Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark  (Read 7615 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark
« Reply #100 on: Today at 11:53:55 AM »
He certainly won't during this offseason.   If there are unexpected departures, he may rethink it.   Until then, recruit, retain, develop.    Kickin it old school.
As we’ve discussed, Shaka is going to great lengths to avoid “unexpected departures” to anywhere other than the professional ranks.
His approach is based upon known departures.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #101 on: Today at 11:56:18 AM »
Shhhh…some scoopers don’t want to hear that.

I know it's become a Scoop meme at this point, but despite my love for Shaka, a hard-and-fast rule of "no transfer portal" is short-sighted.

I don't know how many here follow college football, but Clemson's Dabo Swinney is following this approach, believing team camaraderie and cohesiveness will carry the day. But it hasn't been working out for him.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #102 on: Today at 12:07:53 PM »
I know it's become a Scoop meme at this point, but despite my love for Shaka, a hard-and-fast rule of "no transfer portal" is short-sighted.

I don't know how many here follow college football, but Clemson's Dabo Swinney is following this approach, believing team camaraderie and cohesiveness will carry the day. But it hasn't been working out for him.

I understand what you are saying, but Dabo is the highest paid or one of the highest paid in the sport of college football at $15M a year. He also has the highest collective budget for his assistants. The highest paid assistant in country works at Clemson with a salary of $2m per year.  There are natty expectations with that salary especially since he has won 2 in the past pre NIL.

You also can't compare 125 player rosters with 85 scholarships to 13 scholarships where 10 people play max. This is comparing apples to oranges to say the least. Shaka has showed his system can work the last two years and we will see in another 2 years what exactly will happen.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #103 on: Today at 12:34:26 PM »

And if he has a 3 player recruiting this season, the only way MU has an opening is if somebody leaves unexpectedly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback