[Today at 09:59:47 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Loyola Maryland beats IU on a 4 point play at the end.  (Read 33605 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Loyola Maryland beats IU on a 4 point play at the end.
« on: December 22, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »
Three and a foul. IU goes down at home.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Loyola Maryland beats IU on a 4 point play at the end.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »
Early Christmas present for Tommy and his IU faithful; hee, hee, hee.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:55:40 PM »
If it was the point guard who couldn't resist fouling on a 3 late in a game, I feel like I've seen this before somewhere.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Doc's kid really had trouble at the end
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »
Three and a foul. IU goes down at home.

Again...we should have NO TROUBLE BEATING PITTSBURGH THIS YEAR!!  ZERO!   ;D

Doc's kid gets fouled with IU up 2...misses both free throws.   Loyola comes down, Doc's kid fouls Loyola player that takes 3 pointer and makes it...plus free throw.  Doc's kid then goes down and gets fouled again...and misses both free throws.

Ouch.

IU trailed by 24 at one point before taking the lead with about 2 minutes to go.

Meanwhile, DePaul is losing by 11 to Florida Gulf Coast right now late in the second half...does Jerry make it through the season?

Florida lost at home tonight to South Alabama.  Good stuff.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:09:38 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Doc's kid really had trouble at the end
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 08:11:11 PM »
IU trailed by 24 at one point before taking the lead with about 2 minutes to go.

Meanwhile, DePaul is losing by 11 to Florida Gulf Coast right now late in the second half...does Jerry make it through the season?

'Your' II, II team absolutely blows. 

Jerry - why not keep him this season?  He should have been fired long, long ago.  It wouldn't be any more bizarre than the fact he's still around today.  Obviously the old man has some disturbing dirt on someone. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 08:17:21 PM »
Will Cal take down KU?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »

Doc's kid gets fouled with IU up 2...misses both free throws.   Loyola comes down, Doc's kid fouls Loyola player that takes 3 pointer and makes it...plus free throw.  Doc's kid then goes down and gets fouled again...and misses both free throws.

Ouch.

I think Crean will get another pass this season from the IU faithful. Next season the pressure will increase on TC. The fans will become more vocal if he does not produce a better product on the court. Could get pretty interesting in Blomington.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 08:19:16 PM »

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:43 PM »
Can't see why DePaul would do anything to Wainwright this year if they didn't after last year's unblemished record.  My understanding is the administration cares more about the buyout money than they do about their basketball program plunging into despair.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »

Ouch.

Chico is like clock work. Has there ever been ONE anti-Crean post where you haven't jumped at his defense? He bailed on MU, and now many people (myself included) enjoy seeing him take his lumps. It's kinda the whole idea...we cheer and support the current coaches and players. If you leave for a "better job", to hell with ya. Must you always run to his defense?

Your right, Jeremiah missed some free throws down the stretch. In this instance, you blame the loss and the missed free throws on the kid. I have a feeling if Marquette loses a game in similar fashion, you'll piss and moan that Buzz isn't devoting enough time to FT's in practice.

Just wait... ::)

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 08:58:30 PM »
I, for one, would love to see TC fail.  Not because he's a bad coach (which he is) or because he screwed over Marquette, but because he isn't a decent human being.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »

Ouch.

Don't know if we'll beat Pitt but evidently the Loyola (MD) Greyhounds and the Boston Terriers would.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 10:07:57 PM »
"Harvey finished with 25 points, five assists and four rebounds, and Jamal Barney scored 13 for the Greyhounds (6-5), who raced out to a 15-0 lead and led by 24 in the first half.

It was Loyola's first victory over a Big Ten opponent, having lost their past seven tries."

And that was against an Indiana team...at home...with a McDonald's All-American...and Indiana's Mr. Basketball.
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
"Harvey finished with 25 points, five assists and four rebounds, and Jamal Barney scored 13 for the Greyhounds (6-5), who raced out to a 15-0 lead and led by 24 in the first half.

It was Loyola's first victory over a Big Ten opponent, having lost their past seven tries."

And that was against an Indiana team...at home...with a McDonald's All-American...and Indiana's Mr. Basketball.

With that said, it must be the coach's fault.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
It couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jefffla01

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 11:00:38 PM »
            I wish our great MU faithful would just let the Crean situation fade from memory.

I share some of your contempt and anger at the guy----however, he is gone and its way past time
to let this go. Some of the hostility toward Crean is building into a vendetta-----and for a program that hopes to maintain itself and a high level vendettas are counter productive.

Crean helped the program get back its direction and prestige. I disagree with the way he chose to leave the program and I agree that he is lacking in integrity and class. However, his tenure is finished and to harp on this forever is unwise.

Lets just hope that the program continues to prosper and that Buzz develops into a solid leader.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »
  'Your' II, II team absolutely blows. 

Jerry - why not keep him this season?  He should have been fired long, long ago.  It wouldn't be any more bizarre than the fact he's still around today.  Obviously the old man has some disturbing dirt on someone. 

I agree, that's why I picked them to finish 10th in the Big Ten, maybe 9th.  Next year NIT, the year after NCAA.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »
Chico is like clock work. Has there ever been ONE anti-Crean post where you haven't jumped at his defense? He bailed on MU, and now many people (myself included) enjoy seeing him take his lumps. It's kinda the whole idea...we cheer and support the current coaches and players. If you leave for a "better job", to hell with ya. Must you always run to his defense?

Your right, Jeremiah missed some free throws down the stretch. In this instance, you blame the loss and the missed free throws on the kid. I have a feeling if Marquette loses a game in similar fashion, you'll piss and moan that Buzz isn't devoting enough time to FT's in practice.

Just wait... ::)

Actually there have been plenty of anti-Crean posts that I have written.....like clockwork, have you ever bothered to read them?   ;D  I just find these posts funny.  I'm still waiting for the weekly threads that Saint Louis University lost tonight to XYZ school....afterall, Rick Majerus left us high and dry (like Crean) but did it even later in the off season giving us no chance at a good replacement.....and he didn't even have the good manners to give us a good reach around (not one NCAA appearance, no Final Four, nothing).  But somehow I never see those posts. Or USC lost tonight, afterall Kevin O'Neill left us in a lurch and then proceeded to crap on the university time and time again after he left.  LOL

Who said I'm running to his defense?  IU lost, to a crap team.  They came back, should have won, but didn't.  They blew the game in the first half.  Where was I defending anyone?  Let me ask you, where are your posts of admonition on the same people on the other side?  Or do your motherly comments only apply to one side of the debate?  Sure seems that way.  Knock me over with a feather the first time you come on here chastising someone for starting a thread that IU lost a game....you know you won't....doesn't the same rule apply?  Of course it doesn't, because you hate the guy and are hypocritical.  You apply two different standards.  That's fine, but guess what...I'm not that bitter like you guys are getting my jollies off watching someone else lose.

And no, I didn't blame the loss on the free throws at all....like clockwork, did you bother to read what I said?  IU was down 24 points at one point, which I said....you don't get down 24 points because you missed free throws, you get down 24 points because you played like crap.  But yes, I was accurate in saying IU had the lead at the end, the kid missed 2 free throws, then fouled a kid on a 4 point play, then missed 2 more free throws....if any of this was not correct, please clarify...thanks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:17:19 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »
I, for one, would love to see TC fail.  Not because he's a bad coach (which he is) or because he screwed over Marquette, but because he isn't a decent human being.

I heard he keeps kids locked in the closet for hours and pushes old ladies down the stairs. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 12:34:27 AM »
            vendettas are counter productive.

Don Corleone would respectfully disagree...

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"...Don Corleone to Johnny Fontane

"You can act like a man! [slap] What's the matter with you?"...Don Corleone to Johnny Fontane

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"    Tom: "Can't do it Sally"

"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."...Clemenza to Sonny

"But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him - If he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell - or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, them I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive."...Don Corleone to the other Dons

Sonny: "How's Paulie?"    Clemenza: "Oh, Paulie? You won't see him no more."

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »
I will always take an extreme amount of pleasure in watching Tom Crean fail, as I wish him nothing but total misery in life.  I admit I'm a bitter person.  I can hold a grudge forever.  Today was a great Christmas gift for me. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 02:49:27 AM »
I will always take an extreme amount of pleasure in watching Tom Crean fail, as I wish him nothing but total misery in life.  I admit I'm a bitter person.  I can hold a grudge forever.  Today was a great Christmas gift for me. 

What are you bitter about?  I guess that's the thing I don't understand.  All those that are so bitter are the same people that hated him as a person, think he sucked as a coach, think he sucked as a recruiter.....you should be happy as clams that he's gone with all this bitterness. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 03:12:36 AM »
What are you bitter about?  I guess that's the thing I don't understand.  All those that are so bitter are the same people that hated him as a person, think he sucked as a coach, think he sucked as a recruiter.....you should be happy as clams that he's gone with all this bitterness. 

Chico

I have no idea as to the stories of him being a supreme prick but I am still dismayed at the utter lack of class or respect he demonstrated in leaving MU. In particular, the lack of courtesy to HIS players is mind boggling. What is so difficult about asking IU to sit on the news for 24 hours so he could properly debrief his players and his employer. It is outrageous the team members had to hear about his departure from ESPN. I live in a world that demands team work so the stories I have heard regarding his self-centered behavior sickens me. If the manner in which he handled his departure from MU is indicative there is probably credence to the many stories about his ego.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 05:40:44 AM »
Depaul does in fact lose to Florida Gulf Coast, 64-61.  Depaul may win 1  game in BE play and Wainwright will be history.  Can't continue to go down this path, can they?   

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 06:43:57 AM »
 I'm still waiting for the weekly threads that Saint Louis University lost tonight to XYZ school....afterall, Rick Majerus left us high and dry (like Crean) but did it even later in the off season giving us no chance at a good replacement.....and he didn't even have the good manners to give us a good reach around (not one NCAA appearance, no Final Four, nothing).  But somehow I never see those posts. Or USC lost tonight, afterall Kevin O'Neill left us in a lurch and then proceeded to crap on the university time and time again after he left.  LOL

Neither one of those guys are complete phonies. Crean is.