[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129162 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #8925 on: November 09, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »
Yeah, well, I just tested positive.    So any schadenfreude for me is kind of out the window.   

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=60311.msg1224354#msg1224354

There’s no question the health and safety of our moderators is our top priority. I would also add that your health and safety is kind of sort of just as important. We are meeting every day and are continually taking action to:

•   Establish policies that reduce the spread of the virus.
•   Washing hands before reading or posting on MUSCOOP and/or wearing rubber gloves.
•   Please do not sneeze while reading or typing on MUSCOOP.
•   Contagious MUSCOOP users will be limited to reading and posting in threads that have less than 50 views.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8926 on: November 09, 2020, 07:06:23 PM »
Awesome.    Interestingly, the only time I have been maskless in a public building since March 17 was a trip to the dentist last Tuesday.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8927 on: November 09, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »
Yeah, well, I just tested positive.    So any schadenfreude for me is kind of out the window.   

We're with you, our friend. Get well fast.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8928 on: November 09, 2020, 07:14:11 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, everybody.    I love all of you, too.    Back to the main topic.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #8929 on: November 09, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, everybody.    I love all of you, too.    Back to the main topic.

Yeah seriously. Where are the mods.  Clearly this is a “close to home report”

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8930 on: November 09, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »

Get well soon. You will be in my prayers.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8931 on: November 09, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=60311.msg1224354#msg1224354

There’s no question the health and safety of our moderators is our top priority. I would also add that your health and safety is kind of sort of just as important. We are meeting every day and are continually taking action to:

•   Establish policies that reduce the spread of the virus.
•   Washing hands before reading or posting on MUSCOOP and/or wearing rubber gloves.
•   Please do not sneeze while reading or typing on MUSCOOP.
•   Contagious MUSCOOP users will be limited to reading and posting in threads that have less than 50 views.

Wait - so I don’t have to wear a mask while I am posting?!?

Well, that’s embarrassing....

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #8932 on: November 09, 2020, 08:52:10 PM »
Not true.

Someone mocked him and said a firefighter wasn't a "real" profession. Crash maybe?

I agree with crash. Calling it just a profession is not doing it justice. It is so much more than that.
Thanks tower. Take care and get better soon.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8933 on: November 09, 2020, 09:04:10 PM »
Meanwhile in North Dakota....

With North Dakota hospitals at 100% capacity, Burgum announces COVID-positive nurses can stay at work

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6753876-With-North-Dakota-hospitals-at-100-capacity-Burgum-announces-COVID-positive-nurses-can-stay-at-work?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking

—————

And yet there is still no statewide mask mandate. Brilliant…
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:07:45 PM by GooooMarquette »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8934 on: November 09, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »
I agree with crash. Calling it just a profession is not doing it justice. It is so much more than that.

You don't want to be agreeing with keefe in this situation.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8935 on: November 10, 2020, 08:10:12 AM »
Meanwhile in North Dakota....

With North Dakota hospitals at 100% capacity, Burgum announces COVID-positive nurses can stay at work

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6753876-With-North-Dakota-hospitals-at-100-capacity-Burgum-announces-COVID-positive-nurses-can-stay-at-work?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking

—————

And yet there is still no statewide mask mandate. Brilliant…

This should produce some interesting scientific data. Death rates should start accelerating.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8936 on: November 10, 2020, 08:19:47 AM »

Dude Keefe was mocking Tower and Brew's professions. And questioning why they'd decide to get college degrees.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8937 on: November 10, 2020, 08:44:57 AM »
Godspeed on a recovery Tower.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #8938 on: November 10, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »
You don't want to be agreeing with keefe in this situation.

Re-read my post. I guess I should have put the first sentence in teal.
I said it was so much more than a profession.  Mine is a profession. I will never be in a position to risk my life to save others or even property.  I really didn't think I had to spell all that out. But then again, this is scoop, where Arby's is considered fine dining.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8939 on: November 10, 2020, 08:53:23 AM »
I said it was so much more than a profession.  Mine is a profession. I will never be in a position to risk my life to save others or even property.  I really didn't think I had to spell all that out. But then again, this is scoop, where Arby's is considered fine dining.

Wait, it isn't?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8940 on: November 10, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »
New Research Published in The Lancet Psychiatry Finds COVID-19 Associated with Increased Risk for Developing Psychiatric Disorders

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-research-published-in-the-lancet-psychiatry-finds-covid-19-associated-with-increased-risk-for-developing-psychiatric-disorders-301169075.html

The research, conducted by the University of Oxford and published in The Lancet Psychiatry, found an increased risk of adverse mental health consequences in those diagnosed with COVID-19, and that having a psychiatric disorder increases the chances of getting COVID-19. This is the first large-scale evidence that COVID-19 survivors are at an increased risk of psychiatric disorders.

-----------------

Are there really still people out there who are only concerned with ICU admissions or deaths?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8941 on: November 10, 2020, 09:37:50 AM »
Great.  I'm going to end up a republican NOJO.   

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8942 on: November 10, 2020, 09:44:45 AM »

It's side effects like this which is why we need to focus on more than the death rate!

But seriously Tower, get rested and get well.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8943 on: November 10, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »

Well, we have "proof" in the previous post that you are crazy, so what else would you become?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8944 on: November 10, 2020, 11:39:06 AM »
Mike Pence, head of the Coronavirus Pandemic Response team, will be on vacation this week and weekend in Sanibel Island, FL.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8945 on: November 10, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »
On the one hand, that was disturbing. On the other, totally predictable -- and impossible to stop. Most in that group were 18-22 year olds. They are "kids." I wish they didn't do it, and I hope they don't take the infection back to more vulnerable loved ones, but I don't know how anybody could have stopped it ... except by not letting fans in the stadium in the first place.

During the week, Kelly talked about the likelihood of it happening, and urged his players to get off the field as quickly as possible if it did happen. Hopefully, none of them got infected.

It could have been stopped. I was in the Bucky student section when they beat Penn State go to the Rose Bowl. Once it became obvious they were going to win security swarmed the area - every aisle of the student section and in front of it. Nobody rushed the field. Here, we're talking about ND, a school that already shut down due to COVID and whose President tested positive after the ACB superspreader event, drawing the ire of students. This one is on the administration.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8946 on: November 10, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »
Mike Pence, head of the Coronavirus Pandemic Response team, will be on vacation this week and weekend in Sanibel Island, FL.

Which should tell you all you need to know about the legal challenges to the election.  Face it, the task force wasn't doing anything anyway.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8947 on: November 10, 2020, 12:42:40 PM »
Which should tell you all you need to know about the legal challenges to the election.  Face it, the task force wasn't doing anything anyway.

Yep. Between Trump golfing nonstop and Pence escaping to Sanibel, it's business as usual in this Administration. Nothing but bluster and hyperbole.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #8948 on: November 10, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
Florida Man!

DeSantis’ latest hire for data team: Uber-driving, COVID-conspiracy sports blogger
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article247081417.html

When Gov. Ron DeSantis needed to hire a data analyst, his staff picked a little-known Ohio sports blogger and Uber driver whose only relevant experience is spreading harmful conspiracy theories about COVID-19 on the Internet.

In his own words, Kyle Lamb of Columbus, Ohio, has few qualifications for the job at the state’s Office of Policy and Budget, which pays $40,000 per year.

“Fact is, I’m not an ‘expert.’ I’m not a doctor, epidemiologist, virologist or scientist,” Lamb wrote on a website for a subscribers-only podcast he hosts about the coronavirus. “I also don’t need to be. Experts don’t have all the answers, and we’ve learned that the hard way.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8949 on: November 10, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »

Mea culpa

feedback