'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz is better than this...  (Read 6704 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Buzz is better than this...
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
I'm a little confused why nobody seems to have confidence in the freshmen.  I mean they're more talented than the James, McNeal, and Matthews combo that started nearly every game when they were freshmen and I doubt many of you guys complained about that. 

The three amigos started nearly every game because there were only four scholarship guards on the team.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »
Don't think the defensive effort has been bad this year, but we have woes on offense
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »
Don't think the defensive effort has been bad this year, but we have woes on offense

And this is my point of zoning the defense. It gets the defense struggling, but better offensive players on the floor, keeps players to minimal foul trouble (Jamil benefits), it creates long outlets for athletic guards that knows how to leak out, etc. There are some positives. I'm not say eliminate Buzz ball, I'm saying it may be a way to help the offensive end.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
5-4 is not good, but two of our losses are to top 10 teams that are undefeated. As of Saturday there were only 15 undefeated teams left. We played a bad first half at Arizona St in our first road game. I suspect that if we had another game at Arizona St we would win this time. I have already accepted this team for what it is, which is a team good enough to win the NIT championship. However, what really bothers me is that usually I have the feeling that next year we will be better. This year I feel that next year's team we will be worse.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »
However, what really bothers me is that usually I have the feeling that next year we will be better. This year I feel that next year's team we will be worse.

A little too early to think about next year.  But of course I will.   I understand your fear, when you consider the strnegth of this year's team is Garder/Ja Wilson/Otule and they will be gone.  But next year's team has a chance to be a lot of fun going back to small ball zaniness and fast pace. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »
A little too early to think about next year.  But of course I will.   I understand your fear, when you consider the strnegth of this year's team is Garder/Ja Wilson/Otule and they will be gone.  But next year's team has a chance to be a lot of fun going back to small ball zaniness and fast pace. 

Yea, actually, Guard might be a strength next year.

You have:
Wilson & Wilson
Todd & JJJ
Juan & Deonte

That's 6 pretty good players who should improve by next season.

The PF and C spots are up in the air and unknown

Steve Taylor
?
?
?

Burton and Juan might have to play "4" next year.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 12:08:04 PM »
Do you actually think Todd will be here next year? I also am beginning to wonder if Taylor will be here next year. He did not play against Wisconsin either. We will have no size at all if Taylor leaves unless you want to count a freshmen center that probably will not play much.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 12:09:40 PM »
Do you actually think Todd will be here next year? I also am beginning to wonder if Taylor will be here next year. He did not play against Wisconsin either. We will have no size at all if Taylor leaves unless you want to count a freshmen center that probably will not play much.

Taylor didn't play because he's hurt.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »
Yea, actually, Guard might be a strength next year.

You have:
Wilson & Wilson
Todd & JJJ
Juan & Deonte

That's 6 pretty good players who should improve by next season.

The PF and C spots are up in the air and unknown

Steve Taylor
?
?
?

Burton and Juan might have to play "4" next year.
Guard could be better next year. Don't think either Anderson or Burton would best be considered Guards, so take them out of the mix.
If both Wilson's play the point, then Duane should get the most minutes until proven otherwise. Derrick is a back up, and should warrant 15 minutes per game. JJJ needs to get most minutes at the 2nd guard--Mayo is a head case. Let's not forget about Dawson, and don't we have a couple wings coming in next year?
We will be hurting underneath next year.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

leever

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 09:01:27 AM »

We will be hurting underneath next year.

Especially painful when you are "hurting underneath", no?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »
Sunbelt and NiqueJames should be coaching this team.