[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sobleman's vs. AJ Bombers  (Read 20495 times)

DiaperDandy

• Starter
Sobleman's vs. AJ Bombers
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
Food Wars, a show on the travel channel, will be making a trip to Milwaukee.  The show will air on Wednesday and will put the Sobleman Burger up against the burger from AJ Bombers.  Thought this was pretty cool to see.  I love Soblemans but have never had AJ Bombers and was wondering what other scoopers thought of the two fine establishments.

reinko

• All American
Re: Sobleman's vs. AJ Bombers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
Thanks for the thread.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:04:39 PM »
Bombers: Run solely by and for douchebag handsome persons

how they won foodwars is beyond me

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
Bombers: Run solely by and for douchebag handsome persons

how they won foodwars is beyond me

pretty good burgers nonetheless

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
pretty good burgers nonetheless

false!!!!!!!!
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
That show was a commercial for Marquette!  I had heard of Sobelman's but graduated in 2000 (only a year after they opened), so I'll have to make a trip there next time to Milwaukee.  I was rooting for Sobelmans too considering it was backed by so many of our students.  That was the best Food Wars I've seen in a while.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:06:08 PM »
I got through about 3 minutes of it and had to turn it off. The Bombers twitter cult (twult?) is just too annoying. It's a shame, used to really enjoy the place. But the twitter orgy (tworgy?) that happens there most days keeps me from going. And the food has really gone downhill since it opened. Last couple of times I was there, the burgers were way overcooked.

Dave has done so much for MU students and organizations, it's too bad Sobelman's didn't win.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »
Because of the aforementioned whores, I'll never go to bombers again. I'm not going to ever again. I'm not gonna go as far as saying bombers fans are Nazis but they're at least a bunch of ... s who need to drink the kool-aid of the cult and go the way of Jonestown
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:47:06 PM by mu_hilltopper »

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 06:24:59 AM »
Because of the aforementioned whores, I'll never go to bombers again. I'm not going to ever again. I'm not gonna go as far as saying bombers fans are Nazis but they're at least a bunch of f-a-g-g-o-t-s who need to drink the kool-aid of the cult and go the way of Jonestown

Come on Ari, tell us what you really think  :D

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
I stole this from a friend:

"Judging Sobelmans not on the Sobelman's burger is like judging Shakespeare on a haiku.  Forget Food Wars, you have my heart Sobelmans."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »
Based on his posts on this thread and others, it appears that Ari has a massive hatred for "cool" people, attractive people, gay people, guys who sing poorly, people who disagrees with him, Twitter, Food Wars, and he also never gets laid. I guess I'd be angry too if that was my life.

Anyway, in my book, Sobelman's beats any burger in town.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 08:04:51 AM »
Based on his posts on this thread and others, it appears that Ari has a massive hatred for "cool" people, attractive people, gay people, guys who sing poorly, people who disagrees with him, Twitter, Food Wars, and he also never gets laid. I guess I'd be angry too if that was my life.

Anyway, in my book, Sobelman's beats any burger in town.

the first two are kind of relative aren't they?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
I got through about 3 minutes of it and had to turn it off. The Bombers twitter cult (twult?) is just too annoying. It's a shame, used to really enjoy the place. But the twitter orgy (tworgy?) that happens there most days keeps me from going. And the food has really gone downhill since it opened. Last couple of times I was there, the burgers were way overcooked.

Dave has done so much for MU students and organizations, it's too bad Sobelman's didn't win.

For the old folk, what do you mean by the twitter cult and the twitter orgy?

Do people go there and sit around and tweet all day how they're hanging out at AJ Bombers and its the bestest, most coolest place in Milwaukee?

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

Do people go there and sit around and tweet all day how they're hanging out at AJ Bombers and its the bestest, most coolest place in Milwaukee?

Exactly as you described it.  Which is why when I go there I get cold death stares from a few since I don't play the fanboy game with them.
The General has taken on a new command.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »
I've been to AJ Bombers a couple times and can honestly say that I've never had a bad burger there. My biggest problem is their buns. That being said, Sobelman's will always remain the King of Milwaukee Burgers in my book.

Dave...you were robbed, my friend.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
Exactly as you described it.  Which is why when I go there I get cold death stares from a few since I don't play the fanboy game with them.

Wow. Sounds pretty weak.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »

yes, and they hate on people for disagreeing. Quote: Wow. Just unfollowed @[redacted] after he went on a "I hate @ajbombers" binge last night & unfollowed anyone who supported them. #WTF

with another Retweet of how much of an ass @[redacted] and further passive aggressive tweets. --If someone wants to post the links, go ahead but it's not my thing--

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 10:17:16 PM »
yes, and they hate on people for disagreeing. Quote: Wow. Just unfollowed @[redacted] after he went on a "I hate @ajbombers" binge last night & unfollowed anyone who supported them. #WTF

with another Retweet of how much of an ass @[redacted] and further passive aggressive tweets. --If someone wants to post the links, go ahead but it's not my thing--

funny...the tweet that started all that was from @[redacted]: Because of #foodwars and @ajbombers I'm unfollowing SO many people and turning my twitter off for awhile #loyalty

oh wait...that was you...

so basically...you disagreed with them and unfollowed them...and now you are complaining about them unfollowing you bc you were an a-hole...and you clearly realized you were earlier today too seeing as how you deleted all your off-puting tweets...

Moving on...I thoroughly enjoy both AJBombers and Sobelman's burgers...the better overall burger I think goes to Sobelman's...but Bomber's burgers definitely get huge points for creativity with the Barrie Burger and Bomber Burger. and yes, I do enjoy going into Bombers and people...the patrons and the staff...knowing who I am and having conversations (in real life mind you) with all of them.

Funny that in the Angelo's thread, people complain about bartenders not being personal with patrons...yet here is a great example of staff who gets to know the patrons and people crap all over it.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »
funny...the tweet that started all that was from @[redacted]: Because of #foodwars and @ajbombers I'm unfollowing SO many people and turning my twitter off for awhile #loyalty

oh wait...that was you...

so basically...you disagreed with them and unfollowed them...and now you are complaining about them unfollowing you bc you were an a-hole...and you clearly realized you were earlier today too seeing as how you deleted all your off-puting tweets...

Moving on...I thoroughly enjoy both AJBombers and Sobelman's burgers...the better overall burger I think goes to Sobelman's...but Bomber's burgers definitely get huge points for creativity with the Barrie Burger and Bomber Burger. and yes, I do enjoy going into Bombers and people...the patrons and the staff...knowing who I am and having conversations (in real life mind you) with all of them.

Funny that in the Angelo's thread, people complain about bartenders not being personal with patrons...yet here is a great example of staff who gets to know the patrons and people crap all over it.

unnatural carnal knowledgeem if they cant take a joke

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 07:53:25 AM »
AJ Bombers is pretty bad.  I just don't see the plus side.

The beef is mediocre and their buns are terrible.

There's a reason that they have a huge selection of burger toppings:  you need some serious flavor to cover up the inadequacies of the meat and bread. 

Those little deep fried cheesy things with the chipotle ranch are out of this world, though :)

Drinking there is out of the question.  With a place like Red Rock saloon just up the street that has *way* better food and is more down to earth there's no reason to go to AJ Bombers... unless you want a peanut butter sandwich with some cheap beef thrown into it so that they can call it a burger. 

LON

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 08:06:31 AM »

Man, twitter is the ghey

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 08:10:12 AM »
Drinking there is out of the question.  With a place like Red Rock saloon just up the street that has *way* better food and is more down to earth there's no reason to go to AJ Bombers... unless you want a peanut butter sandwich with some cheap beef thrown into it so that they can call it a burger. 

I thought I heard the guys from Durango took over the kitchen at Red Rock. If it's close to the same menu I might have to check that out.

2768vansicm

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »
Who goes to Sobleman's when there are 3 different Kopp's locations you could go to???

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »
I am on my mobile so I assume the guy above my post is in teal.  If not, I truly feel sorry for him.