* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by THRILLHO
[May 18, 2024, 09:50:17 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More JFB love and MU mentions  (Read 2014 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
More JFB love and MU mentions
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:09:28 AM »
From this morning's Chicago Trib:

Butler’s play is up there with stars
BY K.C. JOHNSON Tribune reporter
   LOS ANGELES — Told that Clippers coach Doc Rivers said he’s playing at an All-Star level, Jimmy Butler shook his head.
   “That’s a Marquette guy,” Butler said, referencing their shared alma mater.
   There’s more to it than that.
   It’s hard to believe after his underwhelming first season as a starting shooting guard, but with his defense remaining at an elite level and Butler averaging a team-high 21.3 points on 50.8 percent shooting, All-Star conversation will continue if this play does.
   Butler had 22 points and eight assists in Monday’s 105-89 victory over the Clippers, marking the sixth time he has scored 20 or more points. He did so just nine times in his first three seasons combined. And this is with Butler missing the first two games with a sprained left thumb.
   “When that game was on the line, he made big play after big play,” coach Tom Thibodeau said. “He’s playing great basketball.”
   Rivers revealed how much the Celtics liked Butler in the 2011 NBA draft before settling on MarShon Books at No. 25. The Bulls drafted Butler 30th.
   “I loved him. I thought he was a tough kid,” Rivers said. “(Then-Marquette coach) Buzz (Williams), I remember him calling and telling me that this was the best guy he ever had. He said, ‘I know you’ll like him as a kid. I’m trying to tell people he’s a good player.’
   “He’s maybe one of the few guys ever in the draft that people got lost in how good of a kid he was and couldn’t see how good of a player he was. In a crazy way, I thought that hurt Jimmy. No one saw the talent. I didn’t see it either. I didn’t know he was going to be this good.”
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

frozena pizza

• All American
Re: More JFB love and MU mentions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »
I will always be a fan of D-Wade and Wes Matthews, but Jimmy is quickly becoming my favorite warrior in the NBA.  Just killing it this year.  Hope he stays healthy and continues to play at that level. 

Let's get out the vote for Jimmy once the All-Star ballot is available on NBA.com.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14