[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NUNN  (Read 27946 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: NUNN
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »
As it stands now, Nunn would have been our fifth guard off the bench his freshman year...

Senior Vander Blue
Junior Todd Mayo
Freshman Deonte Burton (ranked higher)
Freshman Duane Wilson (ranked higher)

He might have even been number six if Derrick Wilson develops more.

.... he could start from day one at Illinois.

Since Buzz plays a three guard offense, he certainly could have received playing time.  Look, Buzz is obviously looking at guards.  He feels we need one.  Why do we have to crap on them when they dont choose MU?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
+1, that @themublueman guy on twitter looks like a 9 year old posting this garbage.

Lmao at @KNunnSG right now...have fun in the NIT the next 4 years followed by a brief stint in the Europe league. You could of made the NBA.

I hate fans that make our entire fanbase look weak.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
+1, that @themublueman guy on twitter looks like a 9 year old posting this garbage.

Lmao at @KNunnSG right now...have fun in the NIT the next 4 years followed by a brief stint in the Europe league. You could of made the NBA.

I hate fans that make our entire fanbase look weak.

He's the dumbass who posts on here.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 09:16:30 PM »
Also curious, Wilson and Burton are ranked ahead of him. I know ESPN isn't always great, but we have some solid talent coming in. Can Burton play the 2?

Nunn is excellent, but I'd put Burton very near him (and Burton is under-recognized by the 'public scouting services', IMO).  I'd call Deonte a mean switchable, but would see him at a '3' more often than anything, but 2 and 4 are doable as well. 

Would have loved Nunn, but now I'd like to either add a wing type that can shoot like a traditional or Kyle Washington, who is also under-appreciated by the ratings and could excel at Marquette.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Congrats to U of I. Would have been a nice way to round out the class, but if we can get a top 150 PF or C I will be perfectly happy to have missed here.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »
What am I going to do with this tattoo now? Any ideas on how to cover up a big "Kendrick Wade Nunn"?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:23 AM »
Who were the last MU recruits from Meanstreets?  Jerel and Mo, and Buckley recruited both--for MU and Ball State.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:06:00 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2012, 09:08:58 AM »

Since Buzz plays a three guard offense, he certainly could have received playing time.  Look, Buzz is obviously looking at guards.  He feels we need one.  Why do we have to crap on them when they dont choose MU?

I'm not saying he would not have played or I did not want him.  He would have been a great signing.  

What I am saying is Nunn would have been another in a long-line of successful guards at MU, but first he would have to wait his turn,  At UI they are hoping he will be a program changer.

It shows the relative difference between the programs.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »
Big Deal....Now everybody knows what we know:  "Marquette is second to Nunn"

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »
Big Deal....Now everybody knows what we know:  "Marquette is second to Nunn"

Great post!  You've inspired me - I'm going out right now and getting a tattoo!.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2012, 10:03:27 AM »
From all accounts Nunn is a very good player, and I would have liked to see him in an MU uniform - however, I got the impression over the last year that he is a pretty big prima donna/attention whore - and I'm not sure that fits well with the types of guys Buzz likes to coach....or can coach to the best of his/their ability.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
I think making disrespectful comments about recruits & the teams they chose over MU is a great idea.  Good work, guys.

Nunn is an excellent basketball player.  Illinois got a good one.  That's it.

I wish we could keep the disrespectful comments and cheap shots aimed where they belong - our fellow Scoopers!  (and I4, CBB, LW, FP, etc.)

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2012, 10:43:03 AM »
Illinois recruiting peep Chip Sylvie:

"I really like the Illini pickup of Nunn.  I think he's definitely a top 50 type even if his game has been sliding.I think he's a good pickup.  On the flip side, there would be a number of Illinois guys (I can think of 3) who think Nunn has been dreadful as of late."

Time to move on gentleman.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
From all accounts Nunn is a very good player, and I would have liked to see him in an MU uniform - however, I got the impression over the last year that he is a pretty big prima donna/attention whore - and I'm not sure that fits well with the types of guys Buzz likes to coach....or can coach to the best of his/their ability.

Yeah, he wouldn't fit in well.  That is why Buzz recruited him so hard after he decommitted from A&M.

Seriously people...

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »
It was a long recruitment, hope no buyers remorse, he got a lot of sunshine cast on him cause of who he played with. Now he has to work hard. 6'1 165 in the big. Good Luck and lets move on.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »

Sure. Buzz probably cooled on him.

I suspect you probably wouldn't be referring to the kid as a "whore" had he chosen MU. Get a grip and stop acting like a Badger fan.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »
I'm not saying he would not have played or I did not want him.  He would have been a great signing.  

What I am saying is Nunn would have been another in a long-line of successful guards at MU, but first he would have to wait his turn,  At UI they are hoping he will be a program changer.

It shows the relative difference between the programs.

Couldnt agree more

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
I See KAMERON WILIAMS is AVAILABLE ------- Would rather have him. Very impressive video.

6-2 or 3 170. 

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2012, 12:35:49 PM »
I See KAMERON WILIAMS is AVAILABLE ------- Would rather have him. Very impressive video.

6-2 or 3 170. 

Where is this video you speak of?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »
Sure. Buzz probably cooled on him.

I suspect you probably wouldn't be referring to the kid as a "whore" had he chosen MU. Get a grip and stop acting like a Badger fan.

What part of "I would have liked to see him in an MU uniform" did you not get??  It is entirely possible to want a talented player that is or may have prima donna tendencies.  Doesn't mean you don't recruit him, desire him, or want him on your team.  Yet at the end of the day, it might be best if you don't get the player.

Get a grip and try* to make an effort to understand the point - and stop using teal for obviously sarcastic statements - it really is lame.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
As it stands now, Nunn would have been our fifth guard off the bench his freshman year...

Senior Vander Blue
Junior Todd Mayo
Freshman Deonte Burton (ranked higher)
Freshman Duane Wilson (ranked higher)

He might have even been number six if Derrick Wilson develops more.

.... he could start from day one at Illinois.

Maybe 7th depending on how good Jamal Ferguson turns out to be.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:13:26 PM by MUFanatic4Life »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »
What part of "I would have liked to see him in an MU uniform" did you not get??  It is entirely possible to want a talented player that is or may have prima donna tendencies.  Doesn't mean you don't recruit him, desire him, or want him on your team.  Yet at the end of the day, it might be best if you don't get the player.

Get a grip and try* to make an effort to understand the point - and stop using teal for obviously sarcastic statements - it really is lame.

Sure, sure. I'm sure Buzz will look back some day soon and say "Ners was right, it's best we didn't get that talented kid out of Chicago. I better email him about it."

And I'll pass on taking lessons from what is and isn't lame from a grown man who refers to a high school kid as an "attention whore" because he chose a different school.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
Sure, sure. I'm sure Buzz will look back some day soon and say "Ners was right, it's best we didn't get that talented kid out of Chicago. I better email him about it."

And I'll pass on taking lessons from what is and isn't lame from a grown man who refers to a high school kid as an "attention whore" because he chose a different school.

Maybe if you followed the recruitment of the kid, and observed how ridiculous his Twitter activity has been seeking and soliciting fans of the schools he was considering over the past year to tweet at him and shower him with love to help close the deal...perhaps you'd come to a different conclusion. 

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Maybe if you followed the recruitment of the kid, and observed how ridiculous his Twitter activity has been seeking and soliciting fans of the schools he was considering over the past year to tweet at him and shower him with love to help close the deal...perhaps you'd come to a different conclusion. 

Grow up. The kid is 17 years old, not everyone that age knows how to handle the pressure of being a top recruit. Calling him an "attention whore" reflects poorly on all of us.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »

I think it's safe to say that had Nunn chosen Marquette, you wouldn't have questioned his Twitter activity or made disparaging remarks about him. Pretty sure you never raised it as an issue until he committed to Illinois.
It's sour grapes, and that's all it is. No better than the stuff we've seen out of Madison about Vander Blue and Wes Matthews.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:33:50 PM by Pakuni »

feedback