[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So which UW basketball player did the raping?  (Read 21011 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: So which UW basketball player did the raping?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 09:10:46 PM »
Really??? Giving athletes (who don't have the oppurtunity to work part-time) a couple thousand $$$ a month is going to cause a rape epidemic?

There is already a rape epidemic. I don't know if paying athletes will make it worse. But it is already there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
I agree with part one.  However, stud athlete who can lead team down the field in a two minute drill or averages 6 assists a game seems to have a different investigative system than the Bus Ad major from Chicago who is also part of Sigma Chi.  Or moreover, the victim is less likely to turn in stud athlete knowing the hell that will brought on to her (we saw it on this very board, we see it on the UW-madison boards when they had one of their football recruits accused...found guilty yesterday by the way).  If she turns in Bus Ad major from Chicago that no one knows or cares about, her life is exponentially less complicated than turning in an athlete, let alone one that is very good on a very good team that has a rabid following.

I would definitely agree with this. The only thing I would add is the system investigating the Sigma Chi isn't very good either.

The Department of Education has been attempting to get a handle on the rape epidemic going on in college campuses. The tile article of Time Magazine from a few weeks ago was all about the DOE's efforts. In 2011, they wrote a "Dear Colleague Letter" in an attempt to clarify universities' Title IX responsibilities when investigating alleged sexual assaults. Their intents were pure but they created some serious legal issues. It took away a survivor's right to privacy and had some pretty concerning First Amendment issues. They recently issued another letter in 2013 clarifying the 2011 letter...but it only made things worse. This is also when the DOE decided to lower the boom on the University of Montana, labeling it "Rape U." The said thing is, the University of Montana does not have any more rapes than any other university. They just had better reporting resources so survivors felt more comfortable reporting their attackers. They followed the DOE's instructions and now have been slapped with sanctions and an image that will take years to rebrand.
TAMU

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:13 PM »
Chicos is the goddam worst.

Chicos and Keefe are the reason I come on this board.

We are brothers in the Warrior way!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:54 PM »
Did Jesus also say go F yourself?   ;)

Only when He saw a Badger fan!

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »
what bs; ashamed for this thread; they did it to us so we (some of us) are going to be asshats and do it to them; horrible but not surprising to use a crime like this in an effort to exploit a different agenda

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »

I have no doubt that if she said a DI Michigan Indiana school, the Badger faithful would react accordingly.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 10:45:50 PM »
I dont think that is true at all.  UWGB is a small enough campus with only 1 division 1 sport so I think the basketball players are very well known.  They are well known on both campuses in my mind.  As a Badger fan if this happened at UW it makes me sick. Actually if it happened at any school it makes me sick.  There is no doubt this type of stuff happens and it is incredibly hard situation for the woman who has been raped.  It is a terrible trauma to be raped but then to know the scorn you will receive from a small group of deluded fans if you report the player is even worse.  

By the way, Jake, next time you want to tell us to keep it classy, please do the same for your own side.  I posted the article, I said it was a UW basketball player...that is what the article says.  Nothing else.

You want to over the various bullshyte Badger fans have done over the years about Wes Matthews mother, about Tim Maymon, about Vander Blue's dad, so on and so forth.  Seriously, get your own house in order.  As you say, keep it classy Vadger fans.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
what bs; ashamed for this thread; they did it to us so we (some of us) are going to be asshats and do it to them; horrible but not surprising to use a crime like this in an effort to exploit a different agenda

Only part of the agenda, Lloyd.  Fact is, this crap with sexual assaults \ rape happen far too often.  It was disgusting to see our side defend this nonsense when it happened to MU and rip on the victim. 

Yes, I have no problem putting a finger in their eye to our pals to the west for their utter hypocrisy on the subject, that's the other part of the agenda.

Guilty as charged.  They have no problem with one set of rules for themselves and a completely different set for everyone else.  Some people don't like, some people love it. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 07:07:31 AM »
Only part of the agenda, Lloyd.  Fact is, this crap with sexual assaults \ rape happen far too often.  It was disgusting to see our side defend this nonsense when it happened to MU and rip on the victim. 

Yes, I have no problem putting a finger in their eye to our pals to the west for their utter hypocrisy on the subject, that's the other part of the agenda.

Guilty as charged.  They have no problem with one set of rules for themselves and a completely different set for everyone else.  Some people don't like, some people love it. 

First, you have no idea what the details of the incident at Marquette were. Was there a rape? Perhaps, perhaps not.

As for this thread, you are way out of line - and this is not uncommon occurrence. Aping (and often surpassing) other people's disgusting behavior (which you admit is disgusting) isn't exposing hypocrisy. The only "point" you're proving is that you are every bit as big a dick (maybe bigger) as the biggest dick(s) on any other board. Congratulations, but we already knew that. Please stop.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:04 AM »
First, you have no idea what the details of the incident at Marquette were. Was there a rape? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Let me clear it up for you. There was.
TAMU

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:56 AM »
Who fooked who?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
Let me clear it up for you. There was.

No charges, no civil suit, conflicting stories. But YOU KNOW. The only people who KNOW are the alleged perps and the alleged victim. You have a bad habit of saying you "know" things that turn out to be nothing more than opinion based on something someone told you. Try to stick to the facts.

MU111

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »
In before the lock!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
No charges, no civil suit, conflicting stories. But YOU KNOW. The only people who KNOW are the alleged perps and the alleged victim. You have a bad habit of saying you "know" things that turn out to be nothing more than opinion based on something someone told you. Try to stick to the facts.

I thought there was a civil suit; I had simply assumed it didn't go anywhere since I haven't heard about it lately.

Incidentally... the most critical people I encountered of the victim in the one incident plastered in the Tribune were three young female alumni who happened to be at a gathering one night with my wife and I.  It wasn't so much a "blame the victim" or "she got what she deserved" mentality as it was "why was she even at a basketball party" mindset.  Nobody believed her, and it certainly didn't help that they were on campus when the bar for basketball groupies was set so low (see Funches, S.).  Even my wife (who went to IU) said that she and her friends were the same way in Bloomington... they would never consider going to a basketball party - not because they figured they would get raped - but because they had no desire to be looked upon as "just another basketball groupie."

I said it before, I'll say it again.... about half of all rape accusations are bogus, and about half of rapes that actually occur are never reported.  Unfortunately, stories like Megan's seem much more credible because she didn't report the incident than stories where it's trumped up to front page news (see LaCrosse, Duke).

$h!t has got to stop, though.  People have to face the consequences of their actions and victims shouldn't have to fear reprisal, threats, coercion, etc. just because there's hundreds of thousands or millions of athletic revenues on the table.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:11:15 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 10:10:48 AM »

Again, you aren't very close to the program, and it shows.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:39:16 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »
By the way, Jake, next time you want to tell us to keep it classy, please do the same for your own side.  I posted the article, I said it was a UW basketball player...that is what the article says.  Nothing else.

You want to over the various bullshyte Badger fans have done over the years about Wes Matthews mother, about Tim Maymon, about Vander Blue's dad, so on and so forth.  Seriously, get your own house in order.  As you say, keep it classy Vadger fans.

The article does not say a UW basketball player.  UW = Madison and everyone knows that.  It could obviously have been a UW basketball player.  I will not debate things have been taken too far on Badger boards and I probably have participated.  The story in the trib about MU basketball was a little different than this piece because of the facts laid out and the idea that the institution played a part in the issue.  There is no speaking of that in the most recent article.  Both are terrible and if it a Badger player who did it I will be first in line to call it a heinous incident. 

I didnt come here calling out this thread.  I came here and read a thread in which I thought the title was ridiculous but didnt say anything.  Here I will only discuss the facts that are there.  I will never defend a Badger player for something like this and I wont start a debate on a Marquette board on which incident is worse because they are both terrible if true.  On the Badger board I think this thread talking about the title of the thread and also how I was impressed with the amount of posters calling you out.  Still am impressed.  You are doing a disservice to your fan base. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 10:49:49 AM »
He does that a lot.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 11:00:06 AM »
The article does not say a UW basketball player.  UW = Madison and everyone knows that.  It could obviously have been a UW basketball player.  I will not debate things have been taken too far on Badger boards and I probably have participated.  The story in the trib about MU basketball was a little different than this piece because of the facts laid out and the idea that the institution played a part in the issue.  There is no speaking of that in the most recent article.  Both are terrible and if it a Badger player who did it I will be first in line to call it a heinous incident. 

I didnt come here calling out this thread.  I came here and read a thread in which I thought the title was ridiculous but didnt say anything.  Here I will only discuss the facts that are there.  I will never defend a Badger player for something like this and I wont start a debate on a Marquette board on which incident is worse because they are both terrible if true.  On the Badger board I think this thread talking about the title of the thread and also how I was impressed with the amount of posters calling you out.  Still am impressed.  You are doing a disservice to your fan base. 

Chicos does that often.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
The article does not say a UW basketball player.  UW = Madison and everyone knows that.  It could obviously have been a UW basketball player.  I will not debate things have been taken too far on Badger boards and I probably have participated.  The story in the trib about MU basketball was a little different than this piece because of the facts laid out and the idea that the institution played a part in the issue.  There is no speaking of that in the most recent article.  Both are terrible and if it a Badger player who did it I will be first in line to call it a heinous incident.  

I didnt come here calling out this thread.  I came here and read a thread in which I thought the title was ridiculous but didnt say anything.  Here I will only discuss the facts that are there.  I will never defend a Badger player for something like this and I wont start a debate on a Marquette board on which incident is worse because they are both terrible if true.  On the Badger board I think this thread talking about the title of the thread and also how I was impressed with the amount of posters calling you out.  Still am impressed.  You are doing a disservice to your fan base.  

I thought UW = University of Washington.

Sorry, I say clearly in the first paragraph it could be any of the DI UW schools, it just takes someone to read.   I was responding to your comments on Buckyville, since you didn't have the guts to say them here.  Over there you couldn't wait to say keep it classy, when you SPECIFICALLY and others of your ilk have done the same.  So keep it classy Badger fans.  Practice what you preach.

Yes, some posters have called me out, which is fine.  That's one of the beauties of this board and a huge difference vs the Badger boards, where stuff doesn't get called out over there by your own.  Maybe you can be the first to impress yourself and others.  Take this as a teaching moment.  Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to your fanbase when you don't.  Let's start by offering some apologies to Wes's mom, Vander's dad, Crean's wife, etc.  You know, since you guys are morally superior, I just don't want you to do a disservice to your fan base.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:25:47 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
http://www.uw.edu

UW-Madison is not UW.

Edit: Yes, Chicos is the 2nd worst poster on these forums. The first is the exceptionally racist, Voltron-esque combination of rocky_warrior and mu-hilltopper.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:34:43 AM by Skatastrophy »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »
Again, you aren't very close to the program, and it shows.

Again, you are full of it. If the administration knows that a rape occurred that night and are part of a cover up, people should be in prison. You are the worst, and this thread is just a small part of the evidence.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2014, 11:38:48 AM »
Again, you are full of it. If the administration knows that a rape occurred that night and are part of a cover up, people should be in prison. You are the worst, and this thread is just a small part of the evidence.

Sigh.  Forgive me for quoting you on that one when I should have quoted you on the civil suit commentary you made.  Happy now?  Again, you don't have a clue.   I'll fix it so it lines up properly for you.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »
I thought there was a civil suit; I had simply assumed it didn't go anywhere since I haven't heard about it lately.

Incidentally... the most critical people I encountered of the victim in the one incident plastered in the Tribune were three young female alumni who happened to be at a gathering one night with my wife and I.  It wasn't so much a "blame the victim" or "she got what she deserved" mentality as it was "why was she even at a basketball party" mindset.  Nobody believed her, and it certainly didn't help that they were on campus when the bar for basketball groupies was set so low (see Funches, S.).  Even my wife (who went to IU) said that she and her friends were the same way in Bloomington... they would never consider going to a basketball party - not because they figured they would get raped - but because they had no desire to be looked upon as "just another basketball groupie."

I said it before, I'll say it again.... about half of all rape accusations are bogus, and about half of rapes that actually occur are never reported.  Unfortunately, stories like Megan's seem much more credible because she didn't report the incident than stories where it's trumped up to front page news (see LaCrosse, Duke).

$h!t has got to stop, though.  People have to face the consequences of their actions and victims shouldn't have to fear reprisal, threats, coercion, etc. just because there's hundreds of thousands or millions of athletic revenues on the table.

Are own Marquette University recent study says the same thing.  Agree

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Marquette-University-sex-assault-study-256448201.html

"Girls are smart and they know if they report it, they are at risk of being blamed, shamed and isolated from their peers," reported Heather Hlavka, Sociologist at Marquette University

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2014, 12:03:14 PM »
What a fun thread.

A bunch of men, most of whom couldn't possibly have a clue what happened at either MU or UW (to the point on the latter that they don't even know which UW), sounding so certain about what they couldn't possibly have a clue about.

As bonus entertainment, the usual suspects are arguing incessantly with each other about what they do and don't have a clue about.

Not sure if this is a new low for Scoop, but it's in the team picture if only for the seriousness of the issue becoming secondary to the petty arguing.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
http://www.uw.edu

UW-Madison is not UW.

Edit: Yes, Chicos is the 2nd worst poster on these forums. The first is the exceptionally racist, Voltron-esque combination of rocky_warrior and mu-hilltopper.

Maybe I won't ban you this year since you managed  to work in a voltron reference.