[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is anyone else listening to this crap  (Read 7852 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Is anyone else listening to this crap
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
I'm calling BS on this one.  We watched Wes play average ball under TC for three years and DJ decline after his freshmen year.  Then we saw nothing special from Acker or Coobie, and now they play decent ball under Buzz...I'm not sure TC deserves credit for that.  I understand the transfer, the injuries, etc.... but I simply see players playing better under Buzz than TC.  I'm not convinced that TC shouldn't have equal talent to MU.  Since TC left, I like the players that Buzz brought in as a new BCS head coach in a small market in comparison to TC at IU who had to deal with sanctions.
 I found this so fitting as we all have to believe that TC felt it was all about the players and not so much the coach ?-(

And here I thought they made the NCAA tournament all four years with those guys.   I also think you will find almost universally that seniors play better than freshmen, sophomores and juniors.  Wes was a senior last year.  Acker and Coobs are seniors this year.  Not always, but usually that is the case. 

I'm not going to make this into a pissing match, does no one any good.

IU will be fine, they have Creek back next year...with Creek they were a decent team (beat Pitt by double digits, he scored 31 against Kentucky, 19 against Maryland, etc).  Without him, they are lacking for a scorer in a big way.

Meanwhile, happy Lazar has gotten the absolute most out of the seniors last year and this year.  The book truly closes on Crean after this year (Hayward, Coobs, Acker) and I'm very much looking forward to the Buzz era.

Peace

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
No, no he used to say: "Give me TC's recruiting budget, facilities and expense model and I'll win every time"

OK, you're right he actually said:  "Give me that motherf^cker TC's f'n recruiting budget, f'n facilities and f'n expense model and I'll kick that m-fer's a-- every time"

Sitting across from MU bench during a Memphis State / MU game in the Penny Hardaway era:  KO to Ron Curry:

"Ron, you f'ing kitten, take the ball to the f'ing hole!"

Everyone with a kid gets up and leaves...(not really)

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »
Crean's a complete joke of a coach. IU faithful are now catching on to the sales pitch. Izzo called off the dogs tonight as a goodwill gesture.
BTW, Buzz, Carmody, Bo etc. have all dealt with serious and season ending injuries to valuable players much more successfully than Too Tan Tommy.

What are you talking about? So far, Crean is very well liked by most in Bloomington. You have no clue.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »
Probably next year, but next year they should be middle of the pack.  The 2011, 2012, 2013 high school talent in Indiana is loaded.  If he lands some of them, they'll be happy campers.  One thing that IU people are is provincial, they love to see those Indiana kids in Indiana uniforms.  Due to the abundance of talent in those three years, he only needs to land a couple each year.

I think to remember here is that it's Indiana fans, some of the most irrational fans and ones that have some of the highest expectations around.  Next year Indiana most likely won't be making tournament then the heat's really going to be on Crean.  Getting better and competing in the middle of the Big 10 isn't to get it done especially when the rest of the Big 10 is getting better.  Not to mention with Purdue emerging in the state of Indiana there is another clear alternative to IU which will make Crean's recruiting significantly harder in addition to the others consistently recruiting in the same area, Pitino, Matta, etc.  I think Crean has a bumpy road in front of him and eventually the lack of competing for anything close to a Big 10 title and no wins in the NCAA tourney does him in in Bloomington. 2012 he's out of a job.

Of course this is all my own guess

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 10:11:52 AM »
What are you talking about? So far, Crean is very well liked by most in Bloomington. You have no clue.

That must be why his buddy Tom Izzo was pleading for patience after the game yesterday. Because everybody loves him and sees what a tremendous job he's doing. Izzo practically emptied his bench in the first half to keep things respectable, which I think is unconscionable. I'm sure all the Indiana players loved being patronized.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see mass defections after this season. There is something not right with that team and, believe me, I'm watching. Those guys do not like each other and I'm getting a distinct feeling that they've tuned out Crean's clapping and pacing.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:20 AM »

Its true. I have a couple IU buddies and when I ask them about Crean, they give me the "Oh, he is recruiting well and he'll work it out."  In my mind, this is total "circling the wagons" talk.  I know if there is one more below average season, I think it will be trouble.  Personally, I think Crean is in trouble.  I understand the thoughts about Creek and all, but I believe the Big Ten is on the rise.  Minnesota and Illinois will be better next season and MSU, UW, and Purdue will be solid.  There is no reason to think Indiana will be better than any of those teams next year. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

muchalktalk

• Walk-On
A long rant, but this is a silly argument
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »
You have to remember that Indiana is literally starting from scratch.  They are playing with mostly Freshmen and Sophomores.  Heck, take away Hayward, Acker, Cube, and DJO (assuming he got injured similar to Creek), and where would we be?  Crean doesn't have an All-Big Ten Forward and senior guards to lean on.

I watched a couple of their games (Pittsburgh and Kentucky), and they were definitely starting to improve as the year went on.  It's too bad Creek went down because he is the real deal.  They are young, but they will get better, especially as they get stronger.

Someone made the assertion that Buzz made Acker and Cubes better.  Actually, they both played well under Crean.  This leads me to the one beef I have with Buzz; why did he write-off Acker last year.  You can understand Cubes not playing a ton because he was coming off a major injury.  I just wonder if you could have rested James a little more by spelling him with Acker, maybe James doesn't get hurt(?)  I know it's a bit of wishful thinking and water under the bridge, but I would have loved to have seen what we could've done with a healthy team last year.

4ever calls Crean a joke of a coach, yet he managed to put MU back on the winning road, including a Final Four.  Yes, he did get Wade to MU, but if you can believe Wade, Crean made him better.  I have no idea about Crean personally; however, his players still seem to say good things about him.  When Crean let Mbakwe come back from his redshirt, a couple of Crean's most vocal critics said Crean was the worst person in the world; even though, it was obvious that Crean had every intention of playing him.  Heck, Buzz let Cadougan come back with little intention of playing him, and he is a saint.  It just funny the way 4ever and PRN can twist things around.

For the record, I am not a Crean apologist, but I am thankful for what he did for the University.  I didn't like the way he left either.  Having said that, one cannot be a joke of a coach and have the success that Crean has had.  You just cannot.  It just makes the person saying it sound petty, almost a little green with envy.           

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »

Can either of you guys substantiate your statements with evidence that he is either liked or hated by IU fans?

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »
Mods,

Is there any way that you could create a new category under Resources and call it something like Crean Crap? We could move all the threads that turn that direction and you could save the rest of us the frustration of even briefly reading about other schools that are not on our schedule.

feedback