For those lucky enough to see the game
« on: December 27, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »
would you mind posting a quick recap and thoughts?
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Josey Wales

• Starter
Re: For those lucky enough to see the game
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »
apparently no one saw this game.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »
Maybe Rosiaks blogs are the best recap along with cracked sidewalks.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
I was at the game and was surprised there was a pretty decent crowd there.  Studen section was depleted, but overall not as bad as I thought.

The team played well together once they settled in, defended ok except on the permimeter, and scored a ton in the paint.  They domintated the Blue Hose from about 7 minutes into the game on.  Lazar hit some nice long ones (great to see again), Butler was fearless going to the hole and got to the like, DJO smooth as slik - he should shoot more, Erik played some decent minutes, ahd a nice hook, but got lost a bit on defense; Acker and Cubby played well and Acker even had a lay-up.  Had a great play to finish the first half, with 2.5 seconds left.  Buzz called a T/O and Cubby inbounded the ball, as all but Butler rushed to center court, and Cubby threw an outstanding pass right to Butler who dribbled once and layed it in and got the foul, and the bonus.  Very nice play.

Mbao - still lost out there, but when he gets it will be nice for rebounds and blocks.  So far tho - nothing.  Fulce played well, had a couple of fabulous passes to Lazar under the rim, and got some good points, lay ins too.  Buckys got hot in the second half, and looked good.

Buzz towards the end was subbing 5 for 5, and said in the radio show after he told the team on the floor, you need to make two stops in a row or your out (the entire 5).  Looked weird but I guess he has a point.

The Blue Hose was not good and we let them score a lot from 3 point land.  We need to defend the permineter better.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:42:28 AM »
Acker made some decent shots, but the guy shoots too much in my opinion.  Take the 2 rejections (counted by myself) and multiply that by... a lot?... and he'll be a liability during BEast play.  I like that he's fearless... but when he tries to shoot within 5 feet of the rim against a guy the size of Butler he's going to end up with the ball in the 5th row of seats every time. 

feedback