[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sports web sites  (Read 2434 times)

romey

• All American
Sports web sites
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:09:41 AM »
I'm not the best web surfer.  I have MUScoop bookmarked and ESPN.com, but I hear references to (and of course I visit) other sites for sports "fixes."  Informal poll - how do you rank the sports sites? (ESPN, Yahoo, SI, CBS, etc.)?  I just thought if I bookmark more sites I could waste my entire weekend at the computer.  Except, of course for game time.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Sports web sites
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
If you are a NBA/Bucks fan, Realgm is a must.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:28:21 PM »
For football: National Football Post, Football Outsiders, Cold, Hard Football Facts, Pro Football Talk

Other than that, I find team-specific fan blogs and official blogs from beat writers (like Rosiak for MU, Pelissero from the GBPG and Bedard from the JS for the Packers) always have good stuff.

Oh, and the end all be all for news and the best way to get it - Twitter. Hands down. Spend an hour or two finding the people you want to follow, and you'll never have to article hunt ever again.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:32:17 PM »
I like The Bleacher Report http://bleacherreport.com/

For brewer fans: http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/

I like ESPN and Yahoo Sports the best, but that's because I used yahoo sports when I first got the internet and I am familiar with it. Plus i don't want to pay to be an insider

MarquetteHoops Forum

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 11:12:15 AM »
If you like sports and links to random websites, you have to make SI's Extra Mustard part of your daily routine. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/extramustard/?eref=sihp I check it out every day during lunch.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
Oh, and the end all be all for news and the best way to get it - Twitter. Hands down. Spend an hour or two finding the people you want to follow, and you'll never have to article hunt ever again.

Even though I still despise Twitter I find it to be the quickest way to get your information is to go to the source of that information. Such as looking up Jay Glazer the other day to see what was going on in NFL free agency. It usually ends up being an hour ahead of the report.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »

feedback